Forum Thread
Witcher 2: Alternate Ending Contest (Forums : Contests & Jams : Witcher 2: Alternate Ending Contest) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
INtense!
INtense! End Boss
May 6 2011 Anchor

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (preorder now) follows Geralt of Rivia with the game culminating in any one of sixteen possible endings. Since we figured sixteen possible endings isn't enough, we challenge you to come up with your own for a chance to win a kick-ass Alienware laptop. All you need to do is design your own ending featuring Geralt and/or Triss, with them integrated into a famous moment in history. Here are some ideas to help get you started:

Alienware Prize Sponsor

• Geralt blocking Michael Jordan in the closing seconds of an NBA finals game
  • Geralt joining the lolcat revolution or maybe photobombing a picture
  • Geralt taking out Bin Laden

Anyone can participate and win, programmers included... elite graphic skills are not required in this competition, just a good sense of humor and an awesome picture from history with Geralt and/or Triss in it. Draw it in MSPaint or crayons if you must.

Check out the details and enter today!

Edited by: INtense!

May 6 2011 Anchor

Some cool ideas just passed through my mind. This will be awesome. I smell lots of good quality stuff coming, good luck to everyone!

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
May 6 2011 Anchor

INtense! wrote:

• Geralt taking out Bin Laden

I'm afraid you've won this contest yourself

--

razorb
razorb Indie Dev
May 6 2011 Anchor

lol very very open and strange contest, good luck everyone! :D

May 6 2011 Anchor

I've made three so far where Geralt turned religious and joined The Templars and took a vow of chastity. The second image shows him at the stake burning with the other Templars. The third shows him in Heaven.

Edited by: KnightofEquulei

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 7 2011 Anchor

i am gonna try

quiet a dozen ideas in mind !!!!

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

May 7 2011 Anchor

Nice competition.

I got 1 finished so far. Geralt conquers the Reichstag almost single handedly
Moddb.com

1 more images in the works.
Moddb.com
Its work in progress so I still have to add Geralt and some color/shadow stuff.

Edited by: Duruk

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 7 2011 Anchor

UpLoaded 2 Awesome pics today........ more to follow soon... ;)

Added 2 more pics !!! :)

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

May 7 2011 Anchor

I lolled making this 1 :
Moddb.com

May 7 2011 Anchor

Do i have to be 18 to participate in this??

btw this contest is just lolzzz :D :D

Edited by: Flash112

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

May 7 2011 Anchor

Moddb.com

Just a quick work lol

Here's another one

Moddb.com

First work edited
Moddb.com

Edited by: kaname92

May 7 2011 Anchor

Triss as Emmeline Pankhurst Whipped this up in a few mins. I think it is very historical what she did. As far as people go.
Moddb.com

May 7 2011 Anchor

Edited by: JustDaveIsFine

May 8 2011 Anchor

This is by far my best work so far, I will continue submitting throughout the week.
Moddb.com

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 8 2011 Anchor

Uploaded ...just 2 pics today..... but hey ........they contain the awesome mario & contra games !!!

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

May 8 2011 Anchor

Just uploaded a picture of Triss shown as Einstein :D Mother of Science :D

--

User Posted Image

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 8 2011 Anchor

yesterday i uploaded a pic containing.... Apple's CEO Steve Jobs Googles CEO.... & ofcourse Geralt ..in it.... was just a small quick view on the whole Android Vs iOS thing...
loled while making it

Just made a photo of Geralt with Gandhi in it... suring his salt march( satagrayh) movement...in india...
he was also a big supporter of Nalson mandela..of Africa..helpthem gain freedom
here is more
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_Satyagraha

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

May 8 2011 Anchor

Lots of high quality pictures been added lately...probably i will have to stop using MS Paint and take on the Photoshop.

or do it the old fashoned way by taking pencil in my hand and start to draw those lines :D
btw a very fun contest to participate
Btw btw sorry for my bad english i am very sleepy at the moment :D

--

User Posted Image

May 8 2011 Anchor

But how will the winner be chosen? Internal decision from the staff or by a public votation?

macacos2
macacos2 maps at the speed of a crippled turtle
May 8 2011 Anchor

kaname92 wrote: But how will the winner be chosen? Internal decision from the staff or by a public votation?

I sure hope it's internal. Most of the time the public opinion is easily influenced by something dumb which affects the result.

--

May 8 2011 Anchor

The Judging
All images will be judged by ModDB staff Dave, Scott and Ben. We are looking for entertaining well integrated designs with a good sense of humor.

Moddb.com

mishant
mishant Pwner by Birth
May 8 2011 Anchor

It also says
All you need to do is design your own ending featuring Geralt and/or Triss, with them integrated into a famous moment in history.

--

I Was born a Original ,
Wont die a Copy

May 9 2011 Anchor

Bummed out another one today. Geralt Groves in place of Leslie Groves. The man who oversaw the construction of the pentagon and the Manhattan project which resulted in the atomic bomb.

Moddb.com

QUESTION!!! : History or Mythology. I have this question as there is a lot of Mythology getting mixed in there. Can we do mythology? I have tried to not do anything like that and stick to straight history as the rules do not classifiy this. I just want to clarifiy before I do any more work. :)

May 10 2011 Anchor

Uploaded a Ford related one, with a small story to go with it, and on the topic of history/mythology - I think it doesn't matter much, as long as it's humorous and somehow loosely related, it's fine.

May 10 2011 Anchor

People been adding many pictures that have already been posted, i mean not the exact pics but the exact idea..
and if so how will the winner be chosen, who came up with it first or the one with the highest quality??
just curios(may be misspelled) :D...
example: Moddb.com

Moddb.com (this was posted first)

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.