Critical Point: Incursion is a standalone game created with Epic Games' Unreal Development Kit. Incursion is a semi-realistic, arcade-like first-person shooter combining tactical gameplay with arcade-style speed.Utilising a wide variety of modern weaponry and set in fantastically rendered locations, the Mercenaries and Special Forces meet at a critical point! In a rush-based mode as seen in first-person shooters such as CoD4, Battlefield 3, Counter Strike and TO:AoT, teams are given level-specific objectives in round-based scenarios! CP:I is aimed at a large player base, offering a huge platform for competitive clan and league play, allowing individuals to shine and capture their glory regardless of how many hours they have played. It accentuates skill vs luck, aiming vs spraying, etc. We differ from the competition by having no unlockables, no RPG's, claymores, tanks, jets or other vehicles. Just PURE infantry combat action!!
Here is what Critical Point: Incursion has planned!
Posted by a2ny on Sep 10th, 2012
Critical Point: Incursion - list of our current and planned features!
• Multiplayer online FPS up to 64 players
• Built in self-made Anti-Cheat
• Demorec functions for recording gameplay footage
• Spectator slots for officials (customisable)
• Developer and community involvement
• LAN/WAN support
• Dedicated servers
• Custom Map support
• Huge platform for competitive clan and league play
• Pure FPS action game, no gimmics, no unlockables, no achievements as mentioned above
• 22 weapons
• 6 completed levels and more in progress
• 4 Objective types; team deathmatch, bombing, hacking, rescue
• 4 completed Character models, male and female Swat and Mercenaries.
• Built ingame chat (text) communication
• Built ingame commands and menu for server administration
• Custom MOCAP character animations and effects
• Steam integration (when approved) for statistics and playing with friends
• New hostage rescue scenario
• New CTF objective
• New playable levels (already in progress)
• Additional weapon features, such as flashlight and night vision
• AI support for bots in offline play
• Support for other languages
• Integration of IRC in game or a match making system
• Webadmin support