Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 265
Arcones
Arcones I don't even know...
Apr 18 2013, 6:28pm Anchor

Very cool iQew! I'd definitely make good use of this :D

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Apr 19 2013, 1:51pm Anchor

Worked a bit more on the "RGB Chooser". There's now more updating, the sliders are updating in real time and there's a color picker tool. It let's you get the color from whatever pixel your current mouse cursor is at and locks it when space bar is pressed. Then, you can save it or alter the color a bit to your likings and then press the copy button, to save it to your clipboard.

User Posted Image

Having problems with the layout and stuff, so there are no labels for the sliders (yet). :rolleyes:

:lol:

Edited by: iQew

Apr 19 2013, 2:52pm Anchor

Check out my zipper (23 staples) I got from brain surgery on Monday and I was back home on the computer by Weds, 2 days later lol

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Apr 19 2013, 3:19pm Anchor

That's heavy stuff there. That's going to leave a visible scar isn't it? Wish you good luck for recovery.

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

Apr 19 2013, 3:28pm Anchor

Ouch.  Hope the recovery continues to go well! :)

Edited by: Squared55

Apr 19 2013, 3:36pm Anchor

I feel great hah hard to believe probably but I had the worst pain for the past 1.5 years and now it's gone, this surgery is nothing in comparison. The craniotomy was to fix trigeminal neuralgia aka "suicide disease" not from depression but to escape pain.

I start my first w-2 programming job using Unity 3d at a studio here in Seattle next week so I'm pumped. I went back to school at 26 and now at 29 I got my dream job.

Edited by: shindig

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Apr 19 2013, 7:05pm Anchor

shindig: Woah... you didn't need to wear any bandages? I remember I had to wear them for months when I hit my head on something when I was young. And congrats on the job and stuff!

--

Uhh.. I continued my programming... Now there's user control. A triangle can be moved around in 8 directions + jump, and it can also shoot the smaller squares with a press of a button (which still fly randomly). I haven't completely decided on the movement. It could have controls like in FPS games.. WS: forward/backward, AD: strafe left/right and mouse for aiming/rotating the player, maybe the camera rotates too. Or 8 direction movement, but mouse can aim a crosshair anywhere, bullets/stuff would fly toward it.

At the moment the source code is a bit messy. Maybe I need to clean it up next.

User Posted Image

Download

Controls:
S = spawn player
X = destroy player
A = shoot stuff
Arrow keys = move player

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
Apr 20 2013, 8:42am Anchor

Hello IndieDB! Long time, no see! Here is a concept done by one of my pals, Cosmo, for a project that i'm working on. What do you guys think? 

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Apr 20 2013, 2:36pm Anchor

To bite or not to bite... that's cool.

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
iQew
iQew Concept Art
Apr 21 2013, 7:36am Anchor

Alright guys, just finished my little project. I tried to work out a better layout, but I couldn't make it work yet, so I worked further on the functionalities. You can now enter a color code, use the color picker tool or the sliders to create the color you like and the color code respectively. In addition, the user input field is quite user friendly and also understands a few variations/errors so that you can put in a code like "255,200,25" or "255 200 25" and even crazy stuff like "255   200, 25".

Also, the sliders can be used to alter a color you've chosen with the color picker, for example and everything gets updated in real time. The color picker is pixel based, which means it works anywhere (if the RGB chooser window is active), even on videos and such.

User Posted Image

You can download it for free right here: DOWNLOAD (9~kb) (should run on any OS, as it's written in JAVA)

Best wishes

ninjadave
ninjadave Aka Dave
Apr 23 2013, 9:01pm Anchor

I'm not sure what I'm even making. I haven't truly programmed anything in so long, I've forgot how to do quite a bit.
Lets see how this goes.

Apr 27 2013, 11:55pm Anchor

Exploring some cool stuff, here's what I got setup this afternoon:

Arcones
Arcones I don't even know...
Apr 30 2013, 8:57pm Anchor

So hopefully this fits here. It rained and hailed today and as I tried to grab a photo of the raindrops on the window, a car turned the corner and lit up the image. Crazy timing. Post processing done in Lightroom.

Apr 30 2013, 10:01pm Anchor

We're working on some animations and weapon models, a bot of map work, as well as some attachments.  Full-Auto-Shotgun-Hacking-Pistol = awesome :)
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Apr 30 2013, 11:55pm Anchor

Looking good, Squared! Those are some pretty textures.

Speaking of textures, I've been dabbling in various artsy type things lately, mostly just drawing pictures of various RP characters, but yesterday I tried my hand at drawing game textures, and I drew this face:

Or at least 90% of it anyway. Just the face mind you, not the neck, hair, outfit, ect. Those were all someone else's(Well, the jacket was edited by me, but pretty much just recolors). I was painting over a texture, but the eyes, eyebrows, nose, cheeks, and lips are all 100% drawn by me. Parts of the original texture's chin and forehead can still be seen though, which is why I said I only drew 90% of the face :P

May 5 2013, 12:57am Anchor

Brought home an asus xtion pro (kinect knockoff) and played around with it today:

ninjadave
ninjadave Aka Dave
May 6 2013, 10:14pm Anchor

Not sure where this is exactly going either.

Also made this, its kind of a long story.

--

----
"Assaultman67 proudly rates a 7 out of 10 for Dave's interesting level."

May 7 2013, 9:49am Anchor
shindig wrote:Brought home an asus xtion pro (kinect knockoff) and played around with it today:

Can you make animations in software such as MotionBuilder or iClone ?

May 8 2013, 1:15am Anchor
k21n wrote:
shindig wrote:Brought home an asus xtion pro (kinect knockoff) and played around with it today:

Can you make animations in software such as MotionBuilder or iClone ?

Yeah it's possible but I haven't done it. I've heard there's a $140 plugin for iclone to make it really easy.

Check out this clip I shot of what I'm doing at work:

iQew
iQew Concept Art
May 15 2013, 5:55pm Anchor

Had to create a selfportrait in Photoshop for uni:

Selfportrait
cheers

May 16 2013, 5:58am Anchor

A little bit of space art:

Space Art - 2010 TK7

It started out as an experiment in photo-realism, but it turned into a project to see what 2010 TK7, the only known Earth-Trojan asteroid, might look like from up close.

--

I snark, therefore, I am.

User Posted Image
The reason behind this banner will be revealed in due time....

DragonNOR
DragonNOR Voice Actor
May 19 2013, 2:44pm Anchor

Just finished putting together my first website using the ready template nature of Wix :)

Ssydtangen.wix.com

Any comments on looks and accessability would be great x)

--

My VA Showreel:
Youtube.com

My VA Website:
Ssydtangen.wix.com

May 23 2013, 10:26am Anchor

Wow this post was pretty helpful for finding projects to track!

Time to tout my teams current endeavour, Mech Mania!

Lets Play

We're creating a collection of multi-player mini-games for Steam Big Picture for four players over the Internet, LAN or local Shared Screen.

Releasing in August we could really use some support from the community =)

May 23 2013, 11:22am Anchor

Looks pretty neat, and I love those character models. Are there any gameplay videos yet? :)

May 23 2013, 1:19pm Anchor

Hi

Right now I'm working on the assets for the Rascal Rider game. Here are some Blender design tests.

Blender

Blender

We are currently experimenting with Modo's replicator-like random patterns creation for suits inspirations. Doing it with hair particles rendered as objects. And I must say that it is quite a fun :)

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.