Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Why Russians are the bad guys ? (Forums : Cosmos : Why Russians are the bad guys ?) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sep 27 2010, 8:44pm Anchor

Russia was allies with Cuba and Cuba almost nuked the U.S. Also, if you look at their past, they have been a very unstable country (just think of Joseph Stalin and all of the revolutions) They pretty much introduced Communism to the world and every country that is Communist is not allies with the U.S. If you look at the present, they don't seem to be a big threat, but it kind of scares people when they look at the past and wonder what could happen in the future. They could invade us from the west coast because they are right next to us!

Sep 28 2010, 2:40am Anchor

America does not control the world. You conqured nothing.

And the reason why Russia are the bad guys is because the cold war ended not that long ago and many of the people who caused it are in power today.
That's why they're the bad guys. The cold war can easily start again, I'm surprised it didn't when the Russians invaded Georgia, but we'll see in time when the US is forced to defend Israel against Iran, as Russia will aid Iran- this slowly is seeming to be an inevitability- its just a matter of when its going to happen.

If you've seen their modern military btw they're not something that should be just shrugged off, Russia is still very much a military superpower, the US just has the advantage of being a technological one.

Edited by: formerlyknownasMrCP

Sep 28 2010, 3:33am Anchor

No, the US has the advantage of being incredibly rich compared to Russia. Course they are in massive debt right now, but somehow they are still funding the war in the middle east.

Sep 28 2010, 4:44am Anchor
Someone wrote:Also, if you look at their past, they have been a very unstable country (just think of Joseph Stalin and all of the revolutions)

same i can say about almost every country, usa not an exception, look at its history, and china, japan??

Someone wrote:They pretty much introduced Communism

 
It is a stereotype, a world floor till now represent Russian caps with ear-flaps in caps and with a bear. Will suffice to play RA3, be interested in the world.
And stop to set silly questions, though schoolboys it will not understand this...
and did you know that 15% of inhabitants of the USA - russians and natives of the USSR ??))

Edited by: SliderFF

Sep 28 2010, 7:04am Anchor

John1993, why Americans bad guys?

Stupid thread.

PeterHat
PeterHat A Gray Swan
Sep 28 2010, 8:53am Anchor
Gunship wrote: Stupid thread.

 Randoms, incoming!  nope.avi 

Also remember this !  http://video.mail.ru/mail/alexander501/885/345.html?liked=1 The tie is a lie !

Edited by: PeterHat

Assaultman67
Assaultman67 Needs a fuckin' title
Sep 28 2010, 9:06am Anchor

They suck ... theyre starting to remake anime titles into live action movies as well ... akira and cowboy bebop will be coming out here shortly (in the next year) ...

Akira's plot really wasnt that great either ... it was more of a feat of animation at the time ... taking out the "feat" makes it kinda shit.

as for Cowboy bebop ... well ...

-_-

(cowboy bebop had an excellant plot and a unique look of the future ... you can bet that a movie like this however won't get a decent budget, so its gonna be shit in special effects at least)

--

My links:|Xfire|Mars Wars 3|Steam|
My Mod/Game Watches: |Lift Mod|Overgrowth|Airborn|Warm Gun|

Sep 28 2010, 9:43am Anchor
Assaultman67 wrote:They suck ...

Who? Russians? Nope.avi

But with some aspects i agree with all. Remember my words - all Russian/Ukranian people stupidness dissapear after 18 years.

Only kids have brain problems.

k bai.

Edited by: GuNsHiP_MK_II

PeterHat
PeterHat A Gray Swan
Sep 28 2010, 9:54am Anchor

so how this explains political problems and the movie thing. Unless everybody at Hollywood is 3 years old.

--

If the game start to lag for no reason it's my falt ):>{O

Assaultman67
Assaultman67 Needs a fuckin' title
Sep 28 2010, 1:30pm Anchor
GuNsHiP_MK_II wrote:
Assaultman67 wrote:They suck ...

Who? Russians? Nope.avi ...


I mean't american writers ... apparently i read the last post of the first page and didn't notice the 2nd

Rawket wrote:No, the US has the advantage of being incredibly rich compared to Russia. Course they are in massive debt right now, but somehow they are still funding the war in the middle east.

Actually I'm pretty sure a new cold war would bankrupt us ... we simply cant pull that same trick twice with our economy as it is now ...

The effects of the first cold war is what got us into such economic trouble (the national debt was mainly created out of competition with russia)

Reagan was both a genius and an idiot ... He ended a war that would have devastated the world without firing a single shot, but to do it he made America gain some extremely serious debt and spending habits that are out of control ...

He also started CIA programs to directly fund anti-communist groups with
weapons so as to provoke the USSR into investing even more into their
military ...

the USSR at the time was basically matching every move we made (yes, even the cuban missle crisis was provoked by the US installing missile silos in Turkey) ... so he used our (superior?) economy to outspend them and bankrupt their goverment ...

He pretty much challenged the USSR to a pissing contest during a standoff ... we had more urine :P ...

Aperture.inc wrote:so how this explains political problems and the movie thing. Unless everybody at Hollywood is 3 years old.


I told you before ... writers will write based upon stereotypes ... the stereotype of russians is that they're badass ...

