Forum Thread
by member
Witcher 2: Alternate Ending Contest (Forums : Contests : Witcher 2: Alternate Ending Contest) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dwarden
Dwarden Major minion of Bohemia Interactive empire
May 18 2011, 7:27pm Anchor

there are some nice (better than mine) contenders so i hope one of them gets it ...

--

Ideas are like ocean w/o borders ...

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
May 18 2011, 11:08pm Anchor

Sorry on the wait guys its a bit of red tape atm, hopefully in a few hours you will know who is dawinrar.

--

May 18 2011, 11:47pm Anchor
Henley wrote:Sorry on the wait guys its a bit of red tape atm, hopefully in a few hours you will know who is dawinrar.

Thanks for letting us know :)

May 19 2011, 12:47am Anchor
Henley wrote:Sorry on the wait guys its a bit of red tape atm, hopefully in a few hours you will know who is dawinrar.

You know, it's quite nice to see that an official moddb dude is into memes :)

Henley
May 19 2011, 2:17am Anchor

Ok its up Moddb.com congrats to everyone who entered it was a blast of a comp!

ChrissRaven wrote:

You know, it's quite nice to see that an official moddb dude is into memes :)

nope.jpg

--

May 19 2011, 2:41am Anchor

Interesting choices for winners, hell I never expected anyone to like the bomber one I made.
I guess the funniest pictures won out in the end, sad that the alt. endings themselves didn't have a greater role in deciding the winner.
Awesome competition moddb, here's hopping for many more like this one as time goes on!

May 19 2011, 3:27am Anchor

Dam, Thought my HOPE poster woulda made it in to some placement. The PSN one deserves it and all, bit unsure about the others. Oh Well Congratz winner.

Henley
May 19 2011, 3:41am Anchor

The CD Projekt RED guys all decided based on a few things, is it related to a moment in the past that people will know about, the originality, care and presentation, if it involves another game. After all that has been filtered out it was based on personal preference which judges picked the top three then tallied up along with the ModDB staff selections. The one with the most votes was the winner the rest counted down and the runners up were the ones that got voted in but not enough to place.

Hope that explaines it all. Each judge had a difference preference.

--

May 19 2011, 5:07am Anchor

I just saw the winners and I have to admit I'm less than thrilled with some.
The 2nd place is far from being a historic moment and let's be honest, it's not exactly great photomanipulation work either. Some of the comics that were submitted were absolutely awesome and none got a place, wtf? The Honecker/Geralt picture was great too.
All in all I kinda don't see the historicness in some of the winners. Why make rules if abiding by them is unnecessary?

May 19 2011, 6:09am Anchor
SchroedingersCat wrote:I just saw the winners and I have to admit I'm less than thrilled with some.
The 2nd place is far from being a historic moment and let's be honest, it's not exactly great photomanipulation work either. Some of the comics that were submitted were absolutely awesome and none got a place, wtf? The Honecker/Geralt picture was great too.
All in all I kinda don't see the historicness in some of the winners. Why make rules if abiding by them is unnecessary?

Also the alternate endings themselves were not taken into account, just how funny the pictures were to some of the judges... -_-

May 19 2011, 6:13am Anchor

I agree as well ^^ Though the PSN Hacking was historical for all gamers / modders etc and it deserved its placement. Definitively Disagree with the 2nd and 3rd though. Rules with the history was a bit silly. That Charlie video is not historical at all, its just a funny video. People will not remember it in 10 years.

Not being a sore loser or anything like that, just voicing my opinion on the winners / runners up etc.

Edited by: AaronLewis

May 19 2011, 8:02am Anchor
from wrote:The story of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (preorder now) follows Geralt of Rivia through a thoroughly engrossing, mature storyline eventually landing on one of sixteen potential endings. We would like you to choose your own ending featuring Geralt and/or Triss and illustrate it, photoshop it or even draw in crayons, but it must involve a famous moment in history.

source: Moddb.com

I was focusing to much on abiding the rules perhaps a bit too much. Most of my entries where based on a Witcher 2 ending and also a famous moment in history. I didn't read in the rules that it just had to be a funny picture. Almost none of the winners are about an ending for Geralt or Triss even though it was clearly stated in the discription that you had to create your own ending for Geralt or Triss.
The contest was called " Witcher 2: Alternate Ending Contest" the winners were not about an ending.
So please next time make the rules a bit clearer or not choose an image which wasn't against the rules.

Sorry for my rant. But Indeed the winner the psn hack was the best image, even though it didn't follow the rules by the letter.

edit:
Oh 1 last thing:

from wrote:All entrants agree to abide by the following rules: You must submit your entry to the competition gallery WITH A DESCRIPTION OF YOUR IDEA

source: Moddb.com

Oh lol just noticed that the winner didn't have a description of his idea added. Sorry for nitpicking

Edited by: Duruk

May 19 2011, 8:11am Anchor

I am utterly disappointed and thoroughly untrusting of the decision. Guidelines are guidelines, and they were followed by Most to the letter. So what I see wins utterly shocks and kills me. NO comedic timing, cute, but not what ANY of us were expecting. There were a LOT of submissions that I felt threatened by, but none of these were it. Sorry, don't mean to offend the winners or runners up, but this contest was not what I was expecting. Jealous that I didn't win, naw, pissed that there were some hilarious and proper submissions made that didn't even get mentioned. What did they say, well incorporated and with a sense of humor. Now I had tons of people visit the site and view the submissions, and they had their picks and they made more sense on winners then what the judges picked. Guess if we wanted a more detailed request on how these were chosen we'd get a fuck off or something. I really don't know what the fuck happened.

