About Edain Mod with
by FG15 on Jun 26th, 2015
Edain 4.1 Demo Released
Khazâd ai-mênu, Companions of Edain!
Today, Patch 4.1 for the Demo of Version 4.0 has been published. You can download it directly with the launcher, just use the update function.
Click on the banner to download the Demo:
If you have any problems, as usual, visit our Support-Forum!
This update adds the Dwarves as a new playable faction. Build an impressive dwarven bastion, go into battle with Erebor, the Iron Hills or Ered Luin, and ally with the Men of Dale and Lake-town. Nearly all units got new abilities and at the head legendary heroes as Gimli, Thorin Oakenshield or Dain Ironfoot are fighting. Additionally, we eliminated many errors and improved and further developed the gameplay of Version 4.0. In particular, the War of the Ring has been continuously improved, so that the AI does not surrender easily and is able to use outposts and new buildings much more reliable.
Furthermore, the patch contains the following changes:
- The system of Fearlessness has been reworked. Banner carriers offer no longer resistance to fear for nearby troops. Instead, it is implemented through the following systems:
- *The Captains of Gondor, who are promoted by Denethor (Gondor)
- Aragorn's leadership at level 10 (Gondor)
- Captains of Rohan have a passive ability (Elfhelm, Grimbold and Erkenbrand) (Rohan)
- The leadership of the Drummer Troll (Mordor)
- As a passive ability of the Isengard Captains (Isengard)
- The leadership of the Banner Carrier on the Battlewagon (Dwarves)
- Mordor-Orcs got an unique active ability, when they are commanded by an Overseer. The basic idea was that the overseers of Mordor replace the function of upgrades, so that they increase the effectiveness of Orcs against special targets:
- Mordor Fighters: The orcs deal double damage against other infantry, but get -25% armor for 30 seconds.
- Mordor Archers: The archers deal double damage against other archer, but get -25% armor for 30 seconds.
- Mordor Pikes: The pikes deal double damage against cavalry and monsters, but get -25% armor for 30 seconds.
- Many designs and elements of the Hobbit movies have been included, for example Dain Ironfoot, Thorin Oakenshield, Dwalin, King Brand or the Men of Lake-town:
Further information have been presented in our updates:
Also there are many balance changes:
- Cost of Isegard Lumbermills has been increased to 200
- Built-cost reduction of Lumbermills has been decreased to-10%, -20%, -30%
- Saruman's Lightning on the Wizard Tower has been weakened
- Cost of Steelworks has been increased to 3500
- Cavalry does 20% more crush damage and additional 15% against archers, but is slowed down 25% more when crushing enemies
- Lances deal 20% less damage when crushed
- A bug caused that Gondor Spearmen dealt doubled damage when being crushed. This has been fixed
- ,,Gandalf the White" increases Gandalf's magic damage by +50%
- All heroes got +1000 health points
- Heroes level 25% slower
- Heroes got +30% armor against arrows, but -30% against other heroes
- Monsters and single units are 25% more vulnerable against heroes
- Flying units are 30% less vulnerable against arrows
- Cost of Hero Statues has been decreased to 100
- Cost of Wells has been decreased to 200
- Defense Towers and other buildings with defenses deal 50% more damage
- All trolls deal 25% less damage against buildings
- Cost of the two normal Nazgûls to 1100
- Cost of Gothmog to 1300
- The damage bonus of Gothmog's ,,Storming of the City" is decreased to +60%
- Faramir's melee damage is reduced by 10%
- Shield Uruks: Health points reduced by 25%
- Castellans: Health points reduced by 10%
- Lindon-Guardians deal much less damage
- Damage of the Mine of Isengards Spellbook has been reduced by 30%
- Draft costs again 2 points
- Peasants and Farmhands are trained 20% slower
- Theoden's Traitor-ability had a massive bug: The ability was intended to convert only one troop of peasants into traitor, but if the player had many troops at the same place, all of them were affected. Therefore, the player was able to have much more traitors than he was supposed to have. Sadly, this bug can't be fixed, so that we had to rework the effect of the ability: The ability got a radius cursor and converts all the peasants in the area to traitors, but the traitors stay on the battlefield only for tree minutes. So, the player can decide how many traitors he wants, but he has to measure the risk that he will loose them after three minutes, against the fact that he gets strong infantry for that time. Now the traitors represent our idea that the player may early get strong troops, but not without some risks.
We hope you will enjoy playing!