Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Why Russians are the bad guys ? (Forums : Cosmos : Why Russians are the bad guys ?) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Oct 1 2010, 5:27pm Anchor
Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:If It were up to me there'd be no rich or poor, just a whole bunch of people with enough money to survive and accomplish the things they want from life.

Uh, You mean communism?

You do know poor people are poor because they flunked high school, had 6 kids and like to only work at minimum wage their entire life, right? Rich people are rich because they actually passed high school, went to a college university and finally given a high paying job.

Everyone has a chance to make what they want to make of their lives. No one will or SHOULD give their life to them.

Oct 1 2010, 6:32pm Anchor

This may be true, but you do realize studies have a cost right? Not every family can afford it. That does not mean they wouldn't want their kids to go to high school. And they might not even be aware that giving a proper education to their children would enable them to earn a decent living. Now why wouldn't they know that? Because they never had a proper education themselves. 
Moreover, even if it is somehow understandable to get a better job when you've studied more (I mean the effort put into it as well as the actual time devoted to it), this does not justify the fact that people doing unqualified jobs (which are often tougher physically by the way) should not be able to live well.

Back to topic: I think  Russians are often the bad guys because a-there is lack of inspiration from the writers, (along with the fact that Russians work amazingly well as bad guys, that's what the public claims for) and b-because the United States do have interest in keeping a good relationship with China as for now. You wouldn't bash someone you owe money to - or would you? And if you want an Asian enemy in your script, the North Koreans make a good alternative.

Edited by: Babeuf97

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Oct 1 2010, 6:38pm Anchor

It's true. The cost of studting in the UK as an example is about £10,000 per year - for a three year degree course you're looking at £30,000.

Now take an average family with three children. That's £90,000 just to put your children through higher education, and maybe as much as £30,000 per year, which is twice as much as the average family earns. Thankfully, there are loan systems in place that can help people get through in the UK, but other nations such as the US do not have these in place and can be even more expensive.

Oct 1 2010, 6:55pm Anchor

Exactly. Not to mention loan systems indebt families for many years...as a consequence you get the education that you can afford.

Edited by: Babeuf97

Oct 1 2010, 7:00pm Anchor

The only reason why poor people don't feel like changing their ways is because their way of living is comfortable to them. Believe it or not. They get government checks from hard working citizens so the poor can keep being lazy and having a bunch of kids.

Why can't natural selection apply to humans? Not saying we should kill poor people, but jesus stop encouraging them to STAY poor!

Edited by: Rawket

Oct 1 2010, 7:29pm Anchor

I wouldn't say poor people are lazy, I wouldn't call someone who is forced to have two jobs instead of one to earn an average living (as it may happen in America) a lazy person. I wouldn't call someone who is forced to sleep in the streets because he has nowhere else to go a lazy person either. However, I understand your point in a way that "lucky" poor peole who have a home, a TV and such feel comfortable enough not to ask for more.

Working classes  in Western countries today do not suffer from famine, in the evening they can watch TV shows and dream about the life they'd want to have. The system as it is encourages them not to face their own responsibilities. Why? Not for the mere satisfaction of throwing money down the drain, but because a lot of poor people actually are hard working persons who enable companies to earn millions (if not at work they'll do it through consumering, think of how many goods a family with six children will need buy), while they are not aware that they are citizens and won't stand to defend their rights. Now that's the perfect sheep.

Edited by: Babeuf97

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Oct 1 2010, 8:11pm Anchor
Quote:The only reason why poor people don't feel like changing their ways is because their way of living is comfortable to them. Believe it or not. They get government checks from hard working citizens so the poor can keep being lazy and having a bunch of kids.

Why can't natural selection apply to humans? Not saying we should kill poor people, but jesus stop encouraging them to STAY poor!


Oct 1 2010, 8:40pm Anchor

You guys just don't know what kind of poor people I am talking here. I bet you guys would consider me upper class...

