Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 266
Dec 2 2012, 12:28pm Anchor

Texture map and objects for the shuttle bay of our space-station. And our website also still needs some work. (You can find a link on our indieDB page of course). 

Screenshots shuttle bay texture map

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Dec 2 2012, 3:38pm Anchor
Dec 4 2012, 3:49am Anchor
RealApprentice wrote:Been working on some crew quarters:

User Posted Image

This is really well done! Props! Everything else in this thread is awesome too! :D

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Dec 4 2012, 12:16pm Anchor

I tried rendering my new weapon with Blender, but didn't quite get the render right... The lights were either too faded/soft or created too strong shadows.

Ok, and the weapon.. I thought that I should have some moving parts in the weapons, but then these parts should also be visible in the first person view. Initially the cylinder thing above the handle was rotating, but then it also looked quite weird in the first person view, kinda detached.

I added some stuff above it, but now it probably doesn't show the rotation very well, at least not if the weapon is centered in the view. Maybe it'll just move backward/forward, and empty bullet cases fly out of the hole. Or it's some energy weapon, and some steam could come out of some holes in the barrel, maybe in they would be in that extrusion.

Also there won't be any place for ammo, or any sighting devices. They're not necessary...

User Posted Image

Managed to get it better with the spinning cylinder visible without it looking too floating. Here's ingame view:

User Posted Image

Edited by: J_C_A

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
iQew
iQew Concept Art
Dec 6 2012, 5:49pm Anchor

Homeeeewoooork:

We had to create a vector graphic from an existing manga reference image. The technique was pretty simple, getting the reference image on a bottom layer and then starting to lay the vector shapes on top of it. It's not 100% finished unfortunately, as the earring isn't finished and the second one is missing completely, plus, there wasn't a proper clean-up yet. So, don't be too harsh with me about some lines not matching up with the shapes or crossing other lines ;)

Illustrator Homework 2

We had to come up with our own design for a refillable bottle. Was our first more complex design job and I'm glad it's finished by now, as CAD isn't really my favorite subject. While the other students went for more creative and artistic approaches, I wanted to keep the design simple and clean. I hope that my teacher likes simplicity in design.

SolidWorks Homework 2

Best wishes
Kjell

Edited by: iQew

Dec 7 2012, 4:43am Anchor

Is it an engineering school of sorts? Because isnt CAD somewhat outdated and now useful for only in some rather specific things?
Anyway, nice bottle. :)
The vector work is superb I must say! Really cant tell a difference..

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Dec 7 2012, 9:28am Anchor
Flash112 wrote:Is it an engineering school of sorts? Because isnt CAD somewhat outdated and now useful for only in some rather specific things?
Anyway, nice bottle. :)
The vector work is superb I must say! Really cant tell a difference..

It's a school of computer science, which is a mix of software development (Java, C++) and Design (2D/3D). We started with CAD, as we are going to use it for 3D printing in later semesters. We'll learn polygon modelling after that.

- - - - - - - - -

Just published the finished 3D character model for "The Mentor" of Mindworld:
The Mentor

Also check out our latest article! Moddb.com

Best wishes

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Dec 9 2012, 8:22pm Anchor
Arcones
Arcones I don't even know...
Dec 13 2012, 2:58pm Anchor

A display panel. Made entirely with GIMP using brushes from various devianart users.

Display Panel

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Dec 14 2012, 1:35pm Anchor

Heh, Bear Simulator!

--

Shock Lance:
User Posted Image

--

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Dec 14 2012, 5:20pm Anchor

Another update on Mindworld, the article is soon going to be authorized, aswell:

Snowfall (in-game)

Dream Gun Lowpoly

-> Moddb.com <-

Best wishes

RealApprentice
RealApprentice Mighty pirate!
Dec 15 2012, 6:03am Anchor
iQew wrote:Another update on Mindworld, the article is soon going to be authorized, aswell:

Snowfall (in-game)

I especially like this screenshot, doesn't look like it's been made in the Source engine . . .

