The first patch to Cry of Fear is now finally released! It should make the mod more stable and fix a lot of annoying bugs that we sadly didn't have time to fix because of our promise to release the mod in time.
We've got a lot nice feedback from all of you, and most of it is so awesome! We are really glad that most of you enjoyed our mod! Even though there are a few people giving the mod unserious reviews like rating it 1, but oh well, that's what haters and trolls are for, isn't it?
On the other hand, we've been interviewed by Podcast 17. So if you want to hear an awesome interview and chit chat about Cry of Fear, please head over to this link!
Cry of Fear v1.0
For you who have not yet tried Cry of Fear, please download it from here down below:
Instructions for installing Cry of Fear v1.0
1. Make sure you have Half-Life 1 installed on Steam.
2. Download Cry of Fear here: Moddb.com
3. When you have installed it, launch the mod through the shortcut that automatically gets generated on your desktop.
This patch includes a lot of fixes that most people have been annoyed at. Here are the bugs that are fixed: MISC FIXES 1. Launch the CoF app program (the shortcut that generates on your desktop when you install Cry of Fear). If you don't have the shortcut, you can manually find the .exe in this directory:
Instructions for installing Patch v1.1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\yourusername\half-life\CryOfFear\
1. Launch the CoF app program (the shortcut that generates on your desktop when you install Cry of Fear). If you don't have the shortcut, you can manually find the .exe in this directory:
2. Once your launch program is up, simply click "CHECK FOR UPDATES", and it will download it and install it for you automatically. Once the install is done, restart Steam.
That's all I have to say to you now. I hope you enjoy the mod!