Oh yeah, guys I just found this video and it explains EXACTLY what I'm trying to say: Youtube.com

Edited by: Rawket

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Oct 1 2010, 8:58pm Anchor

Unless I'm wrong, you're talking about people working minimum wage as you went on to say rich people are rich because they went to college and got a high-paying job. Unfortunately, the numbers show that college/university students tend to graduate with a massive pile of debt from student loans, straight into a very uncertain job market. 

Edit: Glen Beck video, you're definitely a troll.

Edited by: Cryrid

Oct 1 2010, 9:25pm Anchor

I don't know who Glen Beck is, but he is my hero. Just like Rush Limbaugh is my hero. Damn pesky liberals! Giving rights and money to poor people and now I can't buy me Lamborghini.

Anyways, just carry on talking about russia, I somehow changed the topic two times in a single thread.

Edited by: Rawket

Assaultman67
Assaultman67 Needs a fuckin' title
Oct 2 2010, 1:13am Anchor
ambershee wrote:... People like to think that the USA 'won' the Cold War, but in reality I'm beginning to think that they completely overextended themsselves and are now beginning to suffer the consequences.

Exactly why Ronald Reagen was an idiot (although preventing an all out nuclear war without firing a single shot makes him a genius at the same time)

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:Guys you're both right, its a problem in the third world that there's a huge gap between the rich and the poor. Places like India for example where you can have Mansions next to slums..

It's just the world we live in and it sucks. If It were up to me there'd be no rich or poor, just a whole bunch of people with enough money to survive and accomplish the things they want from life.


Isn't that the basis for communism ...

Great in theory, but it seems to fall short in incentive areas for people to work hard ...

--

My links:|Xfire|Mars Wars 3|Steam|
My Mod/Game Watches: |Lift Mod|Overgrowth|Airborn|Warm Gun|

Oct 2 2010, 2:34pm Anchor
Someone wrote:You guys just don't know what kind of poor people I am talking here. I bet you guys would consider me upper class...

Hey, I meant no offense or anything personal. Anyway, I think we've been a bit too far off topic so I won't argue on that subject anymore, -though it has been interesting to discuss everyone's point of view. It just seems like it's not the right place to do it, so let's leave it at that.

Why are Russians the bad guys, anyone?

Oct 15 2010, 1:15am Anchor

Because Russians are cool and you want the bad guy to be cool.

PeterHat
PeterHat A Gray Swan
Oct 15 2010, 2:19am Anchor

--

If the game start to lag for no reason it's my falt ):>{O

Oct 15 2010, 10:52am Anchor

Examples?

There are many WW2 games, and I saw NO GAMES oriented to play as German or Japanese soldier (multiplayer is exception). But there are many games to play as Russians.

CoD4: There are not only bad Russians, there are good Russians, the Loyalists. Zakhaev is bad Russian.

P.S. I am Russian, and I am patriot.

PeterHat
PeterHat A Gray Swan
Oct 15 2010, 10:57am Anchor

First of all. Hello comrade ! Second. I'm not only talking about games and movies also I'm talking about the CNN conflict :I They made us look like are attacking Ukraine.

--

If the game start to lag for no reason it's my falt ):>{O

Nov 1 2010, 7:49pm Anchor

inaftr pointless shitstorm

Nov 1 2010, 9:02pm Anchor

I'm American and I do agree that we are very lucky to still be a country today. There are so many times we could have been abolished but yet we are still a country today. I personally don't think America will be around much longer.  Neither will most countries.

But on the topic. I think Russia is the "bad guy" simply because it is one of the most powerful countries in the world along with China, France, Britain, Japan, India, Germany, Brazil, and a couple others. The reason those countries aren't the bad guys is because the U.S.A. has had a long history with Russia. Although they had a history with Britain (Revolutionary War), Germany (WW2), and a bunch of other countries, the reason Russia is the bad guy is simply because they can cause the most damage to the U.S.A. which is what they have shown in the past years. If another country proves they can annihilate you (Cold War) then that is when fear comes in. If we got in a war against any country in the world I guarantee Russia will be the hardest to fight against. Especially since they are so close to us, that also is part of it.

