There hasn't been a lot of love given to Conquest in a while, apart from in our hearts and minds. In an effort to keep you in the loop, here are some proposed changes for the next updates. Please realize that this is quite far fetched at the moment, mainly because of financial issues and the new title taking priority, but it's definitely things we would like to do.
- Rename the demo to free to play version. Payment ($9.99) is for access to more game options (game modes, climates, AI). Free multiplayer accounts get stats tracking and no longer expire.
Proxy Engine 2.0:
- With the development of the next title, the engine has improved tremendously. Things to look forward to range from new font rendering and improved performance to better platform support.
Other (in no particular order):
- Less video memory usage (unload unused textures) – improves poor laptop performance.
- Translations to German, Slovenian, Italian.
- Tone down excessive gore.
- Fix shared memory errors with official server instances becoming unresponsive.
- Fix support-f9/no-single-player-offline-play-could-not-connect-to-server-t253/.
- Pause button.
- Direct connect.
- Save/load, support for playing multiplayer games when only one player is there (ala play-by-email).
- Improve flow after victory/defeat.
- Linux 64-bit version.
- Fix Ubuntu 2 screen madness.
- Improve game launch on Linux.
- More AI options.
- A nag screen about feedback which then uploads to us: How fun is the game? What do you dislike the most about the game?
After a good portion of the above is done I would also like to make an effort to port the game to Android and perhaps iOS.