Brutal Nature 0.58 released with larger voxels and much higher performance.
Download Brutal Nature today for free and give it a try!
Want to learn how to mod Brutal Nature? Check out our Modding Tutorials. Brutal Nature automatically downloads any mods a client needs when they connect to your server so what are you waiting for? Mod Brutal Nature today!
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added description to all Cases and Case Dies.
- Added chunk cache system.
- Added 'take all' button to amount dialog menus.
- Added distance limit to cube editing mode.
- Added larger fonts to better support 4k resolution.
- Added helpful error message when trying to place material with none selected.
- Added shift click edit mode for cube mode.
- Added GetConfigInt/Bool/Float to gScript so scripts can now read the server.cfg file.
- Added translation system. You now should be able to install/remove mods, items, etc without corrupting saves.
- Changed voxels to be 2x size of previous versions.
- Changed voxel preview box to be slightly bigger so it does not flicker when on top of cube mode.
- Changed how voxels are meshed to help prevent some voxels turning into a super thin line that is near impossible to see.
- Changed Handles to be easier to cast in bulk and require 20% as much heat to cast and forge.
- Changed movement code. Climbing stairs now works much better.
- Changed voxel branch processing to spread out over multiple frames. Branch processing is abandoned after CPU time exceeds 10mS for the frame and continued on the next frame.
- Changed Money to be an item, so it can be dropped, put into chests and traded between players.
- Optimized chunk loading.
- Optimized chunk upload to the video card.
- Improved the descriptions for some items.
- Increased Material recovered per voxel by 100%
- Increased Endurance to mine voxels by 100%
- Increased amount of dirt and sand to make mud bricks.
- Increased frequency of Hematite deposits.
- Crafting recipes you can make any of now show up as orange.
- Reduced Wood Planks and Stone Brick terrain materials to mining level 2
- Sperrylite and Chalcopyrite moved to forest biome. Pyrite moved to beach biome.
- Fixed C and Shift+C to work for cubes.
- Fixed bug where some terrain vertices where not being used for collision.
- Fixed cubes not casting shadows.
- Fixed lighting to work again after voxel rescale.
- Fixed underground NPC spawning to work with the new voxel world.
- Fixed bugs relating to mining with the new voxel world.
- Fixed buttons being 16 pixels too wide on the right side.
- Fixed bug where a low viewing distance could cause all objects to not render.
- Fixed bug when replacing a larger cube with a smaller one.
- Fixed bug where hInstance was not being passed to window code.
- Fixed button hit zone.
- Fixed containers holding small quantities that appeared as 0.
- Fixed bug relating to quest audio being removed from audio validation list by quest end when it should have just been callbacks being cleared.
- Fixed bug when editing cubes on render chunk boarders.
- Fixed tutorial weapon select stage to respond to number hotkeys as well as mouse wheel.
4 months ago
Brutal Nature 0.57 released with new cube editing mode. Create highly detailed structures with our new cube editing feature!
7 months ago
Brutal Nature 0.56 released with Quest skip, Composite bow and better server GUI!
8 months ago
Brutal Nature 0.55 released with Binoculars, New avatar and rebalanced damage!
9 months ago
Brutal Nature 0.54 released with new modding tools, Bow with Explosive and rope arrows!