Themes
Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 267
SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 13 2013, 12:53pm Anchor

I'm almost done with my map. Still adding sounds and have to dress interiors. This was/is a fun task and made me look deeper into a few functions of UKD - or LDK in this case (ROTT editor). Here are some of my favorite screenshots so far:

Airtime_TempleAirtime_TempleAirtime_Temple

--

User Posted Image

Nov 13 2013, 12:55pm Anchor

We have just put together a short video with the Short Circuit track, just a sneak peek:

Short Circuit track sneak peek - Indie DB

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 14 2013, 9:12pm Anchor

SinKing: Looks kinda green/monochromatic. Sort of a foggy/dreamy atmosphere. The earlier color was more natural looking.

rimau: Looking pretty cool. Haven't played any good motorbike games since Motoracer 1...

--

I made some Anti-Tank Rifle. Need to put the left hand into a better place, so ignore it being in a wrong place...

Anti-Tank Rifle Ingame

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
Nov 15 2013, 1:35pm Anchor

Damn that thing looks terrifying to your biceps. Have you considered making it a bullpup? It kind of looks like he's about to fall flat onto his face. :P

Edited by: GC_Vos

Nov 15 2013, 7:57pm Anchor

Lost Crypts, a flash multiplayer dungeon crawler:

Lostcrypts.com

90-second gameplay clip:

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 15 2013, 10:23pm Anchor

GC_Vos: He could use it single handedly :rambo:
Also there's not going to be any place to put the ammo in the weapon.

justkevin: The particle effects seem a bit heavy...

--

I improved my earlier Pulse Rifle model to match the style of the other weapons. Keep ignoring the left hand in wrong place...

Pulse Rifle Ingame

Edited by: J_C_A

--

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 17 2013, 8:35am Anchor
J_C_A wrote:SinKing: Looks kinda green/monochromatic. Sort of a foggy/dreamy atmosphere. The earlier color was more natural looking.

I thought this current look would go better with the whole Triad-Nazi thing that is going on in ROTT. It got a bit more green than I wanted, too. Probably needs a little tweaking of the LUT.

I like your weapon designs. The size is very oldschool (them being larger than characters ^^) and the shapes are really good. I can tell what is which weapon class by looking at them. I'd like you try to take on some smaller guns, like SMG or Pistols and see how they turn out. 

What did you do with the material? Is it highly modular? It looks like you have the floor material everywhere, except that it may have a few parameters and masks, to e.g. give it a checker texture. Would be interesting to see how you build that material. Nice job!

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

Nov 17 2013, 1:58pm Anchor
SinKing wrote:I thought this current look would go better with the whole Triad-Nazi thing that is going on in ROTT. It got a bit more green than I wanted, too. Probably needs a little tweaking of the LUT.

It all depends on the mood you want to create and how well will everything fit together. This kind of colors can work pretty well if they get some kind of "origin". One of the best examples would be "The Matrix", with it's green vs blue ambient for both of the realities.

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 17 2013, 2:34pm Anchor

My usual level texture workflow:
1) Paint some noise/colors on a few layers and blend them together to get it look like some material
2) Paint some greyscale shapes, like tiles, bricks, wall panels.. then overlay them on the material
3) Then save them all into images to be used in the game

With this texture I also had those darker colors overlayed on some of them. Step 3 gets kinda annoying when there's lots of layers that I need to click visible/invisible... I don't usually do any mixed material textures, since they would require lots more clicking in step 3.

When I do more textures, I'll probably mix it up more, so I don't use the same materials on the walls, floors and ceilings...

I think I'll try to get some monsters in before I make more guns. Should also do ammo pickups and muzzle flashes for these current ones.

Here's some action:

New Guns in Action - Mod DB

--

Nov 17 2013, 8:45pm Anchor

. . . I have no other comments but "wow" on pictures and videos here.

I slowed down my game because of college projects... but I managed to finish level editor:
Level Editor 

I'll probably have to reduce the size of cursor...

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 18 2013, 7:42am Anchor
J_C_A wrote:My usual level texture workflow:
1) Paint some noise/colors on a few layers and blend them together to get it look like some material
2) Paint some greyscale shapes, like tiles, bricks, wall panels.. then overlay them on the material
3) Then save them all into images to be used in the game

With this texture I also had those darker colors overlayed on some of them. Step 3 gets kinda annoying when there's lots of layers that I need to click visible/invisible... I don't usually do any mixed material textures, since they would require lots more clicking in step 3.

I think I'll try to get some monsters in before I make more guns. Should also do ammo pickups and muzzle flashes for these current ones.

