Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 266
TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Oct 20 2013, 11:54am Anchor

Did you know Kinect can now scan in 3D with color :D
Vertex coloring so mesh res affects the texture but gives a good base and you can always extract the texture from the verts.

Microsoft.com

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

Oct 20 2013, 1:00pm Anchor

Aaah, yes I know that one,, Its quite good, simply adds another pass, its similar to the shader I coded before, where fog is based on worldposition.  I use exactly the same technique on my environments, to create a height gradient..  the global fog shader uses the depth as well, its about as expensive as regular depth fog..  not that much difference, xcept it adds some drawcalls..

Oct 21 2013, 8:39pm Anchor

Concepts for the "Crystal Mage" enemy's head appearance...

Unlike most of the non-mechanical enemies, the Crystal Mages originated in the hero's home universe, supposedly OUR EARTH almost a century after a machine began tearing holes in the fabric of reality.

Basically a bunch of human cultists who worship crystal tried to harness the power inherent in them. They made contact with a demon who offered them the "Power of Crystal". It didn't tell them it would cost them their humanity and their very souls. (Those aren't headpieces, they are their skulls.) When offered the chance to be given direct control over crystal, they jumped at the chance without thought of consequences

They thought they would have control over it, but remain human. But such was not the case

Their bones transformed into crystal, and the rounded skulls sprouted the crystal spires. Tearing through the scalps slowly and painfully, much as a child 's first teeth do through the gums.their joints are in constant pain as the smoothly rounded bones became angular, their appearance is such they can no longer mingle with normal humans. Due to this their rage has grown immensly and they no longer have a human conscience to hold them in check so they act what they feel.

Oct 22 2013, 1:28pm Anchor

Been working on this lately.. Planning on doing loads of different parts/addons

Edited by: Chris.Y

Oct 27 2013, 11:35am Anchor

Last night we made a game in 0 hours. That's right, ZERO HOURS, during the 0h Game Jam (0hgame.eu) from 2AM to 2AM durnig the daylight saving time change. Sure we got preparred by writing down the idea and everything, testing some solutions in pieces, but then, in the middle of the night, we got together (6 people) to make this:
Leon. The death story of a teleporting chameleon. Click the link to play the game: Cameleon-labs.com

Anyone elese participated? Or maybe someone is planning to take part in the US edition in 6 days?

Oct 29 2013, 6:55am Anchor

Some Piano stuff Youtube.com

Oct 30 2013, 4:14am Anchor

I'm planning out another game project. Just got done brainstorming with some guys about it. Somehow during the process I ended up committing myself to writing a bunch of spells and doing up 2 alternate graphics of each of the spellbook pages for the project...

Basically each page will display in the Futhark syllabary(Nordic Runes) but English spelling, until it is learned at which time the graphic will be switched to the same spell in the English alphabet.

This is gonna take forever, especially since I don't even have the spell LIST written yet!

Well, not quite... I do have 4 of them basically done except for minor edits...

I had done those 4 as a scroll for an illustration for my book quite a while back, but since I took those 4 spells straight from the book, I can take the illustration from it too and just edit it to look like an old book page instead of an unrolled scroll, right?

Storyline synopsis:
Basically, a boy goes to a convention with an antique spellbook he found, cosplaying as a magician, but accidentally casts a real spell as the antique book turns out to be a real grimoire. This brings some unwanted attention, and now he has to recruit allies to help him stay alive while he races to figure out how to either destroy the book or otherwise render it useless to the villains.

Edited by: Cadh20000

Nov 5 2013, 9:17am Anchor

It looks cool that's for sure. But what does it actually say? :P

Nov 5 2013, 7:36pm Anchor

IF translated letter by letter into English rather than word by word(it is gibberish if done word by word) it reads;

The Summoning of the Elementals

Salamander
Spirit of the Fire, I conjure thee
Spirit of the Flames, I command thee
Spirit of the Inferno, I call thee
At my command, pierce the barrier
At my call, come to me
Appear to me, Salamander
Obey me, Salamander

Undine
Spirit of the Water, I conjure thee
Spirit of the Current, I command thee
Spirit of the Torrent, I call thee
At my call, come to me
Appear to me, Undine
Obey me, Undine

Sylph
Spirit of the Air, I conjure thee
Spirit of the Wind, I command thee
Spirit of the Gale, I call thee
At my call, come to me
Appear to me, Sylph
Obey me, Sylph

Golem
Spirit of the Earth, I conjure thee
Spirit of the Ground, I command thee
Spirit of the Stone, I call thee
At my call, come to me
Appear to me, Golem
Obey me, Golem

Nov 7 2013, 3:53pm Anchor

Hello! I have been working on an episode-based adventure RPG called The Legend of Equip > Pants. (Dev Log on IndieDB)

title screen.

Check out the 
teaser trailer on YouTube.

I just submitted to Apple for approval on iOS yesterday.  The game will come out on Facebook/Chrome for Win/Mac/Linux after iOS.

game on iphone 

underwerewolf 

Episode One is titled "The Underwerewolf" 

I've been posting about the game on IndieDB for awhile now, but haven't been frequenting the forums.

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 10 2013, 8:06pm Anchor

Equip Pants looks fun. How did it go? Did you get approval by Apple?
Also a really nice looking Mac there, Chris! Clean with nice detail. I always like it when we get to see wireframes too, though ^^
It's always interesting to study how others model, I think.

I am working on a map for Rise of the Triad. I am currently using the Ludicrous Development Kit, which was released with ROTT'S latest patch 1.2.

ROTT_map

ROTT_map

ROTT_map

I'll update when I have finished dressing and color graded the map. I also need to work some more on the interior area. I'll show that in another update.

