The on-going space voxel project by the six sibling studio, ZanMgt! A labor of love, Blockade Runner is an ever-evolving development that's currently over going a major engine overhaul (all made from scratch!) to provide a solid foundation for the game's bi-weekly builds. We've found the bi-weekly builds to be an enjoyable and healthy development cycle and are anxiously preparing the game for their return!
New in W28 is an improved redraw speed for damaged entities, optimized UI, full screen forced aspect, and two new blocks for full version users!
Posted by paindoc on Nov 1st, 2011
New in W28 is an improved redraw speed for damaged entities, an improved UI backend for upcoming features, a forced aspect ratio for fullscreen, and two new blocks for full version users -- plus a bunch of bug fixes!To update, use wyUpdate.exe in your Blockade Runner folder or download Blockade Runner from the download page.
If you use a resolution with an aspect ratio other than 1.777, there will now be black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. This helps a ton to make sure UI elements can stay in the same place regardless of the resolution.
In W23-W26 there was considerable lag when you fired lasers at entities. As long as you keep your sound effects set to "off" (there's some other issue going on with sounds right now), you should notice considerably less lag when firing at entities. There's still a bit of a slowdown due to the particle effects themselves, but atleast the damage from the entities is no longer an issue!
Preparing for new UI elements up ahead, the visor code has been reworked so that alpha will properly draw overtop of other interface items. The visor should also now appear 3D correctly for GeForce 7 users!
Supporters will notice two new blocks, "Stellar Moss" and "Plasma Conduits". Regretfully neither do much for now, but they're fun to play with!
- Added forced aspect ratio for fullscreen
- Improved items in interface now display transparently ontop of each other
- Improved damage to entities results in considerably less slowdown
- Fixed changing lighting settings resetting audio options
- Fixed audio settings are properly saved in .xml
- Fixed entities would display "perfect mass balance" and then switch back to "real"
- Fixed not having original entities in the entities folder would result in crash
- Fixed remote control options would appear outside of the tab menu
- Fixed sometimes weapons would fire backwards
- Fixed destroying last block in an entity would cause game to crash
- Fixed visor should appear in 3D for GeForce 7 users
- Fixed reset galaxy would move entities too close together
- Fixed could control remote while in menu
- Fixed Z axis (up/down) ships would only fire downwards
- Fixed very large ships wouldn't load
Run wyupdate.exe in the Blockade Runner folder.
Simply delete the Blockade Runner folder.
After purchasing Blockade Runner, use the username and password you used to register to unlock the game! Please let us know if you encounter any problems with the online activation!
Please visit the troubleshooting thread and make a post there if you can't find an answer to your question.
Blockade Runner supporters have the privilege to vote on new features for the game. Visit the forum here to vote!
Music "Nibiru Rising" provided by Samuel "SMH" Huse. Listen to his other works here!