Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266
May 31 2014, 7:12pm Anchor

An impromptu appointment.

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Jun 5 2014, 4:48pm Anchor

A matte painting:

Matte Painting City

Took around 20 hours to finish. The space on the left is free, because it was planned to have an animated spotlight going on in there.

Best wishes

Jun 6 2014, 3:55am Anchor

WIP Title Screen:

User Posted Image

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Jun 6 2014, 2:07pm Anchor

That's a pretty cool matte painting, IQew. If you make the moon that extremely bright and large though it should reflect on the water among the other lights.

I was  researching and working on that space station. Despite looking very similar to my first take the interior layout of this version 2 of the Ouroboros Station is almost completely different from the rest. One thing that is confusing is that there is no concept of up and down in space, so I gave up on the idea of something being "walls" or "floor"; at least in the zero G sections. 

Ouroborus_Station_v_2
I
'll work on this some more this weekend. The textures are what will really make the difference, as I have researched images from all kinds of satellites, watched Documentaries and a couple of movies, such as Solaris, Gravity, Mission to Mars in preparation. The complicated thing is that I am going for a stylized texture which still gives a realistic impression.

--

User Posted Image

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Jun 6 2014, 7:51pm Anchor

Good night.

Good night sketch

cheers :)

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Jun 9 2014, 10:49am Anchor

Got my station ingame, even though it is without normal maps or actual textures yet. Everything has Uvs and flat color textures at the moment. 

Ouroborus Station

BUT - this is in realtime and using Global Illumination in Unreal Engine 4! Okay, a couple of features aren't working great, like the number of light bounces doesn't seem to get higher than 3 (or do anything if I set it higher than 3). I also can't get ambient occlusion to work, but most of that will be on the final texture anyway. I'm thrilled to get this work so easily and with such stable framerates! It means I don't need to bake any lightmaps or make second UV sets for baking. You see what you get and all changes are instant and final!

More work to come. Perhaps I'll figure out how to improve the looks, too.

Fnished the base texture for the center module. Text and Symbols will be added next as well as more detail.
center_module

Maya Screengrab
Station 1.0

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

Jun 14 2014, 12:52pm Anchor

Excited to reveal we've been working with freelance artist Wayne Peters, perhaps best known for his involvement with Mike Bithell's Volume. Here's a snapshot of some prop pieces he's done for us, although his contribution includes a whole range of environmental and incidental pieces. He's an absolute stirling gentlemen. Professional, diligent and a pleasure to work with. And fast. I can't recommend him enough.
 User Posted Image

And here are those pieces from my previous post in context:User Posted Image

Jun 16 2014, 9:11pm Anchor

Been working on Millions of Monsters for about 4 months now. Actually left a comfie game industry job to purse my dream of making my own game for a living.

I just added the game on Steam Greenlight (please vote!). I vastly underestimated the effort required to put it there. I've basically done nothing but work on this for 2 days. But it's been very interesting to read comments I've received etc...Back to coding now heh

Here is a trailer I made yesterday :

Edited by: alexmtl

Jun 17 2014, 2:04am Anchor

Been working on my first person horror game called Liveout.. 
Demo scheduled for next month. Making a small teaser for the game soon. Inspired by silent hill and outlast.

Screenshots

Jun 18 2014, 7:19pm Anchor

Made some concept art!

TLoTA: Skullzilla Battle by Kirbypwnage on deviantART

I also updated some characters and the GUI menus and such. Here:

Further updated characters + new GUI!

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Jun 19 2014, 6:00pm Anchor

Just finished my commission work for an indie author.

Sci-Fi Book Cover Art Sci-Fi Book Cover Art

Science Fiction Book Covers.

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Jun 20 2014, 10:30am Anchor

Moar Space Station! Planets are next. To give me some nice light and reflections. This is in Unreal 4 (screenshot/editor), using Global Illumination only!

spacey
Space_Station

And a couple of hours later:

planet
Space_SceneSpace_Scene

I still have to figure out the gold and why I am not getting reflections. Something for another day. Also, anyone have any tuts on making nice athmosphere for planets (Clouds + Glow)?

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Jun 25 2014, 6:52pm Anchor

Currently having some super slow internet, so I opened up Eclipse and just hacked around for a little while.

User Posted Image

I've written a little painting program, which has the same idea like alchemy. It immediately mirrors what you paint, which is a fun little tool to think about some rough shape designs. The symmetry helps the design process.

Of course, this is nowhere near alchemy, since I did this just for fun and without any further planning, quite the messy code. Also wanted to add a save option, but I ran into trouble with that and stopped for now.

