Children of Liberty has been submitted to the Independent Games Festival! Check out the changes included in the submitted build here.
Posted by dsilvers on Oct 19th, 2011
Fellow Patriots! Children of Liberty Alpha 0.2.1 has been submitted to the Independent Games Festival and now you too can check out our latest additions, including a brand new level (Warehouse) and the beginnings of our main menu.
As usual, there are a ton of bug fixes and improvements as well (we crunched a lot this weekend). These include:
- Adjustments to camera settings on specific zones.
- Multiple hanging/shimmying improvements: player now only hangs at hands, hold E to hang if you want to. Shimmying sounds now included.
- New pickup sound added to fireworks on Long Wharf.
- City built up further in background on Long Wharf.
- Warehouse level: huge area with lots of jumping puzzles. Will soon be expanded to include tutorials on stealth, action, and items, as well as jumping, hanging, and shimmying.
- Main menu: basic functionality so far, just enough to select between levels, but will eventually be much more robust with a further filled out background. Trying to keep it as small as possible, though, to keep initial loading times as slim as possible.
- Foreground fade when stealthing. Right now it triggers on/off due to shader limitations. Will be developing a custom shader for all sprites which will handle alpha much more cleanly.
Hope you all enjoy the update. We'll let you know when the game is featured on the IGF games list!