Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265
Feb 27 2014, 3:37am Anchor

My first flash game called Drowning. (It uses the Starling framework, although I don't have any plans to go on to mobile as of now).

User Posted Image
My page doesn't have as much content as I'd like, but there should be a small gameplay video out this week.

Constructive criticism is always helpful.

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

Edited by: RoaM92

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Mar 2 2014, 2:20am Anchor

Animated headers?

Moddb.com

See where it goes :S

Edited by: TKAzA

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

Mar 2 2014, 6:44am Anchor

Hey guys!

I'm working on Invader Attack 2, that's my personal project: Codergames.com

It has been going on for a while, only 3 years or so, but I'm finally keen on finishing it. It's still missing many features, models, textures, levels, achievements, bosses, music, etc. but there is a video showing progress.

Other than that, as a part of my day job, I work on a 3d RPG game, the details of which I'm not allowed to release due to signed NDA, but you need to do something to pay the bills. I'm not having fun doing so, it's more fun working on Invader Attack 2, I'm currently doing AIs for the next type of invader and it's fun. I'll also start composing another music tune depicting fast-paced battles happening on screen.

Mar 2 2014, 9:59pm Anchor

Few bug fixes later and I've partially implemented a color wheel. Not entirely sure if the color wheel is efficient but that's what pre-release testers are for :P 
Probably should start working on icons soon. 

Mar 4 2014, 1:06pm Anchor

Thought I'd join in as well. Working on a 2.5D platforming game called The Legend of The Artifact (TLoTA for short). It's made for up to four players, with four different characters with each their skill and traits (plus unlockable characters).
It also has 10 worlds to play through with collectibles on each level. Along with this it also has lots of secret levels to unlock, and of course a huge fat prize if you get all the important collectibles.
There is also at least one mini boss each world (there are 9 worlds to start with) and one boss each world as well.

I haven't gotten into making each level feel so unique just yet, but it is starting to get better at that, along with also more detailed levels. At the moment it does in fact support up to four players locally. I'm doing my best to create my own universe with my own unique characters, and I hope it can become a great addition to the platformer genre in the end. Anyways, here are some pictures (with a link) for anyone interested, thanks for hearing me out. :D
Indiedb.com

Preview pictures
Trisanthemum Boss

Preview pictures

Preview pictures
Preview pictures

Mar 7 2014, 7:40am Anchor

Hi all, I find it sad that the space-based 3D RTS genre has died a death, games like Nexus: The Jupiter incident, Homeworld and Starfleet Command just aren't around any more so I feel its time to don my indie cap and get amongst my companions. I'm developing a 3D RTS taking micromanagement and strong storyline elements from Starfleet command and Nexus: The Jupiter incident and blending them with the ship building principles of Sins of a Solar Empire.

Someone wrote:Guide a set of battle-cruisers through a complex and intriguing scenario, using resources to advance weaponry and skills. Mine those resources to ensure your fleet remains prepared as you advance through the detailed narrative. Micromanage power distribution, damage and training on your flagships while at the same time producing smaller ships like cruisers, frigates, corvettes and fighters to compliment your flag ships and prepare the front lines for what is about to become very shallow space.

Edited by: mawhrin-skel

Mar 7 2014, 7:48am Anchor

A UT3 mission map using (mostly) non-custom assets:

It's basically a demo reel for scripting in kismet, material and asset creation on a basic level and general ability to create and polish a respectable environment.

Track me on my moddb user page for more shots and such :3

Edited by: TotalSnappy

Mar 7 2014, 7:03pm Anchor

Level editor for BouncyBall (god I have to change the name), trying to add primitive scripting to add some flavor to the levels. So... no screenshots. For now.

I'm also thinking about making the entry here for that game...

Mar 7 2014, 9:04pm Anchor

Hi,
I'm 2d artist from Bunker and i'm trying to do a nice texture/shader for this floor, sci-fi environment of this game bellow.

all the game is about lights, very fast movements and hi-tech stuffs, i need some ideas for this floor, anyone can help me with tips ?

thanks .

Reginaldo 
Bunker Team

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Mar 7 2014, 9:36pm Anchor
DanqueDynasty wrote:Few bug fixes later and I've partially implemented a color wheel. Not entirely sure if the color wheel is efficient but that's what pre-release testers are for :P 
Probably should start working on icons soon. 

Hey, I love what you're doing there! I use the colorwheel plugin in Photoshop and it has the neat feature of letting you chose complementary colors at a click of a button. Maybe you can implement that (it's basically just a hue change by 180°). Cool stuff here lately, so far in development already! I like to see some more WIP and making of, too.

--

User Posted Image

Death_Octimus
Death_Octimus Mr Maya
Mar 8 2014, 11:27am Anchor

Shaunboundy.co.uk <<- better to click here.

For you gun buffs.

update to PLEASE some people I fixed the the image ;)

Edited by: Death_Octimus

--

Death Octimus

[ Portfolio ]

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Mar 8 2014, 12:14pm Anchor
Death_Octimus wrote:SA80 High Poly

Shaunboundy.co.uk <<- better to click here.