Current features:
• Choosing a color with the 3 Sliders (red, green, blue)
• Choosing brushsize with a slider
• Eraser
• Full cleaning of the page

Edited by: iQew

Jul 5 2014, 3:35pm Anchor

"Licensed for private home exhibition only."

User Posted Image

Edited by: HiFiHair

Jul 7 2014, 6:35pm Anchor

Did some animation work for the trailer for an indie game, Aegis.
It will launch on Kickstarter on July 18th!
Technically there is a DEMO online, go ahead and contact them on the website to get the password!User Posted ImageAegis is a 2D platformer for PC that combines action/adventure with tower-defense inspired strategy.Aegis takes places in a world where a great calamity has brought humanity back to the dark ages and now ancient technology is wielded like powerful magic. You play as Bart and Clu, a pair of desperate Ruinhunters, in search of the one thing that can save their village from an encroaching empire - a legendary weapon known as Aegis.

Edited by: lai-studioguts

Jul 10 2014, 12:43pm Anchor

Screenshot

Jul 10 2014, 5:50pm Anchor

I'm a one-man-band working on Eastshade, which is an RPG who's sole operative is exploration.

Edited by: DannyWeinbaum

Jul 11 2014, 3:32am Anchor

DannyWeinbaum that looks awesome. Did you make the environment yourself? What engine is it in? Would you be interested in making an environment on another project?

I am working on an RPG/RTS/Survival game. I am a one man team, and as such have solely been working on mechanics, so it doesn't look too great, but works well - I release a dev video (or at least try too) once a week with my progress. So if you are interested be sure to check it out as per my signature.

Thanks

--

Hierarchy - Upcoming RTS/Strategy/Survival/RPG
HIERARCHY

Jul 11 2014, 5:34am Anchor
Glitch100 wrote:DannyWeinbaum that looks awesome. Did you make the environment yourself? What engine is it in? Would you be interested in making an environment on another project?

Thanks! Yeah made by yours truly. I'm a 3d environment artist by trade. Its Unity. Though I have my hands pretty full with my own game, I wish you the best of luck on yours.

Jul 13 2014, 7:48pm Anchor

Working on a bit of backstory.  For our lion, who lives in this lovely city,  which looks like
this in game.  He's called Bjorn McFri. :ninja:

Jul 14 2014, 2:33pm Anchor

spread the love.

Jul 18 2014, 1:15am Anchor

Wow, that environment in Eastshade looks amazing! Very impressive.

And now, since I don't like posting here without... posting, here:

Over the course of about two weeks I made an adventure game in RPG Maker where you play as a mad scientist's lab assistant. The reason it was using RPG Maker and made in only two weeks was because it was for a contest - unfortunately, I didn't realize that the deadline was European time and not western time until too late, and I missed the deadline by a few hours :(

But oh well, it was a fun experience, and while it's not all that good, I'll probably fix up a few bugs and put up a download here on Moddb anyway for the heck of it. It was also pretty exhausting, since the contest was technically for 30 days but I didn't join until the month was half over, thus the two week development time.

So yeah, then to take a (hopefully) short break, I finally bought and started playing Skyrim. Why does that matter here? 'Cause I've been chronicling my rather amusing journeys through Tamriel in a semi-in-character journal of sorts here on Moddb, each entry covering one in-game day. Hopefully it's good for a laugh, if anyone's interested I've got the first three Days up here.

So yeah, that's all the productive game-related stuff I've been up to.

Cheers!

Jul 18 2014, 3:24am Anchor

Recently finished a game called Jawsome for mobile devices, turned out more fun than we've hoped for. We tried to do take it a silly and fairly over-the-top approach to the gameplay and realism in general which worked out pretty well. The difficulty is also pretty high, but that's on purpose and the gameplay loop is really short, which was a challenge to balance properly. 

JAWESOME screens
We wanted to implement leaderboards for both iOS and Android, iOS was not a problem at all, but Android is causing us all sorts of problems we did not anticipate, so that's what I am sitting with right now, not the most interesting thing really, but it has to be done. Other than that we are trying to launch our main game called Block Amok, but since our publisher is based in Israel, things are moving slowly these days :/ If you want to take a closer look at our stuff our website is www.allcapsgame.com.

Cheerio!

Jul 19 2014, 10:27am Anchor

Moddb.com Check it out. http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Jul 20 2014, 6:28am Anchor

User Posted Image

I just finished working on the first playable preview of my game Gravitus. It's going to be quite cool with online leaderboard and such, from developer perspective it's pretty cool to follow the players' progress using the stats system. Here are some screenshots from my statistics:

User Posted Image
User Posted Image

You can download the game yourself here (Windows only at this point): Kometbomb.net

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.