Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262
J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Dec 16 2013, 1:26am Anchor

SinKing: Looks cool. Maybe the character blends a bit too much to the background. The tudor houses remind me that I want to make some tudor house looking stuff too..

--

I got around animating my monsters. Was pretty easy with basing them on the player's animations, Blender is pretty cool with loading animations to other models/skeletons that aren't the same size. The animations work almost without any adjustment.

So, here's some videos... idling and action...

Monsters Idling - Mod DB

Monsters in Action - Mod DB

They're still missing their unique gibs, better AO bakes and sounds... and there was some trouble with particle trails...

Edited by: J_C_A

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
Dec 19 2013, 4:45pm Anchor

Hey folks, first time poster!

I'm currently hammering out graphical details on my game War At Sea(Right here!), and trying to pretty it up a bit before the Holidays.
I'll be seeing a lot of family for the first time in ages, and would like them to see my game Dev as a serious en-devour...
Sadly, that means I gotta focus on graphics over code for the next few days :(.

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Dec 19 2013, 9:06pm Anchor

Hey Travis, welcome to the forums! I hope you get all the feedback you need here. If you prefer focusing on code, why not find an artist? There are quite a lot around and some may have just the style you need. Your lowpoly models could look better if you made smoothing groups. Don't know if that is still to come or if you want to have the faceted look.

I have been toying with an idea for a while now. This concept is mainly motivated by the fact that the most vulnerable time when running from Zombies would be...well when you have to go! In order to  avoid this zombie-toilet-dilemma I found the perfect solution! I give you the Toilet Trike!

Toilet_Trike
This concept was really fun to make. I did some research in order to have all the parts together. I made a moodboard and then started drawing. Couldn't stop, until I was finished with the first draft ^^. I hope to make a more refined version and then model this thing in 3D.

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

Dec 21 2013, 4:20pm Anchor

Hi All!
Our new title under development is Sir Hoppity: Challenge of the Dragon.  It is an platform RPG featuring character art and design from my son, so it comes together as pretty hilarious at times.  We have an open beta right now - details on our IndieDB page HERE

Trailer for Sir Hoppity: Challenge of the Dragon - Indie DB

Edited by: CodedKevin

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Dec 21 2013, 7:43pm Anchor

That's pretty cool CodedKevin! I think you could have taken his designs and flesh them out some more and it would have fit a bit better with the rest of the style. However, I see your point about how this is funny. Cool thing! I especially liked the aliens in the beginning, the snakes and that "cat" at ~ 1:40. But all the other designs are cool too. Your son is good at drawing.

I'm sometimes not so bad either. The toilet is a bit out of perspective, but here is the first update on the "Toileteer" (formerly known as Toilet Trike^^). I think it can still be made to look much cooler, so make some suggestions, and I will add whatever crazy shit you come up with. Unless it is bigger and heavier than the entire trike (so no: nuclear submarine, etc).

Once I'm done concepting, I will model this thing. I also need suggestions for the driver. And I'm not sure which engine to use, since I never modeled any engine parts. This could be the hardest part to get right.

toileteer

--

User Posted Image

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Dec 21 2013, 7:53pm Anchor

And if you take a dump on that one the poo flings out out of the exhaust pipe into the face of the guy riding right behind you? :D

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Dec 22 2013, 7:06am Anchor
Dragonlord wrote:And if you take a dump on that one the poo flings out out of the exhaust pipe into the face of the guy riding right behind you? :D

that comment made my day! :)

Actually the aircooler sits on the front and the one pipe separates in two, to the left and right side of the toilet. That's why it is on this pedestal.The toilet will just dump onto the road.  I think it might look better if I actually use pipes there, so I will consider it for the next draft, thank you!

Any more input? My original idea was to put Jesus as a driver and have him ride over water. Flying beard and all. And all in a nice render, perhaps with Arion. However, Santa (with his pants down) would also look nice ^^. I'm not making characters, so if anyone wanna collaborate on this, send me a PM. What else would you add to make it look cooler? I've been thinking of spikes and saw blades and maybe some metal "thorns" on the wheel axis. Also, how should I paint it? Right now I'm thinking rusty camo style, since it is made from scrap mostly. But if you have some other themes, go ahead! I'd really like to make the most out of this concept, because I am actually enjoying working on it. The crazier ideas, the better. Also welcome are suggestions for other additions, like a caravan made out of... don't write poop! ;)

Merry Christmas everyone!

--

User Posted Image

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Dec 22 2013, 1:03pm Anchor

I would not make it rusty. This would sort of kill the model. Bikers tend to keep their rides shiny (if I'm not mistaken). So even if it is made out of scrap I guess the owner would keep it as shiny as he could. After all a flashy bike allows for some nice environmental reflections which is the only thing making metals interesting to look at. Maybe add some bumper-stickers to it like "Born to poop" or some other persiflage on typical biker slogans (or something like this?). Some fluttering strings around the handle might be interesting with something personal (like a reindeer key chain for santa or something like this). Just some thoughts from the side line. I don't know biker stuff at all so I might be serving some clichés here.

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Dec 23 2013, 4:44am Anchor

Getting ready to open the pressies!

Right back to work!

