Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 263
TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Jan 17 2013, 2:36pm Anchor

Just a note, if your going to post work, you might aswell post a comment about some one elses work, otherwise its just a list of images.

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

Jan 17 2013, 3:22pm Anchor

I'll keep that in mind :)

Edited by: LightUpWarrior

Jan 17 2013, 3:50pm Anchor

This is just showing a picture of a pose of the walk animation I trying to do. I am learning from scratch so it is a learning curve. I will have video when I have more accomplished.

Animation

CaptainShack
CaptainShack XpGamers YouTube Channel Manager
Jan 18 2013, 12:18am Anchor

Howdy Guys

It's not a mod per-say but it is modding related and I am working on it. About 2 weeks ago I started my own YouTube Channel dedicated to modding.
I've been covering mostly Skyrim, and Fallout New Vegas mods but should be expanding as the audience grows. In 2 weeks I've gained 50 subs and 20,000 Views. So things are coming along. My goal would be to have a platform with a large enough audience to really show off great mods from a variety of community's such as the games listed below and more. 

Here's a sample. 

Jan 21 2013, 3:05am Anchor

Finished the model completely. What do you guys think?
Zergling Finished

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Jan 21 2013, 12:39pm Anchor

People aren't saying anything about others work because people aren't saying anything about others work. Then everyone thinks it's ok to just post their own stuff. Maybe at first the intention wasn't that, but someone's work got ignored, and then this person also decided to ignore others work. There used to be more feedback earlier, just take a look at the previous What is everyone working on, or some first pages of this.. or take a look at all the old threads in this forum section.

I've been trying to get people give more feedback by giving it, but it's not like I always succeed in doing so. Sometimes I delay my post just so that maybe later I might have something more to say than just talk about my own work.

--

Some of these may come a bit late, but I just thought to do this. These are of everything that was ignored or I missed from the previous page to this page.

copyright: Maybe you could have zoomed it some more. Seems there's no rear sight. What revolver it is?

TKAzA: The trophies kinda look edible. Something like those decorations in cakes. I like the eyes. Connies buttons remind me of freckles.

simonoc: Reminds me of Thief, but does player need to steal anything, or just get to the exit? Perhaps there could be some more goals in it.

QuickFixInc: The shelves in the background are a bit empty. Maybe there could also be some cloth hanging devices.. with some clothes hanging in them.

ShinobiNFC: What's the idea in it? Chase the squirrel, or run away from the cats? I think they look a bit like Alien.

LightUpWarrior: Somehow I think of Dungeon Keeper. Your dungeon floor is lumpy, order your skeleton to jump up and down!

Cinders: The thumbs could be bigger. My thumb is thicker or at least equally thick as my other fingers. The upper part of the of the arm looks a bit short too.

CaptainShack: Seems like a good idea to show/review mods with some videos and to expand it to more than one game's mods.

Icedecknight: Looks sort of soft. Maybe it's a baby zergling? Texture looks nice, could have some different color in some parts, like they had in the original game.

--

And here's what I've been working on.. Some bio-mechanical monsters. One of them is walking and the other is flying. The pose on the walking is not done by skeleton, I just didn't want to show it in some T/X pose. The flying one should also have some guns. Both are somewhere around 1400 tris.

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
Jan 21 2013, 1:01pm Anchor
Icedecknight wrote:Finished the model completely. What do you guys think?
Zergling Finished

Looks nice, looking forward to seeing it in game.

Jan 25 2013, 12:30am Anchor

I finished development of Tropical Heat(a jet ski racing game set in the tropics) around Christmas and now I am working on a bonus pack with 5 new racing levels to release this spring.  I've also been working on improving the interaction of the water with island shores.  Here's what it looks like now.

But I'm trying to get the waves to slide into the shore.  It's a challenge to say the least.

Indiedb.com

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Jan 31 2013, 10:36pm Anchor

AntonBursch: Seems allright waves to me. Maybe some more foamy stuff on top of the waves sometimes.

--

I wanted to model something with about 500 tris. First I had thought of making something organic that looks a bit like a spaceship with arms & legs, but that didn't look so good. I made a mech instead. The base body is 462 without the weapons and the weapons are 144. Thought it would have 3 weapon slots and one special weapon slot, but I didn't model any special weapon now... Don't know if I'll use this for anything, maybe I try that first idea again or something else with a similar tri limit.

Made another low poly model, also meant to be able to have 3 weapon slots. Maybe I try making it more abstract.

User Posted Image

--

Somehow I feel like this thread is a bit dead. Ehh...

Edited by: J_C_A

--

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Feb 3 2013, 7:54am Anchor

Yeah, we need more replies and people making stuff, like you Jimmy.

I'm making a low poly car. Started yesterday with the drawing and tweaked the model a bit to fit my liking better.

cute car

cute car

It's too highpoly at the moment, but I needed to establish the shape. So retopo and unwrapping is next. I'm looking forward to doing the texture on this one. Gonna add the Turbo after retopologizing.

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

Feb 3 2013, 8:11am Anchor

Goofing around with OpenGL to do some 2D lighting.

