Over thousands of generations the peaceful Darwinians have been evolving in a beautiful digital world, but now their whole way of life is under threat from a devastating computer virus that has infected their world and decimated their numbers. Without your protection they don't stand a chance and it’s up to you to lead them into battle to recapture their lost world! Once you've proven your command ability, take your Darwinian army online and challenge your friends to strategic combat, as tribes of Darwinians slaughter one another in a desperate struggle for supremecy.
Darwinia+ is the version of Darwinia for the Xbox 360 released via Xbox Live Arcade and includes updated versions of both Darwinia and Multiwinia.
Hello everyone on ModDB! I'm Adrian Lopez, the founder and administrator of Introversion Tournaments, a community group centered around Multiwinia and DEFCON. We are attempting to host our first ever Multiwinia tournament! We have 3 spots filled, and there are 9 spots open for the taking! If interested and want to participate in the mayhem, please head on over to our forum! Full details on the tournament can be found below:
This tournament's name is the "Survival of the Flattest". The tournament will consist of 12 players split into 3 brackets(so there will be 3 matches and 1 finals match, moderated by us). The important details are:
- 4 players will face off in a 'Domination' match against eachother on the map 'The Holy Tree'
- It is every man for himself. He who owns the most spawn points or is the last man standing wins and moves on.
- The winning 3 players of the 1st round will proceed to the finals, where they will fight to the death(same rules and win conditions apply.
- You CANNOT talk, discuss, or converse with any competitors privately. If you do talk, it MUST be in all talk. If you try to converse with players privately(we will know) you will be disqualified and banned from competing in future tournaments.
- Once the competition begins, you MUST remove your opponents(should they be on your friends list) from your friends list. No private Steam chatting is allowed.
- Show sportsmanship and comradery, but fight the good fight and let there be no mercy.
- No trash talk or profound language against other competitors - have respect for your opponent.
- Should any rules be violated, you will be warned, and if you continue to act unfavorably, the match will be stopped and you will be disqualified from the tournament.
All players who participate in the tournament(albeit win or lose) will be recognized on the Introversion Tournaments forum by having their name put in purple(instead of the standard white), and the champion will have their name in a gold-yellow. The champion will also receive a free copy of HALF-LIFE 2. All participants will also be recognized in our tournament archives, and your name will always be there.
There is a SECOND prize that will be awarded, but it shall remain undisclosed until the competition begins.
Latest tweets from @ivsoftware
@CodingEntity Imagine what it was like recording it
Mar 27 2015, 5:23pm
Prison Architect Alpha 31 released! This months major feature: DEATH ROW. Watch us wrestle with this dark topic T.co
Mar 27 2015, 3:21pm
We would have launched a31 properly hours ago if YouTube wasn't being so damned slow at processing our vid
Mar 27 2015, 2:21pm
Quite scary to think many of our players weren't even born when these guys were running T.co
Mar 27 2015, 10:45am
@Supernova792 yeah I know. We just didn't want to stop early :)
Mar 24 2015, 7:24pm
Lovely weather in London today :) my fav city in the world without doubt. Chris T.co
Mar 24 2015, 5:47pm
Chris gets bored in the board meeting T.co
Mar 24 2015, 9:01am
Mar 23 2015, 2:25pm
@TyphoonWalrus hire a LOT of guards ;)
Mar 23 2015, 2:25pm