There are probably a lot of errors because I try to type very fast so don't even pay attention to the errors.

Edited by: Christian9872

PeterHat
PeterHat A Gray Swan
Nov 2 2010, 5:43am Anchor

Hey. the cold war happened when the Soviet Union was around. Now we have a completely different government with completely different people !

--

If the game start to lag for no reason it's my falt ):>{O

Assaultman67
Assaultman67 Needs a fuckin' title
Nov 2 2010, 4:08pm Anchor
Christian9872 wrote:I'm American and I do agree that we are very lucky to still be a country today. There are so many times we could have been abolished but yet we are still a country today. I personally don't think America will be around much longer.  Neither will most countries.

But on the topic. I think Russia is the "bad guy" simply because it is one of the most powerful countries in the world along with China, France, Britain, Japan, India, Germany, Brazil, and a couple others. The reason those countries aren't the bad guys is because the U.S.A. has had a long history with Russia. Although they had a history with Britain (Revolutionary War), Germany (WW2), and a bunch of other countries, the reason Russia is the bad guy is simply because they can cause the most damage to the U.S.A ...


You tell that to the Chinese ...

Russia may have the power to break our bodies, but the Chinese has the power to break our will ...

--

My links:|Xfire|Mars Wars 3|Steam|
My Mod/Game Watches: |Lift Mod|Overgrowth|Airborn|Warm Gun|

Robots!
Robots! Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring
Nov 2 2010, 6:13pm Anchor
Rawket wrote:I don't know who Glen Beck is, but he is my hero. Just like Rush Limbaugh is my hero. Damn pesky liberals! Giving rights and money to poor people and now I can't buy me Lamborghini.

Anyways, just carry on talking about russia, I somehow changed the topic two times in a single thread.


Keep on truckin'.

--

User Posted Image

Assaultman67
Assaultman67 Needs a fuckin' title
Nov 2 2010, 11:34pm Anchor
Disst wrote:
Rawket wrote:I don't know who Glen Beck is, but he is my hero. Just like Rush Limbaugh is my hero. Damn pesky liberals! Giving rights and money to poor people and now I can't buy me Lamborghini.

Anyways, just carry on talking about russia, I somehow changed the topic two times in a single thread.


Keep on truckin'.


...

Has anyone ever noticed that the attitudes of new people seem to be well represented by an underdamped, transient response of a second order differential system?

Maybe I drank too much booze :C ...

--

My links:|Xfire|Mars Wars 3|Steam|
My Mod/Game Watches: |Lift Mod|Overgrowth|Airborn|Warm Gun|

Nov 4 2010, 5:38am Anchor
Christian9872 wrote:I'm American and I do agree that we are very lucky to still be a country today. There are so many times we could have been abolished but yet we are still a country today. I personally don't think America will be around much longer.  Neither will most countries.

The only threat I see is China and I don't think they want to blow us to hell anytime soon.

Nov 9 2010, 6:21pm Anchor

i gota say i don't see they theres all this hate for Russia a been to Russia and Eastern Euro as well as USA, and i fell a shit load better in Russia then in USA, Russia has a epic history they are hardy little guys that don't give up no matter what, the same can't be said about the American people, 

they have very nice buildings, some are not new but why do you need new buildings if the old ones are doing there job -.-  , i think its because American people can not keep up with the times the world is changing, and American is a bit slow at change, they are like U.K. after ww2 slow to see the world changing around them

maybe one day American well speed up but i don't see that happening any time soon, they will just stay in there little bit of the world

Out i would live in Russia any day over USA

Edited by: KiwiWarrior

PeterHat
PeterHat A Gray Swan
Nov 10 2010, 8:37am Anchor

0_o I didn't expect that.

--

If the game start to lag for no reason it's my falt ):>{O

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.