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Feb 5 2013, 3:58pm Anchor

Here's a first update.I actually still have to do smoothing groups. However, it already looks quite okay without them. Low Poly has 674 tris, I think I can save some, for example on the fenders and the windbreaker (?)

cute_racer_wire_final
fixed
* dammit - the 7 is mirrored - I just saw that :) Wrong door

--

User Posted Image

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Feb 6 2013, 2:45pm Anchor

Bananaoto Advertisement

"Noch frischer geht nicht." means "Even greener(fresh) is impossible."

Finally finished the last homework for this semester. So glad, you don't even believe it! Another vector graphic, which I created with the grid tool in Adobe Illustrator CS6.

Photo I used to create this sucker: De.red-dot.org

Dragonlord
O
N
L
I
N
E
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Feb 6 2013, 4:37pm Anchor

"Even greener(fresh) is impossible"... Could be me but that sounds strange. "More fresher is impossible" would be my bet.

Edited by: Dragonlord

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

LucianoGiacomozzi
LucianoGiacomozzi Composer/Voice Actor
Feb 7 2013, 5:27am Anchor
Dragonlord wrote:"Even greener(fresh) is impossible"... Could be me but that sounds strange. "More fresher is impossible" would be my bet.

That too is a little grammatically off. "Even fresher is impossible" would be grammatically correct. "Fresher than ever" or "The freshest" - but it's in German and makes sense in German so nothing really matters in English.

--

Luciano Giacomozzi
Soundcloud.com

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Feb 7 2013, 5:54am Anchor
Dragonlord wrote:"Even greener(fresh) is impossible"... Could be me but that sounds strange. "More fresher is impossible" would be my bet.

Yeah well, I was really unsure on how to translate it, but I can tell you that it is correct in German :p

Feb 7 2013, 6:06am Anchor

What about "More freshness is IMPOSSIBRU!"?

Dragonlord
O
N
L
I
N
E
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Feb 7 2013, 3:12pm Anchor
iQew wrote:

Yeah well, I was really unsure on how to translate it, but I can tell you that it is correct in German :p

How you get to that German sentence in the first place? Interest for the language or is this your mother tongue?

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Feb 7 2013, 4:42pm Anchor

SinKing: The paint in the concept looked nicer.

suve: I think those walls (if they are walls) should have some different color than the floors. Now I'm thinking the walls are completely unlit...

iQew: I think it looks yellow.

--

I tried some stuff ingame... The simple model/texture kinda don't fit with those other textures... which also have too much noise for that lowres and filtering.

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

--

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Feb 7 2013, 6:28pm Anchor

iQew - that is a smart package. Took me a second to figure out it's like a banana peel print-on. Maybe bend the logo a bit more?

Yeah JC,I deviated quite a bit from the concept. I might do another skin for the car later. This one is on a 512x512 texture, so I couldn't pull off some of the detail of the concept. It's still sharp enough for those bigger shapes. I think you can get a lot more out of your textures, Jimmy. Try using the bump offset node (on floors and walls, for example). I always see you make great organic shapes, which would be perfect for baking. I know you don't like the idea of high-polys, but it would be interesting to see what detail you can get out of it. 

Car with wheels

Overall, i'm happy with this car tryout. Learned some things for the next time (like to model and bake stuff separately, next time). I'm gonna check how to make a car paint material, do the specular maps  and then call it finished. After I switch textures to double sided, you won't be able to look through the model, either.

--

User Posted Image

Niteshade
Niteshade 3D Artist and aspiring Technical Artist
Feb 7 2013, 6:43pm Anchor

Well this is Technical Art (because I'm working towards becomming a Tech Artist sometime in the future) but I thought it could be interesting to show off anyway.
For the last 1,5 month I've been working on and off on this material tool for Maya which aims to make material processing faster for artists and level designers who work in Maya:

Img33.imageshack.us

It will be released within 1-2 weeks or something like that. After that I'll work on a new version of my UV Editor and then learn some Python/PyMEL scripting.

--

Aspie - A person with Asperger's Syndrome (Autism: social dyslexia)  - Portfolio - LinkedIn

Feb 7 2013, 9:40pm Anchor

Been working on my modeling and rigging skills. Sadly my texturing skills have sorta laxed a bit, so regaining that back and trying new methods is on my agenda.
(Still needs a lot of tweaking(Such as skinning)). The next step would probably be to get him working with jMonkey-Ogre.  

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Feb 8 2013, 7:33am Anchor
Dragonlord wrote:
iQew wrote:

How you get to that German sentence in the first place? Interest for the language or is this your mother tongue?

Born and living in Germany, it was for uni.

Feb 9 2013, 8:21am Anchor

Hey first post here, on the forum.
So i am working on these:
Hand 
Lightning

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Feb 11 2013, 4:34am Anchor

@ lightflare - These arms look a little plain, which makes them cartoony to me. Maybe a cartoon style is your intention. It seems like you may be a bit too timid with the sculpting. They need more character. I usually slap tons of stuff on the highpoly. It could be you don't intend those for sculpting at all. It really depends on the look you want. 

I'm finishing my pillar texture and updated the car. It's a bit green, due to material/reflection settings, but this was my work of the past two/three weeks, basically:
The unfinished Pillar
car painted

Pillar has a 1k diffuse, car only 512x512

--

User Posted Image

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.