Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 266
Mar 18 2007, 7:14pm Anchor

Cool design razorb, keep it up :D

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Mar 18 2007, 9:07pm Anchor

Urgle please stop using maya, too steep of a learning curve.

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Mar 18 2007, 9:49pm Anchor

tkaza's right, we should police what software people should use and tell them to use 3dsmax or else.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Mar 18 2007, 10:51pm Anchor
leilei wrote:tkaza's right, we should police what software people should use and tell them to use 3dsmax or else.

Did I say that?
I just think he would do better with a easier modelling application, not necessarily 3dsmax.

Mar 19 2007, 9:31am Anchor

But I'm using wings3d, one of the most simplest ones :D

Actually, I've been thinking about going back to XSI someway....

--

Photobucket

mac89
mac89 Perfection in your mind
Mar 19 2007, 10:58am Anchor

Been working on something to expand my portfolio, a new Biohazard Icon.

User Posted Image

myles
myles Woah.
Mar 19 2007, 4:47pm Anchor

Nice job mac, TKAzA i totally disagree anyway, I learned from scratch with no idea of modeling with Maya and self taught. I have no problems and I think I'm slowly progressing. Anyway, something more constructive. I've been working on the plasma bug walking animation. And no I can't be bothered to render my work.

Myleslambert.co.uk

--

Portfolio

Error: The operation completed successfully.

Mar 19 2007, 5:29pm Anchor

I feel wierd posting something real here. XD
Been learning how to do some coding in HL2, and I made some ironsights. :D

User Posted Image
User Posted Image

--

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Mar 19 2007, 7:31pm Anchor

Nice.

Edited by: TKAzA

Sallycin
Sallycin Mystical
Mar 19 2007, 7:34pm Anchor

Nice work, did you use this tutorial? Gneu.org

--

Mar 19 2007, 8:26pm Anchor

Guilty. >_>

--

razorb
razorb Indie Dev
Mar 19 2007, 10:19pm Anchor

cools wish i could code ;(:(:(:( too hard fo me tho :O so i try an learn how to texture.. here is my next tank :O so far aint finished tho ;o

User Posted Image

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Mar 19 2007, 10:26pm Anchor

your to good raz you have overtaken me in in such a short time :(
damm i feel so noob these days

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Mar 19 2007, 10:59pm Anchor

I want to see his models in a game :(

::idiot::
::idiot:: village ^
Mar 19 2007, 11:14pm Anchor

That's really cool. You're texture skills are superamazinglikeomgwow. Love the whole design of it. It's a bit like your last tank, but it's still cool. Wait is it your last tank, just textured? Did you posts shots of this same model before?

Anyway, cool stuff.

--

User Posted Image

DrZais
DrZais A Wing And A Prayer
Mar 20 2007, 6:03pm Anchor

So cool, I love that really minimal look, reminds me of the old school, TA, Ground control etc.

Well I maimed my hand in a door yesterday so I wont be doing much drawing for at least a few weeks :(
I was working on this at the time (yep another mech) after seeing a link to a tutorial in another thread I thought I'd see where following it took me.

Trying to do more detailed stuff so this is an A3 jobby hence a bad photo rather than a proper scan. I'm going to see how I go holding a brush tommorow, maybe I'll be able to do a bit of a wash over it in preparation for inking, or I might leave it as a pencil drawing.

User Posted Image

Edited by: DrZais

--

ACHTUNG SCHWINEHUND!
User Posted Image
Forums =-= Profile
mac89
Mar 20 2007, 6:54pm Anchor

Whoa! Awesome, but I can imagine unless the driver relies soley(?) on hightech equipment he'll have trouble spotting his targets.

DrZais
Mar 20 2007, 7:45pm Anchor

thanks, heh oh yeah the bits below the top hatch were meant to be windows although they haven't come out very well.
I'll try and make them recess a bit or something so they dont look so much like armour plate.

--

ACHTUNG SCHWINEHUND!
User Posted Image
Forums =-= Profile
::idiot::
::idiot:: village ^
Mar 20 2007, 10:59pm Anchor

I never understood how people got inside your mechs. and if people don't get inside. Well, then there's just no point.

Cool drawing though. I really liked your mech stuff the most out of all the crazy planes and blimps and stuff.

Edited by: ::idiot::

--

User Posted Image

Mar 21 2007, 2:55am Anchor

DrZais, those concepts belong to a FPS! xD
I'd love to see a FPS in that universe.... I don't like RTS D;

Wait a sec, is that thing for a mod or just practice?

--

Photobucket

DrZais
Mar 21 2007, 5:16am Anchor

Just practice/boredom.
I don't really draw with a high goal in mind (besides when I'm doing stuff for AWAAP) I just draw because I enjoy it.

::idiot:: wrote:I never understood how people got inside your mechs. and if people don't get inside. Well, then there's just no point.

Theres a hatch right at the top, above the drivers cab. Its not very obvious from the angle though and could probably do with more detail or having it open or something. Gosh my finger is itching to do some more work on this now, pity it hurts so much :(

--

ACHTUNG SCHWINEHUND!
User Posted Image
Forums =-= Profile
tacoo
tacoo cupcake man
Mar 21 2007, 2:58pm Anchor

I am currently working on a character concept for Subject 311, but it is not nearly finished to I thought I'd show you a banner I made for me and my friend's upcoming site.
The site will be called The Critics. The underline (No game or movie goes safe) might be changed if we decide we wont keep it.
Also the red layer is transparent, meaning you can change the base picture (Hitman in this case) and the picture will adjust automaticly.
I also found a way to make cool looking creases or whatever you wanto call them; you make a layer in any colour you want.
Then you mark half the layer/picture and cut that part and paste it in a new layer.
The empty part of the layer that is beneath should be filled with black. Then you just blur the colour edge of the bottom layer.
Then you have a crease!
I thought this was really cool, though someone probably already figured it out and stuffed it in some tutorial somewhere.
I used that to get it to look a bit like a cinema ticket, because I think that will fit the site theme.
Anyhow, here's the picture:

Img503.imageshack.us

EDIT: I used a link instead of a direct image post, sinse that decreased the quality.

Edited by (in order): tacoo, tacoo, tacoo

--

|>>>"critisism"<<<|
|>>>"cookies"<<<|>>>"portfolio"<<<|
|>>>"311"<<<|
--------------------------------------------

lostantix
lostantix In The Learning Process...
Mar 22 2007, 1:46am Anchor

A C++ standalon game for my CompSci class.

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image

mac89
Mar 22 2007, 11:23am Anchor

I made a small scene with of a speakerbox, again for my portfolio.

User Posted Image

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Mar 22 2007, 1:15pm Anchor

I've been working on a website, but my website coding skills sucks, so I just have a banner/sig... Don't click it.... :P

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.