Welcome to CYPHER. A corrupt government controls Mars as corporations sell oxygen at a premium. You are an agent with an incredible skill set determined to eliminate the system. Taking information is how you will do it; unfortunately, other organizations are seeking what you are. They will stop at nothing to steal the valuable data you hack... · Free online lobby network that provides for chat and game matchmaking. · Increase your hacking skills and strength as you level your Agent with completed online missions. · Leaderboards display the top players across the globe. · Automatic updating system so players always have the latest version. · Jetpacks, Lasers, Blasters, Plasma's, Detonators, and heath packs are just a few of the many tools your Agent can utilize. · Entirely open environment with endless possibilities for strategy, teamwork, and sabotage. · Controls are highly intuitive and precise, giving players the opportunity to employ skill on a massive scale.
A new update to the Online Multiplayer Hacking Platform Game is now available: Cypher Beta 3.0!
Posted by CypherGame on Aug 25th, 2013
Cypher makes its fifth major release premiere with Beta 3.0! Get the latest copy here:
This update is the culmination of two months of coding, with a special effort around updating Cypher to utilize XNA 4.0 and the .NET framework 4.0. These new libraries allow the game to perform considerably smoother and will give flexibility to the project and the possibility to move to new platforms such as Linux, Mac OS, Android, etc.
Players will notice the following improvements:
- New Tech! Shaped bombs, plasma bombs, and EMP bombs give the player a greater array of explosive power.
- Recycling! Items and ammunition will now drop as after death. This provides a more serious penalty for dying and a larger incentive to kill other agents.
- The game environment rules/constants have been tweaked to allow for better gameplay.
- The interface and minimap radar have been cleaned and improved upon.
Some major "under-the-hood" revisions have been implemented:
- A high performance dedicated server is now online and operational.
- Network spikes are being handled more gracefully, with synchronization issues being fixed.
- Player movement bugs have been resolved.
- Shaders and lighting have been completely revamped for performance and better visuals.
- Collision areas for most in-game objects have been revisited and adjusted.
- Prerequisite framework checking has been better integrated, and should allow for a better user experience.
If Cypher is already installed, the updater can be used to grab the latest update. If XNA 4.0 and .NET 4.0 are not detected on your system, the game will prompt you to download the required frameworks.
Hack the Planet!