Forum Thread
by member
Witcher 2: Alternate Ending Contest (Forums : Contests : Witcher 2: Alternate Ending Contest) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
May 10 2011, 1:40pm Anchor
Some peope are forgetting the entries will not be valid if the picture isn't related to a moment in history.
May 10 2011, 1:40pm Anchor

I did several that are already posted, and one I am guilty of using one I did not know was in there, the  Constitution, but I did a very different take on it.

Well history CAN be in the eyes of the beholder.  The debut of the Simpsons can be considered a point in history, as well the poster for PETA I did with the first ever public nude shot for advertising the movement.

May 10 2011, 3:18pm Anchor

@Vormaen

Yes, you have a point about history but I think the judges will be looking for moments that were historical and had an impact on the world. Though I have nothing against any of the images that aren't even historical and are game-cross overs, I think they are some of the best ones actually.

May 10 2011, 3:48pm Anchor

I think that humor is still gonna be key.  Remember folks, adding a middle finger does not automatically mean it's funny, but sitting on it is!

Mine are here:
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com
and
Moddb.com

Whew, I'm spent.

macacos2
May 10 2011, 5:44pm Anchor

All your entries are really nice! Good luck.

--

May 10 2011, 8:02pm Anchor

Just posted a Titanic one, can't believe no one made one yet...

Newton and Sherlock Holmes - CHECK!

May 11 2011, 11:28am Anchor
ChrissRaven wrote:Just posted a Titanic one, can't believe no one made one yet...

Huh no one ?

I made one before:
Moddb.com

I really gotta finish that 1.

Edited by: Duruk

May 11 2011, 1:34pm Anchor

Just posted this picture of the death of Lincoln

but just discovered that someone already had used the same painting as I,
but it should be okay, I hope...

May 11 2011, 4:00pm Anchor

Just make it original, you'll be cool.

May 11 2011, 5:29pm Anchor

The King
All I have to say...

May 11 2011, 6:08pm Anchor
ChrissRaven wrote:The King
All I have to say...

What?

Is this to do with my "Geralt is Dead" image? lol

Moddb.com

Edited by: KnightofEquulei

razorb
razorb Indie Dev
May 11 2011, 7:17pm Anchor

270 entries so far ? should of had like a 3 entry per person limit or something as it looks like alot are just mindless spam ;o some pretty funny ones in there tho!

INtense!
INtense! End Boss
May 11 2011, 10:35pm Anchor
razorb wrote:270 entries so far ? should of had like a 3 entry per person limit or something as it looks like alot are just mindless spam ;o some pretty funny ones in there tho!

yeah it is surprizing, some will be easy to elimate but there are a lot of quality ones. Judging wont be easy.

--

Scott Reismanis
Desura | Blog | Jobs

May 12 2011, 3:27am Anchor

I just hope that the alternate endings themselves also play a part in this, not solely the pictures.

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 12 2011, 4:14am Anchor

So.... Does the alternate Storyline counts (in the description box) or is it just the Photos ????

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

May 12 2011, 12:20pm Anchor

misahnt posted three pictures which I think fall under the category of forgery, but I will post here and let the people in charge decide. And because this is a new account (changed nicknames) and I can't post links, here they are in crappy, non-click-enabled form, just replace (dot) with a "."
Scissor Beats Paper ! [ORIGINAL: Badabingbadabambadaboom.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/paper-scissor.jpg?w=500]
Heros Save the Day [ORIGINAL: 72dpi.cn/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/spiderman_by_TOYIB.jpg]
Geralt Vs Hulk !!! [ORIGINAL: Funny-potato.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/boxing-movie.jpg]

Now the links marked ORIGINAL are definitely not the original instances of the pictures going on the internet, because lolpics can't ever be traced properly, due to the nature of the interbuckets itself.
I think these pictures go under the clasification of forgery, Scissor Beats Paper ! is funny because of the way Churchill and Hitler posed and that Britain was one of the victorious nations; Heros Save the Day is funny, because effin' spiderman is in world war 2; Geralt Vs Hulk !!! is funny, because someone is trying to fight the Hulk in boxing and the Hulk is the strongest thing on Earth.
At least that's why I think they are funny, for me having Triss or Geralt in there does nothing for the comedic value of said pictures and again I repeat, this is what I think (people on the internet have a hard time grasping oppinions).
I leave it to the responsible parties to decide whether or not these pictures can stay in the competition, I'm just stating an observation and oppinion that they go against the rules, more specifically:
"The work submitted must be original, your own and not a forgery".
And I don't think "someone else's lolpics" are his own.

