So got some news for you all noble watchers of our little game that could, we've gotten an official website for the project, complete with full developers logs, archives of previous news posts and lots of media and movies. Albeit still a work in progress, the boards are more than functional, so please feel free to leave us your opinions and comments there as well. The website is as follows...
We've taken great care to have those up for ongoing discussions as well as any sort of feedback that you have. The dev logs are particularly amusing, as you can get a glimpse into the inner workings of the Ninja Workshop. This launch is also in conjunction with...
Berimbau's Intenal Alpha Launch
Thanks to some creative coding/file moving and plenty of help from our team and its consultants, we've succeeded in establishing our first Alpha test servers. I'll be setting up hosting of the actual install files this week and we'll be able to get all our alpha testers rolling so we can get some feedback from fresh players and new perspectives. This of course requires plenty of alpha testers, and the positions are still open, as we'd want players to be on there almost constantly, giving us bug reports, screenshots, and feedback on the forums and via email. So if you're interested, shoot us an email and we can get you the game files and into the duels. The contact info for becoming an Alpha tester is listed below, and you can contact any of the team via Moddb or email: TeamBerimbau at Gmail Dot Com.
Here's a rehash of the newest screenshots that are listed above, complete with new particle effects and random taunting.
Positions Still Open:
The following positions are available. While we do look for people with particular skills, a mix of many skills is even more valued than one niche. We definitely want people who are multi-talented. New listings are listed in red.
- Alpha Tester. Responsible for helping in testing out early builds of the game and taking down notes and recordings of gameplay or experience in game in order to help with balancing and connectivity issues.
- The alpha testers will work closely with the development team in finding bugs and issues in game. Once the Alpha version is issued, several playtests will be scheduled, however unscheduled playtests are encouraged to be arrange between the alpha tester community.
- Prop Modeler. Responsible for designing environment details that go with our maps. Must have some experience building game maps with Hammer. Must know either 3D Studio Max or Maya, and have some prior game engine model export experience.
- You'll have the opportunity of modeling the world if Berimbau, its locales, props and details. Ancient statues, cobbled roads, fountains are part of this game.
- Texture Artist. Responsible for designing the look and feel for surfaces of all types in the game. Must be able to sketch out rough ideas and communicate these effectively with our lead charcter artists.
- The texture artist will work on both character models and prop models (with UV maps completed) and will work on environment textures for maps.
- Programmer. Must have experience in C++ and the Source SDK engine, knows how to author entities and edit network prediction code. Responsible for editing game rules, modifying combat, animation behavior, and author particle effects.
- You'll have the chance to play an integral role in deciding the combat mechanics of the game, how sword attacks are handled, special attacks, combos, etc.
- Sound Designer. Responsible for creating sounds of sword swings, blade hits, and other combat sounds. Also responsible for authoring ambient sound effects.
The people we look for should also bring some fresh ideas to the table. We definitely don't want to be slave drivers, telling you to make our mod for us. If you have an interesting idea to contribute to Berimbau, you'll be free to present it to the team where we make decisions as a group. The people have their ideas implemented the most often are the ones who are also able to do that themselves, so if you are both skilled and have many new ideas, here's your chance to try them out.
When you apply be ready to show work, portfolio, or examples of what you can do. A CV would also be required.