Alright, the S5 release is done! Here's the big new features:
- Grief protection - now you can only pick up items that belong to you (or have no owner). You also can not build in the same tile as someone else.
- Roads - travel 2x as fast
- Signs - Press E to read. Type /signwhile next to a sign to set the message.
- Doors - Press E to open. Comes in two varieties, yellow handle doors that allow everyone entry, and red handled doors that only admit the owner.
- IRC integration - you can idle in irc.editingarchive.com #8bit and chat back and forth between players in-game
- Password reset via e-mail (only if you registered with an e-mail address)
- Right sidebar displays latest news & relevant links
- Facebook / twitter feeds set up
- New, faster world renderer
- Gold can be picked up and is now correctly added to money instead of going into inventory
- Lots of misc bug fixes & performance improvements
- Sometimes on death, you get stuck on a black screen. Just say /home to fix.
- Lighting doesn't recalculate when the world changes
- Signs in some tiles are hard to read (for now, just place in another tile next to it)
- In-world text (text shown over players & npcs) looks like butt. :P
- There's an occasional server crash I haven't tracked down yet
Please give it a go and let me know your thoughts!