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

Nov 10 2013, 8:19pm Anchor

That's Wolfenstein right? Is it easy to use?

I just put some final touches to Wonderland in Dunia:

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 10 2013, 8:30pm Anchor

@ GC_Vos - could you upload your videos without music, too? I know it's stupid that Youtube doesn't allow me to watch videos without music instead. The thing is a lot of stuff gets blocked in Germany, because we have a very stupid organisation here that controls artist's "rights" (while putting most of the money in their own pockets, heh). Or use music that isn't copyrighted, anything will work.

It's not Wolfenstein, it's Rise of the Triad! :) Kinda all the same origin though. I was on the team and made some props for the game. Now I want to make my first proper map for it. The editor is basically the same as UDK, but you get some more content to play with.

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

Nov 10 2013, 8:51pm Anchor

Yeah I'm not familiar with that game :P So when I looked it up the Wolfenstein engine popped up.

Ive replaced the audio with one of youtubes tracks, video should be working in a few minures. :) Damn censorship...

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 10 2013, 9:08pm Anchor

It's a good map. The best part to me is the big table with the animals placed on it. Straight outta Alice ^^

One thing I thought was to maybe try scaling trees and perhaps even houses/structures to give them a more dreamlike quality. Huge trees, one made out of four models. Bash them together ^^
I'm suggesting trying something among those lines, because it's a bit difficult for me to bring the total realism of the map in conjunction with the Alice theme. I'd try to make things narrow and squashed and make all the chimneys smoke ^^

Also, if a flythrough is required for the competition, I'd keyframe a few cameras in scene. It's easy to do and gives a lot better control and smoother handling than the in-editor flyby. You have 2 more weeks, so why not try some alternative versions. I'd read the text from Alice and find out how it is actually described there. Nice work, thanks for replacing the audio! It ain't so bad either.

--

User Posted Image

Nov 10 2013, 9:59pm Anchor

Thanks mate :) Yeah the map slowly became more realistic than dreamlike, partially due to the limitations you get with some of the objects. At first I had candy houses in mind. But Struzi made the semetary for example and their were some corpses in earlier versions (which I felt didnt fit very well). So I ended up not using some of the more crazy ideas. Bigger trees might be a good idea though!

The flythrough isnt for the compo, the maps are only judged by playing a long round on them. ;)

You're right, two more weeks, more time to add cool stuff. Maybe a Cheshire Cat hiding in the forrest ""

Edited by: GC_Vos

Smallchange
Smallchange GDI, 101st Airborn Division, Firehawk Pilot
Nov 10 2013, 11:47pm Anchor
rimau wrote:Last night we made a game in 0 hours. That's right, ZERO HOURS, during the 0h Game Jam (0hgame.eu) from 2AM to 2AM durnig the daylight saving time change. Sure we got preparred by writing down the idea and everything, testing some solutions in pieces, but then, in the middle of the night, we got together (6 people) to make this:
Leon. The death story of a teleporting chameleon. Click the link to play the game: Cameleon-labs.com

Anyone elese participated? Or maybe someone is planning to take part in the US edition in 6 days?

That's pretty awesome, Lol ^_^

--

Mod DB - Game Mod Manager
Mod DB - Game Mapper

Nov 10 2013, 11:54pm Anchor

Working on my own game like most people on this site I guess.

Indiedb.com

Edited by: Graylord

Nov 11 2013, 6:59am Anchor

We have just released a few screenshots from Rascal Rider, as a preparatoin for the crowdfunding campaing. You will find all of them here: Indiedb.com 
And here is the first one, so you can decide if to click the link or not :)
Rascal Rider Pre-Alpha screenshot

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 11 2013, 12:11pm Anchor

Rascal Rider is really cool, but to me it looks like you have an extreme falloff in colors, almost to the point where they become polarized. Why are those wheels completely white inside and why isn't the tire deep black? The tire looks like it's made from concrete and any detail there might be is whited out. Maybe you can find a better balance. I don't know about Unity, but I guess it has similar color grading to UDK's Lookup Tables (LUT). Worth trying out a few settings. Or use a HDRI to globally light your scene? You got the Beast Render, use it :)

Also, the stadium lights in the screenshot aren't bright at all, I don't know if that was intended. Some atmosphere might be nice. Heightfog or Particles can add a lot to the feeling, but that is again a stylistic decision.

--

User Posted Image

Nov 11 2013, 1:28pm Anchor

Thanks for feedback, will take that into account. We are still tweaking the settings, so this kind of opinions are really helpfull to get some perspective, which can quite easily be lost, when you work on something for months... ;)

Nov 12 2013, 9:49am Anchor

I like the styling! Reminds me of Tron but with more colors! :)

Nov 12 2013, 11:51am Anchor

Wow. So many great games being worked on right now, puts my little game into shadow...

I'm working currently on level editor for Tank City. Since I changed background stuff and the way I'm saving levels, I need to update level editor from my old version as well...

Nov 12 2013, 9:21pm Anchor

Well my tank for Z-DAY is almost finished :D

Edited by: GC_Vos

Nov 13 2013, 1:24am Anchor

Here's my project: Bit Eater. A game of bits, boxes and bad-ass music. :) :thumbup:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NewDayDawningStudios

The main character is BOB the bit Eater. He's a digital cube in digital, musical space. 

So far the main game stage area is all sorted out with many of the obstacles.
Second week progress:

I done a huge graphics overhaul! The old prototype can be seen on YouTube here.
Bit Eater Prototype Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXK2bPpsXY0

The new game is starting to look like this: (See below)

And I've added a random event, which reverses gravity of the stage! Adding a new depth of game play.  

Email: newdaydawningstudios@gmail.com 
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NewDayDawningStudios 
YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCaeU622FhAJUip2cxa0veCA

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.