Forum Thread
by member
Witcher 2: Alternate Ending Contest (Forums : Contests : Witcher 2: Alternate Ending Contest) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
May 19 2011, 1:05pm Anchor
INtense! wrote:Hey guys, happy to answer any question you may have about the judging. In the end the decision was fairly unanimous with the Sony entry the clear winner. It was relevant, well made, clever, a little edgy and even funny.

Thanks for your answer,I agree its the best image, but doesn't answer my question why did 2 of the 3 winners (including nr 1) and 3 of the 4 runners up who didn't follow the rules as stated in: Moddb.com end up as winners ?

See my chart Moddb.com for the facts.

Edited by: Duruk

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
May 19 2011, 1:09pm Anchor

They're not winners. All they got was a "thank you for trying but you lost" message for everyone to see.

--

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 19 2011, 1:56pm Anchor

hmmmm.....o_0

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

May 19 2011, 2:38pm Anchor

Who knows maybe they will get a free copy of The Witcher 2. Would be a great consolation prize.

By the way did anyone like my stab at the Clinton sex scandal?

May 19 2011, 3:41pm Anchor

Sorry but I still don't see how this explains the complete ignorance of the rules by the judges. I have to agree completely with Duruk on this.

May 19 2011, 4:34pm Anchor

If I would have considered the PSN debacle as a historical event, I would have done it like this.

Moddb.com

May 19 2011, 5:14pm Anchor

I still prefer the winners image over that one, it was well photoshoped, decent humor and historical. Even though it did not have a caption.

I agree on the follow the rules exactly, they did kind of go off the rules in the judjing, I think we would have got a lot more non historical images that were very funny if everyone went of the rules.

I was a bit suprised if I say so myself that my HOPE poster didn't get in anywhere, it was a take on a historical event, and also tied in with the words HOPE in the Witcher 2. You would probably laugh at it too, I know I did when I made it.

Can you please explain the judging as to why the judging was not exactly followed by the rules of the competition.

Cheers,

May 19 2011, 5:31pm Anchor

I knew the PSN one would win as soon as it was uploaded :)
I am rather surprised with the runners up though.
Congratulations to all of you :)

May 19 2011, 5:46pm Anchor

Well you know what they say, opinions are like assholes and some of them stink. BUT.....Some like the smell of others' assholes and so the opinion of the judges is infallible. Nuff said. And I thought the PSN winner was boring, but then again, that's just my asshole....er....I mean opinion. Well photoshopped.....pfft. (humor there, since humor must be defined legally according to MODDB standards, but SHHHHHH, I didn't say that.)

Edited by: vormaen

May 19 2011, 6:52pm Anchor
vormaen wrote:Well you know what they say, opinions are like assholes and some of them stink. BUT.....Some like the smell of others' assholes and so the opinion of the judges is infallible. Nuff said. And I thought the PSN winner was boring, but then again, that's just my asshole....er....I mean opinion. Well photoshopped.....pfft. (humor there, since humor must be defined legally according to MODDB standards, but SHHHHHH, I didn't say that.)

Stop complaining. You didnt win and that's that.

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
May 19 2011, 7:53pm Anchor
vormaen wrote:Well you know what they say, opinions are like assholes and some of them stink.

That is a terrible comparison and you should feel bad

--

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
May 19 2011, 10:33pm Anchor
Duruk wrote:Thanks for your answer,I agree its the best image, but doesn't answer my question why did 2 of the 3 winners (including nr 1) and 3 of the 4 runners up who didn't follow the rules as stated in: Moddb.com end up as winners ?

See my chart Moddb.com for the facts.

The title of the competition was "alternate endings" but it was just the theme since practically any entry could be considered an ending of sorts, where Geralt or Triss appears. If we enforced that to the letter then only a handful of entries would qualify 100%.

The description also was just bonus points, for people who put in extra effort. In this case it was disappointing the winners entry didn't feature a description though we felt the picture explained it better than words could, with the thumbdrives in the picture a really nice touch. Description was more important for some of the other moments in history, where there context was not necessarily known.

We know not everyone will agree with us! if there are any particular entries you want us to comment on, please post them here.

--

Scott Reismanis
DBolical | @scottreismanis

May 20 2011, 1:31am Anchor

"(humor there, since humor must be defined legally according to MODDB standards, but SHHHHHH, I didn't say that.) "

You guys are missing that ONE line. And if you followed the logic of the little sentence puzzle I set up, you would have seen I was agreeing with not only you but the Devs as well. That what one person finds funny another may not. Where I find dirty potty mouth humor another may not. But you feel the need to continue to lash out at me. Whatever. I was having a shitty day and this contest just compounded it. Jealous, yeah, a bit. Upset, sure. I didn't want the laptop. I was looking for the "Hey man, great work, looks like you put a lot of thought into it." Just to try to make my day a little better. So hey, it's 12 in the morning.....Happy Birthday to me. Have fun guys. Jump into the Black Mesa, they sure could us the flare.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.