The thing I was inquiring about regarded the modularity of your material. It's something I have been trying to learn more of and find myself struggling with. It's an organisational effort to split your UVs and Textures into "zones" to be used and re-used with UDK material functions, such as parameter changes. A nice example is the "bathhouse" scene, where one of Epic's artists made a small level available for download, which has only 1 material for most of the scene. Trying to keep things tight and minimal, yet getting the highest fidelity result is one of the things I am the most interested in. There are so many ways to optimize our workflow with realtime engines; it's also kinda fascinating to me :)

Here's the bathhouse scene for you to download and look at:
Mutantspoon.com

--

User Posted Image

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 18 2013, 2:37pm Anchor

Well, the brush primitives used to build Quake/etc engine levels are pretty modular... Any texture can be used any brush...

--

Nov 21 2013, 6:10am Anchor

@ J_C_A  He's a strong guy! :P

Just finished a new AFV...

BPR-18 'Bison' AFV
BPR-18 'Bison' AFV

Nov 21 2013, 10:17am Anchor

We are delighted to say we have just finished working on our first proper game!!  Goldbeard was finished and uploaded today, it's still pending approval as I type this but we would all be really happy if people played it and gave us some honest feedback :) 

GoldBeard!
Shocking!
GoldBeard!

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Nov 21 2013, 7:11pm Anchor

Currently working on an inventory system from scratch. I've already startet that little project of mine a while ago, but abandonded it after various bugs, which made me go nuts, because the code wasn't written clean enough. Now (being more experienced), I'm giving it another try. Right now it's just a little program, which generates this grid for you, which you can customize via various paramters.

User Posted Image

Next is going to be the overall logic of the inventory holding items, which can have various graphics etc. I'll see how it develops :)

Best wishes
Kjell

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 22 2013, 1:45am Anchor

GC_Vos: The cannons seem kinda rusted... or are they like broken or old?

PunchScreen: Looks pretty nice.. but half the screen is like black... so maybe some more light.. some wall torches or something?

--

Done some respawning monsters, items, and HUB level that connects to other levels. Levels can be played in pretty much any order then.

HUB Level Other Level

Some closeups on the items:
HeartSphere Ammo

Exterminate! Exterminate!

Dalek

Edited by: J_C_A

--

Nov 24 2013, 5:46am Anchor
J_C_A wrote:GC_Vos: The cannons seem kinda rusted... or are they like broken or old?

You're right, they are rusted. Been trying to find an alternative for the barrels but I haven't found one with a decent texture ;)

I like your yellow robot. Reminds me of R2...

Nov 24 2013, 7:36am Anchor

It's called a Dalek, and it's from this little show called Doctor Who. Maybe you've heard of it?

And they were around at least 10 years before Lucas even came up with Artoo.

--

I snark, therefore, I am.

User Posted Image
The reason behind this banner will be revealed in due time....

Nov 24 2013, 7:42am Anchor

It did look familiar! I think I once had a toy that looks like it.

Never was a big Doctor fan ;) Thanks for pointing it out

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 24 2013, 12:10pm Anchor
TerranAmbassador wrote:It's called a Dalek, and it's from this little show called Doctor Who. Maybe you've heard of it?

And they were around at least 10 years before Lucas even came up with Artoo.

I was sooo wondering which yellow robot he was talking about ^^ Thanks for clearing that up! Seriously - for some reason you stop thinking of Daleks as robots entirely after knowing what they are. I have been draftin' sketches for that post apocalyptic playground setting we all love so much ;)

some designsEntrocityEntrocity

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

Nov 24 2013, 3:37pm Anchor
GC_Vos wrote:Never was a big Doctor fan ;) Thanks for pointing it out

Neither am I.

--

I snark, therefore, I am.

User Posted Image
The reason behind this banner will be revealed in due time....

ninjadave
ninjadave Aka Dave
Nov 24 2013, 5:23pm Anchor

I just wanted to make/play a game where you free roam and hunt monsters.

--

----
"Assaultman67 proudly rates a 7 out of 10 for Dave's interesting level."

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 25 2013, 8:21am Anchor

Updated and fixed perspective (a little). I'm excited about my little project, but it will need a lot of art. It's really interesting how much a project can change visually, when you start to understand why you are being generic about some designs. 

next_version_town

--

User Posted Image

Nov 25 2013, 6:35pm Anchor

I like it! Then again I have a weakness for monochrome. Love the small details like the ferris wheel in the background. Good atmosphere.

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 27 2013, 4:04pm Anchor

SinKing: Cool drawings.. could work in some comic book too.

ninjadave: The mountains in the distance look a bit too complex compared to the other stuff. There could be some flowers and rocks on the ground. Maybe some fallen trees or tree stumps, and some smaller bushes.

--

And here's something else that's not clear if it's a robot or what... I'll probably make the tail spike longer, and try something else for the spike arm...

Flyer/Medium 001

--

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.