Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 268
TwinBeast
TwinBeast FBI Man
Feb 27 2007, 11:16am Anchor

Updated my Doom II mapping... click it for more pics...

User Posted Image

Edited by: TwinBeast

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Feb 28 2007, 9:55am Anchor
razorb
razorb Indie Dev
Feb 28 2007, 10:13am Anchor

nice aza ! will have yee thing done for friday ;) hehe i just slept like 50 million :D so will get on it asap :)

Koroshiya_Ichi
Koroshiya_Ichi proextinction
Feb 28 2007, 12:30pm Anchor

been doing this at work, veeeeeery much a WIP, only started it a couple o hours ago and im ultra slow at this stuff. All been done with photoshop from scratch using vectors/brushes, pretty happy with how its going so far i usually give up about 10 minutes into this kinda thing cuz i generally suck at it

User Posted Image

moving onto hair/head tomorrow, chin needs alot o work, as i say, WIP

--

Koroshiya Ichi
Creative Resolve - Freelance multimedia designer
Oceans Research - Designer & White Shark research assistant

Epi7aph
Epi7aph I listen to albums. (Formally StormÇrøw)
Feb 28 2007, 1:18pm Anchor

That reminds me of one of Carnis old avatars.

--

ModDB Fucking Oldtimer and (ex) Crow
Who changed my signature!
Playlist
User Posted Image

razorb
razorb Indie Dev
Feb 28 2007, 4:22pm Anchor

not bad ichi.. just look at some photo refs on how the wrinkles work on faces n such when smiling like that i mean u have that extra part in your pic below the lips :o lookin good so far tho :D

Feb 28 2007, 4:43pm Anchor

Awesome Clown Ichi.....anyone remember IT

Edited by: (ska)Diesel

Sallycin
Sallycin Mystical
Feb 28 2007, 4:46pm Anchor

Really sweet work Ichi, what kind of techniques did you use? It looks like you used a bit of Dodge and Burn. Anyway's here's a touched up version of the character I'm working on. I added some shading.

User Posted Image

--

Feb 28 2007, 4:48pm Anchor

I don't like the hands.. but apart from that it looks cool. :)

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Feb 28 2007, 4:48pm Anchor

looks like a chis character

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Sallycin
Sallycin Mystical
Feb 28 2007, 4:53pm Anchor

Yeah, I suck at hands >_< Heh, almost the whole thing is made with polygon selection and eclipse selection tools. My traditional art skills are pretty bad, and I'm doing all this with a laptop mouse.

Edited by: Sallycin

--

Koroshiya_Ichi
Feb 28 2007, 8:10pm Anchor
Salohcin wrote:Really sweet work Ichi, what kind of techniques did you use? It looks like you used a bit of Dodge and Burn.

vectors, brushes filtered, burn n dodge, noise filter, different layer filters for highlights, all very simple stuff. in the case of stuff like this i dont really think logically about shape or lighting, i just do what i feel is right for that area, which is certainley not a rule i would ever stick to all the time lol

given the purpose though i might revise it and go for a more realistic approach, see how this finishes off first though, quite liking it as a far as general look goes.

Cheers for the crit!

Edited by: Koroshiya_Ichi

--

Koroshiya Ichi

Mar 1 2007, 9:18am Anchor

Ichi, he needs a tounge and a hat!

I'm not really into scary clowns, but I think it's coming along nicely so far :D

Edited by: Babuzaa

--

BabuZaa
User Posted Image

P-Thunder.
P-Thunder. Level designer
Mar 1 2007, 10:23am Anchor

I work for School: Source and Last Hope.

Both are source engine conversions. I am a level designer for both. Check them out,

Koroshiya_Ichi
Mar 1 2007, 10:35am Anchor

oookay, thats nice

i've lost all incentive/enthusiasm for mr clown, so just got it finished as quickly as possible. Not amazing but it'll serve its purpose well and is something different to alot of my other stuff so will work ok as a portfolio example

User Posted Image

Edited by (in order): Koroshiya_Ichi, Koroshiya_Ichi, Koroshiya_Ichi

--

Koroshiya Ichi

Mar 1 2007, 12:27pm Anchor

That looks horrible :D
I mean, not quality wise, but, you know, it looks like a horrible clown! Like, I dunno, a peadophile? Bah.

Anyways, since I'm not working on any mods, I decided to try to model for infinity.... Then I lost interest, as I'm not very interested in space sims, but I did get something......

User Posted Image

I'm thinking about reverting to XSI..... When I got enough money for it, lol :D

--

Photobucket

myles
myles Woah.
Mar 1 2007, 12:47pm Anchor

Hey your getting MUCH better Urgel, your work is really coming along, my work is top secret, i mean more secret than something top secret :de: :eek:
Well until this 6th of March :p

--

Portfolio

Error: The operation completed successfully.

Mar 1 2007, 12:50pm Anchor

It would probably be awesome, were it not for my tendency to change program....
Wings 3D is good, but it lacks some functions I highly value, and no other free program has them..... Or if it has the functions, they are hidden somewhere.....

--

Photobucket

TwinBeast
TwinBeast FBI Man
Mar 1 2007, 1:53pm Anchor

Nice ship! I think same.. you're gettin better with modeling :)

--

Mar 1 2007, 2:01pm Anchor

Thanks, but I've got no idea about what to model next... Maybe something I once drew in my notebooks during some classes.....

--

Photobucket

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Mar 1 2007, 2:10pm Anchor

What do you need what Blender3D has not? o.=.O

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

TwinBeast
TwinBeast FBI Man
Mar 1 2007, 2:27pm Anchor

Probably easier user interface :P Blender has nice functions, but it's WEIRD! (just like GIMP and Photoshop.. yes, Photoshop is WEIRD!!! That's why GIMP is weird too.. they should have made it more like Paint Shop Pro, which is SUPERCOOL!!!)

--

Mar 1 2007, 2:51pm Anchor

messing around with 3dsmax:
User Posted Image

also working (or doing just for fun) on these:
Ameba.lpt.fi
Ameba.lpt.fi
Ameba.lpt.fi

and then i should finish a couple websites & learn flash. damn i have trouble finishing stuff i get started on.

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Mar 1 2007, 2:56pm Anchor
Jimi wrote:Probably easier user interface :P Blender has nice functions, but it's WEIRD! (just like GIMP and Photoshop.. yes, Photoshop is WEIRD!!! That's why GIMP is weird too.. they should have made it more like Paint Shop Pro, which is SUPERCOOL!!!)

Well that's a matter of getting used to. I can not imagine a better GUI to work with than blender. Efficient use of mouse and keyboard in tandem for quick working with models. Granted they could have made a help list of keys to press as you need to know them to be lighting fast.

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

Macvek
Macvek Quake Fan
Mar 1 2007, 2:57pm Anchor
Jimi wrote:Probably easier user interface :P Blender has nice functions, but it's WEIRD! (just like GIMP and Photoshop.. yes, Photoshop is WEIRD!!! That's why GIMP is weird too.. they should have made it more like Paint Shop Pro, which is SUPERCOOL!!!)

I have no artistic abilities, but it took me few hours to learn most of functions of blender and gimp. The only philosophy is to constanly have one hand on keyboard and second on mouse :p

--

Because opensource matters...

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.