Version 0.0.20 of "Apocalypse Not" was released this afternoon, and contains several bug fixes and content additions. The game is currently available at the official website but will soon be available for download on ModDB as well. You can also view the latest video from the ModDB website here.
This release included a new weapon, the AK47 rifle which is slower than the M4 but does boast slightly increased damage. The Police Station was also made fully functional, it contains an armory and evidence locker with a few weapons. Also, you will find more survivors and zombies in this building than any of the others. There is a high risk for occupying the Police Station but many rewards as well.
While progress is continuing on the game, I would like to make it go a lot faster so check back this week for more info on our Kickstarter. We've passed the set-up phase and are currently just awaiting final approval before we can begin taking donations. Currently the rewards for donating involve early access to the Beta, as well as a full copy of the game upon its final release.
In addition to all this news, starting next week a MAC version of the game will also be released.
The following is a full list of features and bug fixes included in this latest release for both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
· Police Station
· Bullet decals from weapons
· Headbob while moving
· Increased performance
· Improved weapon code
· Made Zombies more vicious
· Glass will no longer sometimes spawn sideways
· All doors that would spin wildly have been fixed
· Not having a melee weapon will not cause pistol or rifle to not show ammo count
· Can now open glass doors by using the glass or the frame
· Fixed detection range from zombies always counting the player as running
· Zombies no longer get confused and pause
And just for good measure here are a few pictures of the police station and AK.