For you gun buffs.

How did you manage to get it so squashed on Moddb? On the other link it looks totally fine.

1) Hmm, scaling: who puts an Acog scope on top of a sniper scope AND scales it down to about 1/3rd its size? -Nobody!

2) Do you  know what those "bricks" on the side and top of the gun are? They are a railing system which clips the various attachments into place. They are not just beveled cubes. I don't know what their purpose is here. I don't see that the flashlight is actually using the rail system. 

Proportions are a major issue here. Look at how the front grip and the handgrip line up. And how close they are. Nothing fits together. The volume of the gun body does hardly change. It seems to have a huge barrel (50 cal), but then again the body seems to be from an assault rifle, while the grips and trigger look like SMG. And this rifle is even better documented, as a real-life weapon. Technically there is nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't look quite like its original:

Military-page.de

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

Death_Octimus
Death_Octimus Mr Maya
Mar 8 2014, 6:16pm Anchor

because your looking at the wrong version have a good day...

--

Death Octimus

[ Portfolio ]

Mar 8 2014, 7:24pm Anchor

Currently working on my new game called lavarun!
It's a endless runner kind of game.

Heres a link to the demo if you want to check it out.
tarhabi.itch.io/lavarun

Mar 9 2014, 12:41pm Anchor

@SinKing Thanks. Lately I've run into some problems with the color wheel, getting feedback properly. Also working on a lot of internal restructuring going on. 

Also hello all, been working on something not exactly video game related, but still game related. As part of a FIRST Robotics Team, we had our competition this weekend. It was amazing, my team ranked 12 out of 60 teams. 

Now back to actual Video Game Development! :P

Mar 9 2014, 4:37pm Anchor

Hi guys we just finished our first game, Tanuki Forest.  We are a two man team. 

Trailer is here:
Youtube.com

game is here and is free: www.appstore.com/tanukiforest

Mar 10 2014, 7:42pm Anchor

Hey guys!

We just posted a few new screens of LOST ORBIT!
Check out our game page and and help vote us up on Greenlight!!

Thanks!
- PixelNAUTS

LOST ORBIT

LOST ORBIT

LOST ORBIT

Edited by: PixelNAUTS

Mar 12 2014, 3:03pm Anchor

I'm working on Facade. If you want to see the non-squished image, check out our page.
Recent in-game screenshot

Edited by: sythe

Mar 13 2014, 12:12pm Anchor

Hi everyone, I made a thread, but I figured I'd share here, too.

My name is Ryan, and my development team recently launched Spectre on Kickstarter.

In Spectre, the goal is essential to scare your opposition. Up to three players control Seekers, who work together to survive and defeat the Spectre. One player controls Spectre, who can set traps to startle and disorient the others before going in for the kill. Seekers can "sense" the Spectre approaching, as creepy audio and visual cues grow more intense as the Spectre draws closer.

Spectre supports the Oculus Rift, Sixense Hydra/STEM, Virtuix Omni, controls, as well as standard mouse/keyboard and monitor setups. 

Spectre focuses on building suspense, and hands the scares to the players. Through Spectre's kickstarter, we are shooting to raise enough funds to finish developing and publish the game. Our goal is to publish Spectre on Steam. We're launching our Steam Greenlight campaign soon!

Mar 15 2014, 2:03am Anchor

Working on a killing floor map that's in beta, (if anyone plays that) so you can check it out.

Steamcommunity.com

Mar 15 2014, 12:28pm Anchor
This project is called Of Blood and Water (http://www.moddb.com/mods/of-blood-and-water) and is a source modification

The mod surrounds the events at the A.G. Foundation Research Station in Antarctic,

inspired by the real life Palmer Station, the Source mod Black Snow and
Resident Evil remake, this mod will be mostly non combat with emphasis
on believable environments, factual where possible, gut twisting
internal areas and a slow burning story.

We are looking for people to create props, inventory systems, textures and particle effects.  Also require web and music designer.

Thank you
Of Blood and Water

--

"...if there's one thing I can't abide, it's betrayal..."

Mar 15 2014, 3:02pm Anchor

Been playing with code generated background for Orbstinate:

User Posted Image

At the moment, clouds change color based on the color of the ball.

Mar 15 2014, 9:02pm Anchor

Retexturing a few elements starting with a rifle. Haven't done textures in a long while so it's a learning curve...
Original: Videogame-art.com
Bloody Mary version...

Mar 18 2014, 6:39pm Anchor

Hey everyone, a couple weeks ago, we launched Spectre on Kickstarter. We're now half-way into our campaign, and 65% funded. Thanks for your support thus far. If you're interested in backing the kickstarter to get the game to its goal, you can do so here:

Now, we've brought Spectre to Steam Greenlight. Steam needs more Rift games in its library. It'd be a huge help if you could vote for us!

Mar 20 2014, 3:43pm Anchor
We just added the first gameplay footage of LOST ORBIT! Check it out and let us know what you think.
Vote for us on Steam Greenlight!

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.