Conquest of Elysium 3 is an old school fantasy strategy game. You explore your surroundings conquer locations that provides the resources you need. Resources needed vary much depending on what character you are, e.g. the high priestess need places where she can gather human sacrifices, the baron needs places where tax can be collected and where iron can be mined. These resources can then be used for magic rituals and troop recruitments. The main differentiator for this game is the amount of features and special abilities that can be used. The game can be played on Windows, Linux (x86 and raspberry pi) and Mac OSX (intel and powerpc).

Forum Thread
Poll: After Playing Dwarves Reforged - Iron Edition... (6 votes)
Dwarves Reforged - Iron Edition 1.0 (Games : Conquest of Elysium 3 : Forum : Mods : Dwarves Reforged - Iron Edition 1.0) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 26 2013 Anchor

Dwarves Reforged - Iron Edition 1.02 For CoE 3.18
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dwarves Reforged - Iron Edition is a replacement for the original Dwarf Queen class that alters how Dvala work to require less micromanagement, and enhances human mercenary unit variety and frequency.

Download Location and Instructions

I am hosting this mod on my own server for anyone who wants it. Use this link:

Dwarves Reforged - Iron Edition

If you're using Windows 7 to play, you'll want to unzip the download into this folder:

C:\Users\**YOUR USERNAME GOES HERE**\AppData\Roaming\coe3\mods

After that just enable the mod inside Conquest of Elysium 3 using the main menu and begin your Dwarven domination by selecting the Dwarven Queen class as you would normally. To revert back to the original Dwarven Queen class simply disable the mod in the same menu. This mod will not alter any saved games you have, you must start a new game to play with it.

Dvalas and Daughters of Dvalin

While the original concept of birthing a Dwarf Worker every month and retraining them to be Warriors, Guards, Arbelests, etc... was interesting and unique (as far as CoE3 classes go... reminded me of Zerg larva), it added an extra layer of micromanagement that was really annoying. It was an additional restriction to your recruitment of forces on top of being entirely dependent on iron and gems to have any sort of army, and not being able to recruit more than once per citadel like the other classes. Dwarves Reforged - Iron Edition attempts to speed up playing as Dwarves (for the player, not in game) by removing the birthing mechanic and focusing more on the iron aspect of recruitment. Dvalas are more important than ever before, even without the Dwarf Worker system in place. You won't be able to recruit forces any faster than you could before, but you'll have less hoops to jump through when you go to do it.

Dvalas and Daughters of Dvalin now give iron production bonuses equal to 3 and 10 respectively. To compensate for this, the class iron bonus has been removed. The end result is that Coal Mines are much less important than Dvalas and Daughters of Dvalin, but of course still useful (for gems if nothing else). While cleaning up I also removed Dwarf Workers from the starting army group. Instead, Dwarves begin with half as many Warriors as they had Workers, and the Warriors are under the Dwarf Commander by default in case you want to go scouting with him immediately. The starting group of Dwarves was left unchanged.

Mercenaries

Legends of the fabulous riches Dwarves have mined from Elysium's mountains and hills have spread far and wide, attracting many more mercenaries looking for a big pay day. The original assortment of Spearmen, Swordsmen, Archers, and Pikeneers offering to kill for coin have doubled their offer frequency, but are also now competing with Zweihanders, Longbowmen, and Cavalrymen for Dwarven gold. As a result some prices have gone down, but these new, more powerful mercenaries do not come cheap and are less commonly available than the original 4 types.

The goal of these changes is to help Dwarf players have more to do with their gold, increase the variety of units they can field, and make mercenary recruitment a more important (and reliable) part of their overall strategy. With cavalrymen Dwarves finally have access to a fast unit, but they cost 140 gold to recruit (20 higher than the previous universal merc price), have only a 5% chance of being offered, and you get 5 of them instead of 10 like every other merc squad. As of 1.02 there is also a new unit, the Cavalry Captain, that has a crossbow and hangs out in the mid rank. It is the rarest mercenary with just a 3% chance of appearing, but it is the only Fast leader available to the Dwarves and goes well with Cavalrymen.

Known Bugs

Only one so far, which is that despite not actually producing double iron, all locations that produce iron still show twice as many iron symbols as you actually receive. It seems aspects of Dwarven Queen's iron and gold double production bonus were hard coded into the class, and not simply adjusted via the property I was able to use to tone it back down to normal. This bug is easy to verify; if you start a new game you should have +5 iron production from turn 1. Your mine will show 4 iron, but you're only actually getting 2 from it. The other 3 are coming from your Dvala, even though she does not have any symbol indicating she is providing you with the bonus iron in her character sheet. Note that the gold symbols are still accurate because I did not change the production of gold. This bug is purely cosmetic and in no way changes how you play the class.

Look For Mithril Edition Soon(ish)

I am still going over ideas on how to improve Rune Smiths and their interaction with Warriors and Guards in another edition of Dwarves Reforged, and I have an easily implemented idea for making Queen's Councilors more useful and unique ready to go. I want to eventually revamp how Dwarves are played entirely by adding a new ranged unit, a Dwarven Pikeneer, Dwarven Goat Cavalry, and changing Dwarf Arbalests significantly. These changes are extreme, though, so I am releasing Iron Edition now while the most basic improvements with the least impact on the play style of the vanilla Dwarf Queen class are finished. Let me know what you think; I am still play testing the changes to ensure I did not imbalance the class and all feedback is welcome.

Change Log

1.02 / 26 Oct 2013
Mercenaries
-----------------
Added Cavalry Captain to mercenaries, it has the same stats as a Cavalryman, but 13 hp instead of 11. It also hangs out in the mid row instead of the front, and has traded in the Charge attack for a Crossbow. It still has a Broadsword. This unit is a Commander with a 3% chance to show up per turn (average of 1 per 33 turns played, or about 3 years game time).

Units
-------
Fixed a small text error that made the modified Dwarven Commanders cost the wrong amount.

1.01 / 26 Oct 2013
Mercenaries
-----------------
Longbowmen and Zweihanders changed to recruit 10 per offer instead of 5 (should have been 10 from the start)
Zweihander mercenary price increased to 130 gold

1.0 / 26 Oct 2013
Major Features
---------------------
Dvala's and Daughters of Dvalin now produce 3 and 10 iron respectively
Dwarf Workers no longer spawned by Dvala's or Daughters of Dvalin
Dwarf Queen class iron production bonus removed
Mercenaries reworked

Starting Units
-------------------
11 Dwarf Workers removed
6 Dwarf Warriors added and placed under the Dwarf Commander by default

Mercenaries
------------------
Recruitment chance for Spearmen, Archers, Swordsman, and Pikeneers set to 10% per turn
Recruitment chance for Zweihanders, Longbowmen, and Cavalrymen set to 5% per turn
Spearmen now cost 100g (was 120g)
Archers now cost 110g (was 120g)
Swordsmen now cost 110g (was 120g)
Zweihanders added for 120g gold
Longbowmen added for 120 gold
Cavalrymen added for 140 gold

Edited by: Lohengramm512

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.