ACHTUNG PANZER: Kharkov 1943 is a ground-breaking war game uniquely dedicated to the last great German victory in the east. Our carefully researched archival military records put you on that battlefield. Opposing commanders control battalion and near-brigade strength battle groups locked in a fight to the death. ACHTUNG PANZER: Kharkov 1943 in-game god-mode camera gives you the ability to zoom into close quarter combat action and observe individual unit combat result battle detail. The enemy is relentless. "Hold what you've got!" There will be no retreat. There will be no surrender.
Commanders may choose from two separate campaigns fought in the pivotal Kharkov sector of operations.
Campaign one: Soviet Army operations of February 1943.
Campaign two: Heer Wehrmacht operations of early March 1943.
In addition, commanders may explore a number of training missions. The game is solidly rooted in the proven Graviteam engine. ACHTUNG PANZER: Kharkov 1943 throws you headfirst into the Eastern Front gristmill where Iron Crosses grow and Heroes of the Soviet Union fight.
You will be totally immersed in graphic, bloody World War Two battles. Combat infantrymen, tanks & crewmembers have been accurately recreated and rendered in painstaking historical detail, including injury and battle damage. As you relive these historical battles, you will command combined arms forces on a large battlefield while engaging in pitched battle. Life, death, victory, or the shame of defeat hangs by the slender thread of your every decision. The battles for Kharkov in early 1943 altered Soviet and Wehrmacht tactics forever. You will become part of those swirling eventful days of trial by combat judgment.
The year is 1943. The Wehrmacht has begun Operation Hawk in an attempt to capture Kharkov with
its steel claws. The SS Division Totenkopf has moved forward to crush the Soviet tank forces, but the
Red Army has held the line, digging in and putting up a fierce resistance. In response, German tank
armies have renewed their offensive with Operation Panther, and Soviet tank crews are now finding
themselves severely outnumbered.
Want to step into the role of a commander in the very heart of Kharkov’s defense? You'll have
everything the officers had back then: tanks, guns, and fearless soldiers. The success of each opposing
force hangs in the balance every day. Your decisions will determine who wins the Battle of Kharkov.
• High replayability and flexible AI: “smart” AI analyzes the players’ tactical movements and chooses
the best strategy based on behavior rather than a script. Scenarios can be replayed using different
tactics, as though playing against a human opponent
• Painstaking reconstruction of Kharko in scope and size
• Detailed recreation of weapons, artillery, and vehicles: all battle characteristics, including missile
trajectories and crew numbers, have been modelled according to archived military records and WW2
• Dynamic day, night and weather effects, all of which affect combat through terrain traversability,
battlefield visibility, hidden force capabilities, and more
• Destructible environment: nearly everything can be blasted and destroyed, from ground terrain to
houses and enemy defenses. All traces of previous battles (shell holes, broken vehicles, corpses, etc.)
remain on the battlefield
• Realistic ballistics: bullets and projectiles follow accurate trajectories. Proper shot longitude,
number of frags, and their range are calculated
• Comprehensive vehicle damage system: engine, suspension, weapons, and aiming mechanisms can
all be damaged separately, affecting the combat capabilities of the vehicle
• Real soldier behavior: every soldier has several basic parameters, such as experience level, fatigue,
and morale, which affect their behavior and effectiveness
• Military encyclopedia with 3D model viewer and detailed data on all units, describing their
historical and in-game characteristics
• 6 scenarios taking place in 1943 during the operation to defend Kharkov
• 2 playable opposing forces: the USSR Red Army and German Wehrmacht
• Up to 250 soldiers and officers and up to 40 vehicles in each tactical battle
• Detailed global map: 36 square kilometers in size
• 87 unit types: infantry, artillery, support vehicles, battle tanks, and aviation
• More than 40 accurately and carefully reconstructed weapons and vehicles
• 2 control modes: turn-based strategic mode and real-time tactical mode.
Enjoy Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 and many other great games on Desura.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.