The latest release of 8BitMMO adds several cool new features. Read on to see what's new!
Posted by Sim9 on Jul 25th, 2011
Alright, the S5 release is done! Here's the big new features:
- Grief protection - now you can only pick up items that belong to you (or have no owner). You also can not build in the same tile as someone else.
- Roads - travel 2x as fast
- Signs - Press E to read. Type /signwhile next to a sign to set the message.
- Doors - Press E to open. Comes in two varieties, yellow handle doors that allow everyone entry, and red handled doors that only admit the owner.
- IRC integration - you can idle in irc.editingarchive.com #8bit and chat back and forth between players in-game
- Password reset via e-mail (only if you registered with an e-mail address)
- Right sidebar displays latest news & relevant links
- Facebook / twitter feeds set up
- New, faster world renderer
- Gold can be picked up and is now correctly added to money instead of going into inventory
- Lots of misc bug fixes & performance improvements
- Sometimes on death, you get stuck on a black screen. Just say /home to fix.
- Lighting doesn't recalculate when the world changes
- Signs in some tiles are hard to read (for now, just place in another tile next to it)
- In-world text (text shown over players & npcs) looks like butt. :P
- There's an occasional server crash I haven't tracked down yet
Please give it a go and let me know your thoughts!