Themes
Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 267
Mar 28 2013, 9:19am Anchor
J_C_A wrote:Last week's Doom editing made me want to try out some sprite stuffs...

I thought to draw on paper, then scan and color. Also experimented on painting with oil pastels, but that didn't work so well. Then I also tried with my photo, which kinda looks like some old adventure game, and apparently I got some grey hairs... uh oh..

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

Maybe photos could work so that I paint stuff over them, or try to dress in some unusual clothing, but they would probably be limited to humans/humanoids. More monster like stuff I'd have to draw. Or maybe if I posed in some strange poses, then it could work for some monsters?

Digging the bottom sprite, haha! Reminds me of McPixel a little bit which is an honorable comparison. :)

ShinobiNFC wrote:

It's looking good so far! The lighting is nice, and I like the fog-like qualities against the back wall that fades out the center a bit. Are these your own models or are you working with some of the ones unity offers? 

Mar 28 2013, 8:03pm Anchor

Runner 3d, a co-op adventure game I'm working on with unity 3d

Cover

Mar 28 2013, 8:22pm Anchor

My FPS, Paragon.  Currently trying to get the difficulty somewhere between "impossible" and "impossible to fail" :)

User Posted Image

Mar 29 2013, 3:41am Anchor

well that looks neat

--

>:|

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Apr 1 2013, 7:24pm Anchor

Jjules: There could be some more shading in the text, or space between the letters, now the different letters just merge into each other. And maybe a little less shading on that creature.

Squared55: You could always have different difficulty levels... I just recently did some experimenting on difficulties myself.. and after a while, the hardest difficulty started to feel like: maybe there could be couple more harder difficulties after this...

--

Anyway.. I made some HUD mockup... It's got Score, Energy, Health, Shield, Keys/items/whatever and Ammo. I had thought of having some weapon and other ammo displays too, but maybe they'll be in some inventory panel, that's not shown all the time like the other stuff.

User Posted Image

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
Apr 1 2013, 7:40pm Anchor

My brother and I's next mobile game, Quadropus Rampage.

Here's some screens from the game as of today, where I'm getting shot in the face by some eels, and a peek at the jellyfish enemy that'll be coming up tomorrow.

Sorry for the odd dimensions, first time posting in here!

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Apr 2 2013, 12:05pm Anchor
bscotchshenani wrote:My brother and I's next mobile game, Quadropus Rampage.

Here's some screens from the game as of today, where I'm getting shot in the face by some eels, and a peek at the jellyfish enemy that'll be coming up tomorrow.

Sorry for the odd dimensions, first time posting in here!

I like the art style :)

Apr 3 2013, 2:55pm Anchor

I'm currently doing a load of work on my game Invertical before bringing it to Linux as well as updating the PC version. It is a platformer where you "invert" your colour, changing what platforms you land on. Makes it a bit of a puzzle solving platformer!

Invertical Screenshots

Apr 7 2013, 5:35am Anchor

@Squared55 Looks very neat! Textures on the top of the rifle seem a bit misplaced, but other than that - very nice! :)
@J_C_A  Cool, though I think you could move the energy bar (The one above health and armor) to the top left corner so the bottom left one wouldn't obstruct vision in that place too much
@bscotchshenani Looks interesting! Will there be more detail added to the ground?
@OxygenAddict Nice, will track!

As for me, I finally discovered how to animate with music properly, so at the moment I am doing quick musical blob thing with changing colors etc. :)
One of the most challenging parts left now are choosing the music and having proper transition between tracks.. From calm to
Musical wobbly blob

Edited by: Flash112

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

Apr 8 2013, 1:22pm Anchor

Hi,

screenshots

I'm one of the devs at End Boss Games LLC.  We just posted our latest game "Dead Squared" on indiedb.  Glad to be part of this community and we will try to make weekly updates.

Indiedb.com

Check out the project.  Leave some feedback.  We also have the playable build from our GDC alpha demo.  Game is still very early but hopefully next build we will have more gameplay.

thanks!

Apr 10 2013, 1:12am Anchor

Wrapping up the level designs on Triptych and looking at a Q3 release date. I'm the only level designer on this project at all, so don't crucify me too much.

I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com

simonoc
simonoc Pixel Pusher
Apr 11 2013, 8:46pm Anchor

Been working on another release of my MOD In the Shadows and here is a sample image of some of the new enemies that will be available in the next release.

New Assets

--

Well he was evil, but he did build a lot of roads. - Gogglor

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Apr 13 2013, 7:02pm Anchor

Spent this afternoon starting some fanart of some fanart. 

Edited by: Cryrid

Apr 13 2013, 9:43pm Anchor

My Role-Playing Game Ambrosius. Difficult state to show since nearly all progress into the game has been programming wise, and there are little to no art assets to even speak of.

RealApprentice
RealApprentice Mighty pirate!
Apr 14 2013, 8:29am Anchor
Sweawm wrote:My Role-Playing Game Ambrosius. Difficult state to show since nearly all progress into the game has been programming wise, and there are little to no art assets to even speak of.

You could quote a piece of coding ??  ;)

--

User Posted Image

Smallchange
Smallchange GDI, 101st Airborn Division, Firehawk Pilot
Apr 14 2013, 11:01am Anchor
RealApprentice wrote:
Sweawm wrote:My Role-Playing Game Ambrosius. Difficult state to show since nearly all progress into the game has been programming wise, and there are little to no art assets to even speak of.

