Build and Defend (or B&D) can be best described a Survival Strategic Multi-player Rogue-like Sandbox game. The game is mainly played at the 3th person (like Zelda 3). The main goal of the game is to build and organize a fortress in order to survive waves of monsters. To do so, and among other things, you will have to build ramparts, train soldiers, organize food production, resources gathering and crafting of tools. For the larger monsters, you will have to get an equipment and fight yourself. If you are brave enough, and to get the rarest resources, you will also have to explore dungeons, caves, and tombs. B&D can be played alone, cooperatively with several players on the same computer, or though internet. Several experimental mods are available, including a first person PvP, a creative mod, and the castle mod.
I am pleased to announce you the new version of Build&Defend. This new release solves several bugs and add a lot of new features such as the catapults, the crafting system and the sheep breeding.
Posted by Achoum on Sep 6th, 2012
I am pleased to announce you the new version of Build&Defend.
This new release solves several bugs and add a lot of new features such as the catapults, the crafting system and the sheep breeding.
The new features are:
- You can disable shaders (advances graphic effects).
- You don't hear the sound of the menu of other players.
- If a sound is emitted from far away, it will have a lower gain.
- New type of map: Cliffs.
- Addition of the sheep.
- Addition of the catapult.
- Addition of the crafting system.
- Addition of the "Take all" in the chest/barrels/catapults.
- Addition of the escape keyboard key to navigate in the menus.
- You can see archers and arrows through walls.
- New system to see through walls.
- Press the "View button" to display the half top of the world in transparent.
- Display of "Low heal" when your heal is low.
- Addition of "Eat several" action.
- Addition of the wood stick to control the sheep (hit the sheep with the stick to make them go where you want).
- Increase of the day/night duration.
- Set the selling tax to 30% (it was 10% before)
- Control of the navigation in the menu with the player controls
- Addition of a sound when walking in the tar
- Improvement of the network protocol (it should be less laggy when there are a lot a objects)
- Workers have more heal
- Addition of the Hell bats (Very dangerous bats that appears when a boss is alive for too long)
- Addition of the Sheep generator in the building mode
- Addition of the Worker generator in the building mode
- Addition of the Zombie Attractor in the building mode
- New Option to the server command line
--port [port number]
--servername [server name]
- Small modification of the online game browser
- Addition of new characters: Gus, Naked Gus and Lea
- Addition of the selection of the player the first time you start the game
- The dedicated server can talk/execute commands
- You can pick the items from your past life at your grave
- The price of the resurrection potion increases when you buy them
- You can't bring the camera under the bottom of the map
- You can apply filter to the scores in the ranking web page
- Fixed: Save of the sound effect volume.
- Fixed: "Lock time" when restarting a game.
- Fixed: Blobs (slims) at first night when restarting a game.
- Fixed: random bug with the job definition windows
- Fixed: Glass transparency
- Fixed: Movement of archers
- Fixed: You don't get the initial set of items when you are resurrected