Conquest of Elysium 3 is an old school fantasy strategy game. You explore your surroundings conquer locations that provides the resources you need. Resources needed vary much depending on what character you are, e.g. the high priestess need places where she can gather human sacrifices, the baron needs places where tax can be collected and where iron can be mined. These resources can then be used for magic rituals and troop recruitments. The main differentiator for this game is the amount of features and special abilities that can be used. The game can be played on Windows, Linux (x86 and raspberry pi) and Mac OSX (intel and powerpc).

Forum Thread
The best game I've played since 1995 (Games : Conquest of Elysium 3 : Forum : General CoE3 Discussion : The best game I've played since 1995) Locked
Thread Options
May 18 2013 Anchor

I already said this in another thread, but I just wanted to call it out explicitly in its own thread:

Conquest of Elysium is a lot of fun! More fun and flavorful than any game I can think of since 1995 and Microprose. I originally ran into Dom3 when I was looking for a spiritual sequel to 'Master of Magic', and while I enjoyed Dom3, CoE has that 'exploring dungeons with wizards and heroes' feel that I was looking for. I love all the distinct character classes, which I am still trying out, and their individualized resource mechanics.

Thanks Illwinter!

-Max

Sep 19 2013 Anchor

Agree. Fantastic feeling of exploration of a vast magic world. And seasons change. And ruins, and libraries. And variety of creatures, units, spells, tactical tricks is just formidable. And shifty strategic maneuvers, and AI is clever. This game is very...I don't know... COZY. It's cool to play CoE3 in winter while sipping tea with wild rose...

Edited by: -Rodor-

Sep 27 2013 Anchor

I took a break from COE3 when DOM4 came out and started playing it again just some day ago waiting for Illwinter to fix a crucial bug in DOM4. And hell... I think I'm hooked to COE3 now. Damn it's a good game. It's sad to see that this board isn't more populated than it is.

Sep 30 2013 Anchor

I like COE more than DOM cause its quicker and yet has still a lot of different things in it. DOM probably better if one has the extra time to invest and the nerve for daily turns.

Sep 30 2013 Anchor

The last I heard... apparently CoE3 has outsold all of the Doms put together so feel free to say what you will.

I had liked Dom because it was turn-based with a save each turn. So I could easily break from it to do other things then come back to it. Also it shared the machine well with other programs running at the same time. It didnt try to use ALL of a machines resources like some other games. That meant I could run a paint program or word program or something else then flip back and forth quickly between it and Dom.
CoE3 is all of those, and more. So Im very happy with CoE3 now.

Altho I DO wish there was more player creation. CoE3 has more capability than even Dom4 (like programmming in world events, and quests, and scenarios).

Oct 2 2013 Anchor

Maybe I actually should make a scenario, just for the fun of it. I used to love making scenarios on Civilization 2 back in the days and to me a well constructed scenario is a piece of art. Hmm

Oct 4 2013 Anchor

I have some idea for new classes, but first i will finish my "balance mod", only 3 classes left.

Oct 30 2013 Anchor

Just purchased CoE3 out of interest after purchasing Dom4 and it looks like some geat stuff. Just don't know when I'll have enough free time to play it. :rolleyes: I simply love those games from Illwinter. Bought Dom3 last year from Shrapnel but I think I'm going to buy Dom3 again on Desura just to support Illwinter.

Oct 31 2013 Anchor

Ilon wrote: I'm going to buy Dom3 again on Desura just to support Illwinter.

Me too. I have CoE3 and Dom3 on Gamersgate but I decided to purchase them both here on Desura. Illwinter deserves even more that we can give to them. Such kind of creators are rare birds in our times.

(edit 2 days later) Done.

Edited by: -Rodor-

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.