3DBE is a game around engineering and constructing. Creating ingenious architecture and mechanics in a physicalized world by combining materials like beams, ropes, interactive hydraulics and street segments. Construct one of the endless possible constructions and make them move, maybe through a selfmade world or space created in the leveleditor. In a mission campaign you will have to drive a truck over the bridges just made before. Bridges in the meaning to connect one point to another. This could be a bow bridge over a river, a crane to lift the truck up a mountain, a cable car to bridge a canyon or whatever is possible to realise with a limited amount of credits. So its important to build wise to get stability, -otherwise you could see an impressive collapse of the construction. To make that possible, you get an easy of access and strong 3D editor.
Following is a list of the coming key features of 3DBE
Posted by .Robert on Sep 26th, 2012
- endless possible constructions made in a simple 3d Editor using and combining the materials: beams, ropes, streetsegments and hydraulics.
- changeable color for every single object you build.
- adjustable strength of the ropes and beams in 5 steps. Shown optically by the diameter.
- many helpers for a better orientation in 3d space.
- place structure anywhere in space (until now the structurebuilding was limited to a given space)
- a tool to extrude selected beams. Means i.e you can draw a rectangle of beams and extrude them to a lattice cube, to fasten the building.
- a copy and paste tool to save time when you just need a copy of an existing structure.
- a Leveleditor to build terrain, environment and objects. The Leveleditor is fully combatible with the included campaignlevels. Means you can change or expand the given levels and save them.
- load save and sharing of the levels and constructions. Possibilty to export to future programms.
- driving of a truck over the bridges by the player to complete the mission tasks.
- adjustable gravity in the testmode.
- a stress display, showing the physicalforce acting to the different parts of a structure.
- edit color, strength and destroy structure inside the testmode.
- easy modding of the most important game parameters and graphics.
- 30 Levels pretty different levels in the finished game. 8-10 in the first Alpha.
- Mouseover help for every function and an Introduction.