--

User Posted Image

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Dec 15 2012, 6:36am Anchor
RealApprentice wrote:
iQew wrote:Another update on Mindworld, the article is soon going to be authorized, aswell:

Snowfall (in-game)

I especially like this screenshot, doesn't look like it's been made in the Source engine . . .

It's 100% in-game without any postwork, though ;)

Dec 16 2012, 2:45am Anchor

Main menu :

Dec 16 2012, 10:16am Anchor

Was thinking about the best way to get wooden carving look for a bird head, so I sculpted simplistic feathers.. Had to place them by hand (its my first try at such sculpting) Crits? Dont mind the beak, its just a quick placeholder.. Its an ornament for a sword side-handle

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Dec 18 2012, 11:10pm Anchor

I think they look more like some reptile scales.

Well, I made a sword too.. no ornaments or any decorations, just a simple design.

User Posted Image

--

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Dec 19 2012, 2:06pm Anchor
Flash112 wrote:Was thinking about the best way to get wooden carving look for a bird head, so I sculpted simplistic feathers.. Had to place them by hand (its my first try at such sculpting) Crits? Dont mind the beak, its just a quick placeholder.. Its an ornament for a sword side-handle

Looks good mate, did you try setting a alpha brush in zbrush or 3d coat and try sculpting the model, the results could look a bit more natural.

J_C_A wrote:I think they look more like some reptile scales.

Well, I made a sword too.. no ornaments or any decorations, just a simple design.

Jimi why are your textures getting lower and lower res?

Dec 19 2012, 2:13pm Anchor

Thanks for the input :)
Thats a nice sword, I have always liked simplicity in weapons..

I made a low poly mesh in Blender and then started sculpting, also in Blender.. I made the alpha brush in GIMP, I went for a simplistic feather look as I wanted it to look like a carving (was looking at some reference on the web) I will most likely re-do the thing as there are some annoying problems with it..

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Dec 19 2012, 4:52pm Anchor
TKAzA wrote:Jimi why are your textures getting lower and lower res?

I've been depressed for many years. I've tried to do good quality stuff, but I was never satisfied. When will I be satisfied? I can never be satisfied. There was always something wrong or in need of improvement. I don't know if it was because my skills weren't high enough or if I was just overly critical of my stuff. Either way, I couldn't get anything finished, or if I got something finished, I had started to hate it. Now that I've stopped caring if there's something wrong or in need of improvement, I've managed to get things done. I want to have fun with creating a game, like it used to be.

Also, these aren't necessarily finished quality textures or models. I could later improve them, but now I think it's better to prefer quantity over quality. So that I can easily experiment gameplay.

And if I have fun creating it, it's probably also more fun to play it, even if it didn't look perfect.

Edited by: J_C_A

--

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Dec 20 2012, 1:24pm Anchor

I agree, its fun to just mess around and give models a thatll do texture, but don't let your models suffer due to this, the texture isn't to cover the model its to bring the model to life.

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Dec 20 2012, 2:40pm Anchor

I made some new texture, put it into a level with some old textures, but overall, they didn't quite fit together.
User Posted Image

So, I thought I should make some color palette first to help me decide on what colors to use on textures. Then I also wanted to try how they look in low res and low colors. They seem to fit together better in this. Also makes me want to do this in this kind of low res style... although it's quite simple to convert the high res textures into this kind of style, so I could possibly do both (in some way I do that anyway).
User Posted Image

--

Osc
Osc
Dec 21 2012, 3:56am Anchor

I'm working at a boss in my game Out Of Hell, here a small snap of it:
Out of hell screenshots 

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Dec 22 2012, 2:03am Anchor

Osc: Cool snake thingy!

--

I've made some more lowres/color textures. Feels like I'm going to do this like this. Should probably change the model textures too.

User Posted Image User Posted Image

User Posted Image User Posted Image

--

Dec 23 2012, 4:37am Anchor

made a trailer for lil commando

Edited by: ShinobiNFC

*Don*
*Don* Mist of Stagnation Developer
Dec 23 2012, 7:27pm Anchor

working on a set of cave assets

User Posted Image

I250.photobucket.com

Edited by: *Don*

--

Mist of Stagnation - A FPS/RTS based in a Steampunk world, built in DX11 with the UDK.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.