Forum Thread
by member
Witcher 2: Alternate Ending Contest (Forums : Contests : Witcher 2: Alternate Ending Contest) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
May 12 2011, 4:53pm Anchor
mishant wrote:I Just cant understand WHAT PROBLEM "ChrissRaven" has with that ???

There are rules in place and I wanted to know if that abides by them, because from my eyes it doesn't. My problem is that it's utilising someone else's work when it's stated that you can not do that. And I do know that we are all utilising the work of photographers and painters, but you know what I mean.

I'm not afraid of loosing, I just want to know if this is allowed, which is why I phrased my post as a question, nothing personal.
This contest is a great place to get some laughs and nod at some inappropriate humor here and there, all I wanted was to know whether or not using other people's work is OK.

P.S. If you are using Photoshop, use the eraser tool to delete thick white/black outlines around elements, to give them a more natural look and feel, or alternatively use the blur tool to blur them down, whatever you prefer.

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 12 2011, 4:58pm Anchor

Judges are not some noobs or fools lets remember that.......
You do need to police around in this contest.... There are others for that very purpose
btw thanks to u ........ Now i actually read the 'Rules' page nicely !

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

May 12 2011, 5:21pm Anchor

ARRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Do I sense some hostility? Come on, have some fun with this........I am! What do you think of my bowling one?

May 12 2011, 5:25pm Anchor
vormaen wrote:ARRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Do I sense some hostility? Come on, have some fun with this........I am! What do you think of my bowling one?

The king... all I have to say.
And I quite liked the bowling one, kind of offensive, but I still like it!

May 12 2011, 5:58pm Anchor

@ChrissRaven
Who is the king? Sorry if you're referring to an image but everyone normally addresses me as The king, so are you speaking of me? You didn't answer last time.

May 12 2011, 6:14pm Anchor
TheKingofTheGuild wrote:@ChrissRaven
Who is the king? Sorry if you're referring to an image but everyone normally addresses me as The king, so are you speaking of me? You didn't answer last time.

Nein mein Keiser, I was referring to Geralt.

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
May 12 2011, 6:21pm Anchor

Hit the road, Chriss

--

May 12 2011, 6:29pm Anchor

Okay. I'm getting the Hell out of here before this topic turns into a flame war!

*Gets The Hell Out of here and flip jumps over the countless bodies that are the victims of flame wars.*

May 12 2011, 7:07pm Anchor
macacos2 wrote:Hit the road, Chriss

Aye, aye capn'

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 12 2011, 7:36pm Anchor

0_o

can some 1 tell me if description (i mean Alternate storyline ) is as important as Photos ???

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

razorb
razorb Indie Dev
May 12 2011, 8:02pm Anchor

Managed to paint something up! i have submitted it also, but here it is ;o

User Posted Image
and the supporting text
Here I have replaced John Dillinger with Geralt in his most financially successful heist to date!
"Central National Bank And Trust Co., Greencastle, Indiana, of $74,000 on October 23, 1933"

May 12 2011, 9:27pm Anchor

GREAT SUBMISSION!!! I would do another, with a really warped sense of humor. Google funny history and see what comes up, that's what I've been doing. I would love to paint up a submission, but I do not trust my hands and failed to buy a tablet, so............

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 13 2011, 7:35am Anchor

here Are the Best ones i made today :)

Tinyurl.com

Tinyurl.com

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

May 13 2011, 10:24am Anchor

Geralt was on his way to kick some ass when all of a sudden, he discovers that everything is a simulation.
Since he doesn't give a damn about simulations, he put sunglasses and keeps walking.

User Posted Image
Uppix.net

Edited by: Dark_Fread

May 13 2011, 11:35am Anchor

May I present....Oops...I did it again.

Moddb.com

Do not forget to click see original to get a clear idea what Hitler is saying. Might need a german translator...

Edited by: vormaen

razorb
razorb Indie Dev
May 13 2011, 1:29pm Anchor

thanks vormarn, yea i wanted to try something a lil more serious looking instead of comedy as i couldnt really find one that wasnt hehe.. we will see tho.. if i do another.

ur link doesnt work for me ;O

May 13 2011, 1:54pm Anchor

Sorry I changed the title because people were getting confused that it was some brittany spears reference.

Try it again I edited the post.

By the way, are you using a tablet to do you designs? I still cannot afford to buy one, I would have a much easier time doing my actual digital art.

Edited by: vormaen

May 13 2011, 5:53pm Anchor

I really should get Photoshop, since I'm doing them all with paint.net atm. Im learning alot from the experience and I'm enjoying it, but there are things that Paint.net can't do.

Here are my entries so far:

Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com
Moddb.com

Edited by: Duruk

May 13 2011, 6:06pm Anchor

I am using GIMP. Freeware and open source if I believe, so anyone can use it, and learning isn't that bad. Once you have layers down it's all downhill and smooth as a baby's ass.

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
May 13 2011, 6:20pm Anchor
vormaen wrote: downhill and smooth as a baby's ass.

Uhmmm

--

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 14 2011, 7:50am Anchor

i use Gimp too
and 'irfan view' (a freeware )
but i also have photoshop though i use it very less

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

May 15 2011, 12:11am Anchor

Made this in a few minutes, I guess you could say it needs to be refined.

Moddb.com

May 15 2011, 4:16am Anchor

Did you guys hear that all the DLC for The Witcher 2 will be 100% free.

May 15 2011, 12:58pm Anchor

Im still finishing part 1. I bought the Enhanced Edition. From what I have seen / heard from part 2 I will definatly buy it as well.

May 15 2011, 1:06pm Anchor

Pre-ordered on Steam.....yeah!

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.