Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 265
J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Dec 23 2012, 11:53pm Anchor

ShinobiNFC: Lil Commando looked pretty fun.

*Don*: Maybe they're a bit too round. Some harder edges wouldn't hurt (unless someone would fall into them :P)

--

Yea, and I made a gameplay video of my level and other stuff I've done so far:

Level 001 Playthrough 001 - Mod DB

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
Dec 24 2012, 4:20am Anchor

@J_C_A That's pretty awesome! I really like the animation for the gun..
Maybe you could slightly rotate and/or tilt the sword from it's initial position, as now its pointing straight forward which looks a bit weird.. Though maybe thats just me :)
Anyway I'm impressed!

Edited by: Flash112

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Dec 24 2012, 6:11pm Anchor
Flash112 wrote:@J_C_A That's pretty awesome! I really like the animation for the gun..
Maybe you could slightly rotate and/or tilt the sword from it's initial position, as now its pointing straight forward which looks a bit weird.. Though maybe thats just me :)
Anyway I'm impressed!

Thanks. Yea, the sword pose is maybe a bit weird, but that's how I was instructed how to hold a sword in ready pose when I was in Kendo. Point it at the enemy's throat, so if he just runs at you, he'll run into the sword. Although at the moment damage is only done with actually swinging it. I suppose eventually there could be something that moves the sword away from the ready pose if it hasn't been used for a while, plus some other swings/thrusts.

--

Dec 25 2012, 5:49pm Anchor

Finished the modeling part of the sword, will do materials later.. Will most likely add some damage from use on the leather grips a bit later :)
Any crits? (click on the small image to view)
Finished (?) mesh of the sword

--

User Posted Image

Dec 26 2012, 3:43am Anchor

Revolver 1800 Triangles:

krayzie
krayzie Max Abuser
Dec 26 2012, 11:10pm Anchor

hey guys,

here are my finals i had for school:

.swf game:
shareswf.com

Clay sculpture:

Trailer for Film & Lit:
youtube.com

Enjoy :)

Edited by: krayzie

--

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Dec 27 2012, 1:52pm Anchor

awesome work krazie, your skills in clay are as good as your max skills.

I just finished up 2 articles for MOTY, please check them out.

Somthing physical
Moddb.com

How they were made.
Moddb.com

Edited by: TKAzA

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

Dec 27 2012, 8:03pm Anchor

Been working on finishing up on basic animations and shading for the standard units. Settled on a volcanic ashen theme for the the first maps.
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

RealApprentice
RealApprentice Mighty pirate!
Dec 28 2012, 10:22am Anchor
krayzie wrote:Clay sculpture:

-- Image --

Looks good. How high did you make it ??

--

User Posted Image

Dec 28 2012, 5:02pm Anchor
muppetpuppet wrote:Been working on finishing up on basic animations and shading for the standard units. Settled on a volcanic ashen theme for the the first maps.
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

I really like the art style your going for, reminds me a lot of Limbo but with a touch of color.

krayzie
krayzie Max Abuser
Dec 28 2012, 7:37pm Anchor
RealApprentice wrote:
krayzie wrote:Clay sculpture:

-- Image --

Looks good. How high did you make it ??

shes a lil taller than a foot

--

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Dec 29 2012, 8:12pm Anchor

krayzie: Looks something like Lara Croft or her Mom.

muppetpuppet: Nice colors.

I've been working on a 256 color palette. I think it's about done. Maybe some adjustment to the last color, seems a bit too close to the first color.

User Posted Image

Edited by: J_C_A

--

Dec 30 2012, 12:45pm Anchor

Turntable of the sword I am working on, all thats left is texturing/materials.. Criticism is appreciated :) Watch in HD please :)
I didn't include a turntable with wireframes because for the person I am making this I doubt they are important..

Edited by: Flash112

--

User Posted Image

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Jan 6 2013, 11:21pm Anchor

That hand guard part seems a bit long, something that might hit the user in the head, and hurt quite a lot...

--

Well, I finally got around making some character modeling with Blender. No idea yet if I'm going to use this body structure, or if I'll have any fingers in the hands. I think there won't be any finger animations, so they might be a bit useless. I also have a more human like body modelled for it.

User Posted Image

--

Jan 7 2013, 11:12am Anchor

Nice topology on the creature :)
It's not meant to be a handguard, the sword is meant to be used more like a nightstick but with a blade.. The correct name of this kind of sword is Bladed Tonfa if I am not mistaken..

--

User Posted Image

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Jan 7 2013, 4:17pm Anchor

Indeed nice work jimmi.

Just a sculpt because i was bored, Using Voxels, then exporting it to zbrush for poly reduction.

Feedback please.

Edit: And another hours work, model is made using a tool called toothpaste and then, re refined with scrape tool.

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Jan 7 2013, 8:04pm Anchor

If you turn the blade/image upside down, it kinda looks like a side view of some skull.. Also I think the hole is too near the cutting edge of the blade. Looks like it would break easily.

Toothpaste minotaur.. uhh.. Looks sort of scary.

--

Texture test and different body structure.. maybe I need to raise the knees higher?
User Posted Image

--

simonoc
simonoc Pixel Pusher
Jan 10 2013, 9:52am Anchor

Usually it is difficult to get people interested in MOD's for very old games because not many people have access to the original game anymore. Probably the best way to show gameplay nowadays is with videos and I thought it would be fun to show stealth mechanics from a different angle, fast paced. For people that don't know what this MOD is about, it is the marriage of stealth and a fast paced FPS! I know that sounds strange, but once you master the stealth mechanics it can be a lot of fun to run around like crazy while avoiding detection.

So what do you think?

In The Shadows - Castle of Shadows - Mod DB

--

Well he was evil, but he did build a lot of roads. - Gogglor

Jan 10 2013, 4:25pm Anchor

To be honest....
I like the idea of combining a fast-paced shooter with stealth, but in my opinion your attempt doesn't work too good. One of the core-elements of stealth-games is how the enemies are aware of their environment. To me this is one of the most important aspects of the genre. I just think that a game cannot call itself "stealth" if you can stand a few meters in front of your enemies or just run past them.
That's just my opinion though.

simonoc
simonoc Pixel Pusher
Jan 10 2013, 5:34pm Anchor
TheSniperFan wrote:I just think that a game cannot call itself "stealth" if you can stand a few meters in front of your enemies or just run past them.

The stealth system is based on distance and angle, the player is cloaked in invisible at distance (imagine the film predator) and the stealth indicators are above all the enemies as stealth eyes. If you want a further explaination of what the stealth system is I recommend you read this article.

The Stealth System explained

--

Well he was evil, but he did build a lot of roads. - Gogglor

RealApprentice
RealApprentice Mighty pirate!
Jan 12 2013, 4:17pm Anchor
simonoc wrote:So what do you think?

I think it's pretty impressive for a game that is 16 years old, defintly on my watch list . . .

--

User Posted Image

Jan 13 2013, 10:51am Anchor

Working on refining this scene a bit. You'll be able to customize clothing in the Fashion Shop ingame. Epic Pets is now being updated on IndieDB !

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Jan 13 2013, 6:16pm Anchor

Some more work on the character/texture...

User Posted Image

edit: and another with a different style and body...

User Posted Image

--

Jan 14 2013, 6:46am Anchor

PSP Vita game I'm working on 

Jan 17 2013, 6:49am Anchor

User Posted Image

Tileset for a Buddhist temple themed dungeon/level. The tree and water aren't complete yet.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.