Edited by: ChrissRaven

May 12 2011, 12:30pm Anchor

Uhh..it looks like ChrissRaven has found a Nemesis and is trying to push out other participants using dirty tricks... XD
btw no ofence meant...

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

May 12 2011, 12:37pm Anchor
Flash112 wrote:Uhh..it looks like ChrissRaven has found a Nemesis and is trying to push out other participants using dirty tricks... XD
btw no ofence meant...

Non-taken man :P .
I just remembered seeing the WW2 pic a few weeks ago and wondered or not if this falls under the forgery, because the work is "not his own" . I want this to be a fair competition and may the best douchebag win, and if I have to be a douchebag to do it, so be it :D joking of course.
Plus moddb doesn't let me do dirty tricks, I couldn't do cool clickable links!

May 12 2011, 12:39pm Anchor
ChrissRaven wrote:misahnt posted three pictures which I think fall under the category of forgery, but I will post here and let the people in charge decide. And because this is a new account (changed nicknames) and I can't post links, here they are in crappy, non-click-enabled form, just replace (dot) with a "."
Scissor Beats Paper ! [ORIGINAL: Badabingbadabambadaboom.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/paper-scissor.jpg?w=500]
Heros Save the Day [ORIGINAL: 72dpi.cn/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/spiderman_by_TOYIB.jpg]
Geralt Vs Hulk !!! [ORIGINAL: Funny-potato.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/boxing-movie.jpg]

Now the links marked ORIGINAL are definitely not the original instances of the pictures going on the internet, because lolpics can't ever be traced properly, due to the nature of the interbuckets itself.
I think these pictures go under the clasification of forgery, Scissor Beats Paper ! is funny because of the way Churchill and Hitler posed and that Britain was one of the victorious nations; Heros Save the Day is funny, because effin' spiderman is in world war 2; Geralt Vs Hulk !!! is funny, because someone is trying to fight the Hulk in boxing and the Hulk is the strongest thing on Earth.
At least that's why I think they are funny, for me having Triss or Geralt in there does nothing for the comedic value of said pictures and again I repeat, this is what I think (people on the internet have a hard time grasping oppinions).
I leave it to the responsible parties to decide whether or not these pictures can stay in the competition, I'm just stating an observation and oppinion that they go against the rules, more specifically:
"The work submitted must be original, your own and not a forgery".
And I don't think "someone else's lolpics" are his own.

Forgery is the process of making, adapting, or imitating objects, statistics, or documents with the intent to deceive. Copies, studio replicas, and reproductions are not considered forgeries.

As far as I've seen. Mishant is doing what everyone else is doing and just editing images. 

Edited by: KnightofEquulei

May 12 2011, 12:46pm Anchor
TheKingofTheGuild wrote:As far as I've seen. Mishant is doing what everyone else is doing and just editing images. 

But he's using other people's funny pictures to do it, not a historic event picture, but someone else's internet handywork entirely.

May 12 2011, 12:51pm Anchor
ChrissRaven wrote:
TheKingofTheGuild wrote:As far as I've seen. Mishant is doing what everyone else is doing and just editing images. 

But he's using other people's funny pictures to do it, not a historic event picture, but someone else's internet handywork entirely.

You have a point. In any case, I guess the mods will make the decision about if those images are against the rules.

May 12 2011, 1:21pm Anchor
TheKingofTheGuild wrote:
You have a point. In any case, I guess the mods will make the decision about if those images are against the rules.

Yup, I just wanted to mention this in case it is actually against the rules.

macacos2
May 12 2011, 1:26pm Anchor
ChrissRaven wrote:Yup, I just wanted to mention this in case it is actually against the rules.

No need to point anything like that out, the Judges are not that dumb.

--

May 12 2011, 1:51pm Anchor

Well in any case. Good luck to everyone. May the best douchiness win.

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 12 2011, 4:40pm Anchor

Guys........ i used that WW2 image because i needed an image with soldiers running backwards... and because i cant find any other so i used that one.. btw i modified it to a very great extent by adding superman Triss and Geralt..
if u look carefully i evolved that image into something new

and about the Hulk vs Geralt image....now what can i say
we all are changing faces & swaping them with Geralt's or triss's Face...
I Just cant understand WHAT PROBLEM "ChrissRaven" has with that ???
maybe he is just too afraid of loosing

if u guys see most of my images they are not even historic... i am doing it more for fun than prize

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.