Edited by: TKAzA

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Dec 31 2013, 9:02am Anchor

Still now news? Is everyone in hybernation ^^? I made another version of the toileteer and decided I don't want to model it. Even though it is interesting, it's not the kind of design I want to do right now. So I came up with the concept for this truck that is kind of like a bunker on wheels. I'm gonna start modeling today and will probably refine the design. Here's the concept sketch:

Fallout_Vehicle
H
ere is the first blockout of the thing. I only added the "chrome" bars on the front windows. There will be more on the front bumpers and back wheel and probably on the back. I'll also model the grill as a separate piece. 
 fallout_vehicles
S
tage 2
 fallout_RV
I
'll optimize the Stage 2 for a lowpoly. I can save a lot of polygons by otimizing this mesh. I just keep one version, in case I want to make a highpoly. So far I think I'll only make a good looking texture and do some Ndo2 details.

Started with the diffuse base 
RV_paint_Stage_2

--

User Posted Image

Jan 12 2014, 2:37pm Anchor

Phew haven't been on moddb for a looong time.. Awesome to see people really improving and such.
@SinKing Awesome looking vehicle!
As for me, working on opening a small web-shop for selling my poster stuff.. Made this today, inspired by a russian documentary about their grand invention, screw drive vehicle (Supposedly beats any other type of all-terrain vehicles, or so they say.. :D )
Screw Your Enemies!

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Jan 12 2014, 8:34pm Anchor

Cool Flash112! I like this vehicle and saw it in some videos before. While it does actually "screw" it isn't a very fearsome tank weapon though ^^

I started my next project, as I really want to create and compile an Architectural Visualisation with UDK. I've seen it done and downloaded a few examples, and I keep thinking I can do that too. Started 3 days ago by planning the scene and materiality. I'll add landscape, foliage and skybox, when I'm done texturing and like it. So far everything went as planned, here is the first screenshot from the project. The house is going to be build into a hillside.
Arch_Viz

--

User Posted Image

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Jan 12 2014, 11:03pm Anchor

Erm, I made my self a cintiq. :ninja:

Home made cintiq

--

TKAzA

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Jan 13 2014, 7:47pm Anchor

Haven't posted something in a while mainly because I didn't create something. Here's an older grayscale sketch and a concept I did just for fun yesterday night, as I was inspired to doodle around when I started listening to some music.

Grayscale Sketch

Forest Concept

Hope you like 'em ;)

cheers.

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Jan 14 2014, 10:23am Anchor

Some asked for a demo.

Moddb.com

Home made cintiq demo - Mod DB

--

TKAzA

ShiftedDesign
ShiftedDesign Levels are my thing
Jan 15 2014, 2:25pm Anchor

Been working on weapon modeling.

Edited by: ShiftedDesign

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
Portfolio: Ianowen.net

Jan 15 2014, 5:27pm Anchor

I'm working on my game Below Kryll.

Its a platformer with one seamless world, that lets its player not only play in it, but build and extend it themselves.
Every level or NPC dialog, fight scene or quest you'll see, was created in-game.

Below Kryll - Unstoppable by Zubit - Mod DB

Below Kryll level editor

Jan 15 2014, 5:58pm Anchor

First post here in the forums. :) I'm sure a bunch of you have seen this on other forums/sites but I wanted to share some of the finished work we made for our game prototype Blubber Busters.  

Feel free to check out more work on our page here

Jan 17 2014, 9:31am Anchor

Working on getting Operation Starcrusher released.

You can check out it's page here

Jan 20 2014, 3:26pm Anchor

@Smackware Heh cute platformer! ^_^ The sound can get a bit irritating though (because of the amount of enemies?), but the art direction seems really nice
@MaddyTaylor Epic texturing and awesome modeling. Should do more low-poly and texturing myself ahh.. Where did you do the textures anyway, MARI ?
@Lightang3l Awesome looking game, really reminds me of "Really Big Sky"

As for myself been working on opening up a small web-shop.. Still have to refine a ton of things so pretty much everything is placeholders. Still I'd really appreciate Your criticism on anything you have! *Dont be afraid to be harsh ha ha   P.S Not spamming, could use some honest opinions though..
Fawkes.bigcartel.com

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

Jan 22 2014, 4:47am Anchor

Hi everyone, i'm a zero-budget Unity3d game dev spreading the word about my games and i wanted to let you know they are available now for Android devices and playable at Kongregate. "Colour Sudoku" is classic Sudoku using colours instead of numbers. You can try the FREE Demo or get the Full version for 99 cents at : Play.google.com and Amazon.co.uk  Also "Colour Sudoku" and my latest demo of a work-in-progress "Twelve12Steps", a Maze Puzzle Game, are both available at : Kongregate.com Please give them a try, rate and comment. For GamePlay vids and latest news you can follow me at : www.facebook.com/Zerobudgetgamedev  Twitter @netherscene Thank you, netherscene (Robert Nurse).

Jan 24 2014, 1:34pm Anchor

A Pit Droid I'm working on.
User Posted Image

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Jan 27 2014, 5:54pm Anchor

Doodled around a little today to relax from exam stress:

Mountains Sketch

Not entirely happy with the result since it's quite boring and lacks a real selling-point, but it was just to relax, so that's okay :)

andrewty07
andrewty07 VFX Nomad
Jan 27 2014, 7:39pm Anchor

Nice doodling though, it still is a good exercise to do and nicely shows depth in the scene.

Jan 28 2014, 1:53pm Anchor

The studio I work at launched a Unity-based free to play online first person shooter experience called "Mech Mice Academy". It's a ton of fun, and a bit of throw back to the Goldeneye/Quake/Unreal Tournament days. Check it out below; we'd love to get your feedback! You can follow our development progress at the second blog link: 
Mechmice.com
Mechmice.com

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.