Edited by: vormaen

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
May 19 2011, 9:22am Anchor
vormaen wrote: Sorry, don't mean to offend the winners or runners up, but this contest was not what I was expecting. Jealous that I didn't win, naw, pissed that there were some hilarious and proper submissions made that didn't even get mentioned. What did they say, well incorporated and with a sense of humor. Now I had tons of people visit the site and view the submissions, and they had their picks and they made more sense on winners then what the judges picked. Guess if we wanted a more detailed request on how these were chosen we'd get a fuck off or something. I really don't know what the fuck happened.

I don't want to sound like a cunt but you seem to be rather annoyed by the fact that none of your entries managed to get any attention from the judges.
The pictures you made were quite funny and well made, but you lost. There's nothing you can do about it, the best you can do is write a really angry letter to the judges but that's it. The other places didn't get anything.

Edited by: macacos2

--

May 19 2011, 9:38am Anchor

Nope I just know there were funnier and better pictures done by the entire crew of MODDB followers. And yup, you came of sounding like a cunt. I said what I had to say, live with it.

It takes a real idiot to not see something was really odd with the whole contest, there was a Comic featuring Hitler that was much funnier that the pic of Geralt jumping at Hitler. How is that funnier? Explain the logic or frell off.

Personally if I would have chosen I really liked the hand drawn (or tablet drawn) works, or the Soccer impale, they really were hard worked and deserving. And most importantly FUNNY.

macacos2
May 19 2011, 10:04am Anchor
vormaen wrote:there was a Comic featuring Hitler that was much funnier that the pic of Geralt jumping at Hitler. How is that funnier? Explain the logic or frell off.

Wether it being funny or not is a matter of opinion. The judges liked it in comparison; you did not.
It's their contest. You're just one of the contestants. You should feel lucky they let you submit so many entries, thus increasing your chances to win (which you did not).

--

May 19 2011, 10:11am Anchor

"Oh yes, dear masters THANK YOU for letting little oh me submit so many submissions, I am SO not worthy!"

I have done many other contests, won some lost some, but still had complete faith in the judging. IN FACT, I did not need the laptop, I won a laptop a couple of years ago on 1up.com. So quit being such a bitch cause I have an opinion. There were so many more deserving people who put their hearts and souls into this and if I believe they did not get their chance to shine that's my frelling right. I feel explanations are in order for those that didn't even get honorable mentions, when for the most part the people that did get recognition didn't even follow the rules. By far a bigger travesty then the Black Mesa forum rants.

macacos2
May 19 2011, 10:16am Anchor
vormaen wrote: So quit being such a bitch cause I have an opinion

You're the only one complaining about opinions here (on this case the judge's picks). Go take a walk on the park and chill out.

Edited by: macacos2

--

May 19 2011, 10:17am Anchor

Oh I am? Open your eyes.

At least if I am going to get beat, let it be by those that really bust their ass. That's right Bucacci Macoco whatever, I am a definitive AB on the bell curve.

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 19 2011, 10:58am Anchor

tell me
is it just me or you guys too feel like crack opening the skull of judges
to see what they found so worthy in those pics

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

May 19 2011, 11:04am Anchor

Nope. But what I would like to see is the winners giving their opinions on what they would have voted for, that would be cool.

May 19 2011, 12:16pm Anchor

Edit:
I certainly do not mind that Im not amongst the winners/runners up, I have seen some great entrys with alternative funny endings taken place in famous parts of history , but what I do mind is that 2 of the 3 winners and 3 of the 4 runners up didn't follow the rules and are still called winners ?? Awarding people who didn't follow the rules...... well yes thats very very strange.

Edited by: Duruk

May 19 2011, 12:31pm Anchor

Sorry, just not a good day today. Day before my birthday and work sucks and I really do not understand the contest. I need a cigarette.

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
May 19 2011, 12:53pm Anchor

Hey guys, happy to answer any question you may have about the judging. In the end the decision was fairly unanimous with the Sony entry the clear winner. It was relevant, well made, clever, a little edgy and even funny.

Having said that there were plenty of other entries which we quite enjoyed, be them humorous or great moments in history with geralt's involvement well thought out. We weren't sure whether to show a shortlist of entries in the news post or just showcase the one winner, but we decided to feature a mix of some of the submissions we enjoyed. There were honestly 50+ entries which made our list so judging was tough, shame we don't have more prizes but cannot thank everyone enough for their involvement and hope you had as much fun doing this as we did judging.

--

Scott Reismanis
DBolical | @scottreismanis

May 19 2011, 12:58pm Anchor

Thanks Scott.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.