Also the french (answering your previous question) have the stereotype of being weak and strategically incompetent (we probably got that from the UK considering we have had few direct confrontations with France throughout history)

--

My links:|Xfire|Mars Wars 3|Steam|
My Mod/Game Watches: |Lift Mod|Overgrowth|Airborn|Warm Gun|

PeterHat
PeterHat A Gray Swan
Sep 28 2010, 1:38pm Anchor

Yes i know that and i like the stereotypes but i just don't like the latest Hollywood movies (But i loved District 9 and Daybreakers :P )

--

If the game start to lag for no reason it's my falt ):>{O

Assaultman67
Assaultman67 Needs a fuckin' title
Sep 28 2010, 1:44pm Anchor

Well ...  \(o-0)/ ... im not sure where the confusion lies ...

(Unless you're now asking how russians got that stereotype?)

--

My links:|Xfire|Mars Wars 3|Steam|
My Mod/Game Watches: |Lift Mod|Overgrowth|Airborn|Warm Gun|

Sep 28 2010, 3:27pm Anchor
Aperture.inc wrote:Yes i know that and i like the stereotypes but i just don't like the latest Hollywood movies (But i loved District 9 and Daybreakers :P )

You say the stereotypes applied to your people are fine, but get pissed about the portrayal of the same stereotypes in films...? Contradict yourself often ?
- " I'm sick of this !!...No wait, I meant it's fine. Never mind. "-  
There's no reason to start these threads at all if your just going to fold on your stance a day later. Just stop watching movies.

Edited by: jjawinte

Assaultman67
Assaultman67 Needs a fuckin' title
Sep 28 2010, 4:07pm Anchor
jjawinte wrote:
Aperture.inc wrote:Yes i know that and i like the stereotypes but i just don't like the latest Hollywood movies (But i loved District 9 and Daybreakers :P )

You say the stereotypes applied to your people are fine, but get pissed about the portrayal of the same stereotypes in films...? Contradict yourself often ?
- " I'm sick of this !!...No wait, I meant it's fine. Never mind. "-  
There's no reason to start these threads at all if your just going to fold on your stance a day later. Just stop watching movies.


I like people who fold ... it makes debating easier :P ...

--

My links:|Xfire|Mars Wars 3|Steam|
My Mod/Game Watches: |Lift Mod|Overgrowth|Airborn|Warm Gun|

Sep 28 2010, 4:21pm Anchor

Sure does Assaultman - quicker too ! :thumbup:

Sep 28 2010, 6:58pm Anchor

Games that didn't have russians as bad guys:
Wolfenstien Series
Doom Series
Quake Series
Half Life 1/2
Super Mario Bros series
Zelda series
Metroid Series
CoD 1/2/3
CnC 1/2/3

Game that had russians as bad guys:
CnC Red Alert 1/2/3(alternate universe)
Freedom fighters (alternate universe)
MW 1+2 (as a handful of terrorists)
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (alternative universe)

I don't seem to remember anyone from the US being a wonderful sweet loving person back during the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, etc. to the superior communist of the United Socialist Soviet Republic. Sure takes a one sided ignorant view to think you're limited childhood years teach you how the world works.  Every US citizen I talk to thinks the USSR helped make the USA be a great nation: iron sharpening iron.  the list of things neither county would of done unless the competition existed it almost limitless.

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Sep 28 2010, 8:19pm Anchor
Assaultman67 wrote:He also started CIA programs to directly fund anti-communist groups with
weapons

Like the Taliban. Funny how that turned out.

Edited by: ambershee

Assaultman67
Assaultman67 Needs a fuckin' title
Sep 28 2010, 9:49pm Anchor

Isn't it? ... LOL

Of course the average American doesn't realize this because facts like this are conveniently located in the footnotes of American history ...

--

My links:|Xfire|Mars Wars 3|Steam|
My Mod/Game Watches: |Lift Mod|Overgrowth|Airborn|Warm Gun|

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Sep 28 2010, 10:33pm Anchor

In any Soldier of Fortune magazine from that era.

Sep 28 2010, 11:03pm Anchor

american history was tl;dr for me. SO I SAY AMERICA IS SUPAR!!!

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Sep 28 2010, 11:16pm Anchor

America doesn't have any history. Everyone knows all the history is in Europe.

Sep 28 2010, 11:25pm Anchor

One of the most important parts of European history is when a number of their people sailed out and colonized in the western world.

Edited by: NGS616

PeterHat
PeterHat A Gray Swan
Sep 29 2010, 1:13am Anchor

I heard maybe because America didn't have any legends so they made Superheroes ? i know that sounds stupid.

--

If the game start to lag for no reason it's my falt ):>{O

Assaultman67
Assaultman67 Needs a fuckin' title
Sep 29 2010, 1:08pm Anchor
Aperture.inc wrote:I heard maybe because America didn't have any legends so they made Superheroes ? i know that sounds stupid.

Come to think of it ... we dont have (human) legends >_> ...

(we have quite a few "people" based off books though that somehow transpired (not quite the word I was looking for :cry: -_- ) out of the book and into American culture ...

--

My links:|Xfire|Mars Wars 3|Steam|
My Mod/Game Watches: |Lift Mod|Overgrowth|Airborn|Warm Gun|

Sep 29 2010, 4:03pm Anchor

I'm going to cut through the political commentary and get to the point here, from an American point of view and in the way the world expects me to.

Every single Russian I've met online has been a dick. In chat, EVE, in countless team shooters, even in effing Minecraft. That's the long and short of it. I'm sure there are nice Russians, just as there are worldly Americans, but the fact is the mass-production citizen the world sees is not. We're both large nations, unblessed by the small scale that makes hiding such warts easy for the rest of the world, so the stereotypes win out.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.