XD

--

Mod DB - Game Mod Manager
Mod DB - Game Mapper

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Apr 14 2013, 4:03pm Anchor

Little black and white painting to chill out. Don't have much time to paint these days:

Where I'd like to be...
Hope you guys like it, as much as I do, as it's currently one of my favorites, as 99% of the painting really are paint only and no textures or other stuff :)

Apr 14 2013, 4:05pm Anchor
RealApprentice wrote:

Alrighty. Nothing special. A lot are pieces in work, or simply pieces I'm not willing to show yet. Here's something, though. Some javascript for a proper pause menu... and this forum refuses to allow spaces between lines. Well, that sucks. 

var newSkin : GUISkin;function PauseMenu () {//layout start   GUI.BeginGroup(Rect(Screen.width / 2 - 100, 100, 200, 380));    //the menu background box   GUI.Box(Rect(0, 0, 200, 380), "Paused");    // Resume Game          if(GUI.Button(Rect(26, 28, 150, 45), "Resume Game")) {   var script = GetComponent("PauseMenuScript\");    script.enabled = false;   var script8 = GetComponent("MouseLook");   script8.enabled = true;    var script9 = GetComponent("FPSInputController");   script9.enabled = true;    var script10 = GetComponent("GameInputScript\");   script10.enabled = true;    var script2 = GetComponent("Run_Script\");   script2.enabled = true;    var script41 = GetComponent("ActionMenuInput");   script41.enabled = true;    Time.timeScale = 1.0;}   // Journal     if(GUI.Button(Rect(26, 78, 150, 45), "Journal")) {   var script21 = GetComponent("PauseMenuScript\");    script21.enabled = false;   var script22 = GetComponent("LogPauseMenu");   script22.enabled = true; }// Abilties       if(GUI.Button(Rect(26, 128, 150, 45), "Abilities")) {   var script15 = GetComponent("PauseMenuScript\");    script15.enabled = false;   var script16 = GetComponent("AB_PauseMenu");   script16.enabled = true;    }// Save Game   if(GUI.Button(Rect(26, 178, 150, 45), "Save/Load")) {   print("You saved or loaded a game");}// Options   if(GUI.Button(Rect(26, 228, 150, 45), "Options")) {   print("You configure the game");}   // Return to Menu   if(GUI.Button(Rect(26, 278, 150, 45), "Return to Menu")) {   var script31 = GetComponent("MenuQuitSafety");    script31.enabled = true;   var script32 = GetComponent("PauseMenuScript\");   script32.enabled = false; }// Quit Game   if(GUI.Button(Rect(26, 328, 150, 45), "Quit Game")) {   var script33 = GetComponent("GameQuitSafety");    script33.enabled = true;   var script34 = GetComponent("PauseMenuScript\");   script34.enabled = false; }   //layout end   GUI.EndGroup();     }function OnGUI () {    //load GUI skin    GUI.skin = newSkin;        //execute the Action Menu function    PauseMenu();}

Edited by: Sweawm

Apr 14 2013, 4:45pm Anchor

I love jQew's painting.

I just got a real programming job here in Seattle using Unity so I'm so pumped.

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Apr 15 2013, 7:18pm Anchor

Just wrote a mini program in java to let you put in a RGB code and the program will then turn it into color :O
User Posted Image

It also checks for errors like non-digits, numbers out of range etc. :D

Apr 15 2013, 9:26pm Anchor

Nice iQew! Simple yet can be useful depending on situation. Do you have any interest in coding/programming other than the basics?

Apr 16 2013, 4:11am Anchor

@Sweawm:
Pastebin?

@iQew:
Now start adding features like conversion between different ways to specify colors. The best way to learn to program. :D
Nice drawing BTW.

--

User Posted Image

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Apr 16 2013, 4:45am Anchor
Starkiller2356 wrote:Nice iQew! Simple yet can be useful depending on situation. Do you have any interest in coding/programming other than the basics?

Definitely, current working on a 2D platformer mixed with elements from line runner and all that fun shizzle with my gf for uni :D

TheSniperFan wrote:@Sweawm:
Pastebin?

@iQew:
Now start adding features like conversion between different ways to specify colors. The best way to learn to program. :D
Nice drawing BTW.

Yeah, I'll add a few features and realtime updating and stuff :)

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Apr 18 2013, 1:57pm Anchor

Testing some OpenGL programming... started it some year ago, then suddenly thought I'll continue and see if I could make some engine for a 2D/semi 3D top down shooter game... It would use sprites as the characters/whatever objects, but the levels could have the floors and walls on different heights.

Currently there's a bunch of green quad polygons spinning and moving around spawning smaller quads that also spin and move around, and disappear eventually. After a while it seems they all gather into the lower left corner. I guess they don't like to be alone.. Maybe next would be to add user control and textures.

User Posted Image

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
iQew
iQew Concept Art
Apr 18 2013, 4:30pm Anchor

Did a bit more work on my mini java project. Now, there is realtime updating of the color and sliders to get all the colors (gotta catch'em all, right?) XD

User Posted Image

The RGB code is also automatically marked so that you can copy it easily. Maybe I'll add a button to do the ctrl+c for you. Plus, labels for the markers so you know which slider is which color :)

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.