Build and Defend (or B&D) can be best described a Survival Strategic Multi-player Rogue-like Sandbox game. The game is mainly played at the 3th person (like Zelda 3). The main goal of the game is to build and organize a fortress in order to survive waves of monsters. To do so, and among other things, you will have to build ramparts, train soldiers, organize food production, resources gathering and crafting of tools. For the larger monsters, you will have to get an equipment and fight yourself. If you are brave enough, and to get the rarest resources, you will also have to explore dungeons, caves, and tombs. B&D can be played alone, cooperatively with several players on the same computer, or though internet. Several experimental mods are available, including a first person PvP, a creative mod, and the castle mod.
This new release solves several bugs and add some new features.
Posted by Achoum on Jul 31st, 2012
This new release solves several bugs and add some new features:
- Command line for server without GUI
java -jar jar/buildanddefend_standalone.jar [options]
—port [port number]
java -jar jar/buildanddefend_standalone_obfuscated.jar —server building —user abc —pass def
- Disable the fullscreen in brower mode
- Wooden stairs —> stone stairs
- Reduce the power of guns
- Reduce the amount of gold that the monsters are dropping after a certain amount of day
- Reduce the speed’s increase of the heal of the monsters
- Increase the number of monsters.
- Fixed: Blinking of high lever monsters
- Improvement of monsters motion
- Optimization of water render
- Introduction of random world generation
- Addition of a new character: Quote from Cave Story (thanks to Azebu for drawing it).
- Fixing of website score sum/max consistency
- No crash when unbuilding a adamantium turret.
- Addition of the story submition system.
- Fixed: collision of the bullets with stairs
- The tax when re-selling an object is now 10% (it was 30%).