Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 266
TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Nov 16 2012, 9:06pm Anchor
argonzeit wrote:I made these quite a bit ago. I just wanted some input on the weapons.

They both look better on a black background, but the png has transparent backgrounds ha. 
I do know that the mag release(Where the front hand grips onto the gun) needs some adjustments.  

Remodel it, shorten it, make the clip more mac 10 like, hand guns you hold out stretched that clip looks like its of a m16 that's a big heavy clip and shells, try holding 5kg out stretched long enough to cap some one. In addition what's that firing nato rounds?, i mean even .45 are short shells, so it looks un realistic and illogical.

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

Smallchange
Smallchange GDI, 101st Airborn Division, Firehawk Pilot
Nov 16 2012, 9:32pm Anchor
TKAzA wrote:
argonzeit wrote:I made these quite a bit ago. I just wanted some input on the weapons.

They both look better on a black background, but the png has transparent backgrounds ha. 
I do know that the mag release(Where the front hand grips onto the gun) needs some adjustments.  

Remodel it, shorten it, make the clip more mac 10 like, hand guns you hold out stretched that clip looks like its of a m16 that's a big heavy clip and shells, try holding 5kg out stretched long enough to cap some one. In addition what's that firing nato rounds?, i mean even .45 are short shells, so it looks un realistic and illogical.

Obviously you didn't notice that it's a two handed gun, notice the "Where the front hand grips onto the gun"... I do believe it needs a better location FOR the front hand, but it's not THAT drastic of changes that are needed.

It really reminds me of something similar to this, although different - lol... I.dailymail.co.uk

Edited by: Smallchange

--

Mod DB - Game Mod Manager
Mod DB - Game Mapper

argonzeit
argonzeit Argon
Nov 16 2012, 9:35pm Anchor

Truthfully I do not know how to actually quote someone, or really reply to someone yet on this website.

But, my reply to TKAzA would be;

This is an SMG variant of a drawing I had. Not all SMGs use pistol rounds. The PDW-R, the P90, and the MP7 are perfect examples. The PDW-R uses the NATO 5.56 rounds, the P90 and the MP7 both use special rounds, they look like smaller version of rifle rounds. But since this gun is going for a futuristic look, the mag release is different. The mag release also controls the bolt inside, chambering the rounds. The shells come out of the little space where the "L" looking thing is on the foregrip, which is the mag release-bolt control.

But, the M4 can be considered a SMG, since its a smaller version of a M16, which is a Rifle.

The 5.56 is also a very light round. It was made that way. The M4 is actually a very light weapon, 8 to 10 pounds when loaded. Not 5kg. I'm kind of a big guy, I've shot guns, the heaviest weapon i shot was a M249, which wasn't heavy, given i only shot a 20 round belt. But that gun was very light for its size. So weight should not be an issue on this gun.

Haha, not trying to shoot down your criticism. I will say it is quite long, I do want to change the barrel up. But, I'ts only a buttstock-less version of a Rifle concept. But even if this gun was 5kg(12.7 pounds,) it would be spread out evenly.

But to your 5kg comment, I have a 10 pound full metal M4 airsoft rifle that in a game i had to shoot it with one hand. I had that sucker up, arm fully extended, for three minutes continuously shooting. So i know i could.

Haha sorry if that seemed long and mean. Since its sci-fi-ish, it doesn't have to be that realistic. But I did think it through.

--

"Where there's hatred, saw justice.Where there's Injury, pardon.Where there's doubt, hope.And may a swift and certain death befail anyone who stands in my way.Ain't much of a prayer, but it sounds good.That's why i know this wont be over until Revas breathes her last breath." -Richard B. Riddick

Nov 18 2012, 4:39pm Anchor

Was feeling rebellious and moody and the Inkscape icon on my desktop looked quite tempting so I made this to get more knowledgeable with Inkscape..
If you want to get an image to print just contact me and I can export any res you need.. :)
The Poster : Media.moddb.com
Criticism, thoughts more than welcome :)

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

Gorb
Gorb Antaprota
Nov 19 2012, 6:29am Anchor

So yeah the mod I co-develop has finally got a version released.

Been pulling a lot of after-hours after work to get this working right and I haven't even been able to test the updated version with all of the shiny art assets :(

More balance and feature updates to come; for some reason the uploaded build has a few broken squad requirements, so a bugfix patch is in order. Then it's a completion of some of the Chaos Marks and rebalancing of the squad bonuses they provide.

As for content, I'll be handling a complete UI overhaul when I finally get some time free. It's an exhausting task to mod the UI for that game.

--

User Posted Image

Why do span tags not display correctly?

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 22 2012, 11:04am Anchor

Made some barrel model... with Blender! It was weird. I thought it should be octagon shaped, so it doesn't use too many polygons. I had thought of having a transparent glass model in front of transparent liquid model, but that felt a bit too complicated and waste of polys... Maybe the other side of the barrel could have something, maybe text or some manufacturer logo.

User Posted Image

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
Nov 22 2012, 3:59pm Anchor

Made this today, its a near identical shot from a cartoon, only made in 3D
Guard

--

User Posted Image

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 22 2012, 4:24pm Anchor

That's pretty dark background, or dark model. Add some more brightness/contrast, or something. But nice model, just improve the initial rendering or post processing with image editor.

--

Nov 22 2012, 4:36pm Anchor

Yeah I was wondering whether or not the image was TOO dark.. Take a look at the HD image, that one seems fine though.. :)

Edited by: Flash112

--

User Posted Image

Nov 22 2012, 11:04pm Anchor

you guys should pop on over to the Dark Storm page here on Moddb, its the first person shooter we've been working on. just search for "Dark Storm" in the search box. will be released on Steam for Mac and PC in January. here's some of the stuff we've been doing

Makarov lots of gun modeling (obviously)

Alpha AimSight's The HUD is also coming along rather nicely. lots of concept art has been drawn up and level design is going well. check out our page to see more. 

make sure you keep up with us on Moddb, twitter (@adarkstorm) and facebook!  feedback most welcome!

RealApprentice
RealApprentice Mighty pirate!
Nov 23 2012, 1:02pm Anchor

Been working on some crew quarters:

User Posted Image

--

User Posted Image

Nov 24 2012, 12:53am Anchor

Nice gun modeling, JoshieKilla!

As for me, recently finished the trailer for my game, Cafe Murder, but am having trouble imbedding it. Here is a link:
Vimeo.com

Nov 27 2012, 3:03am Anchor

City 17 Trainstation environment W.I.P

Nov 27 2012, 8:18am Anchor

@Logithx Love the lighting! Are those props modeled from scratch?
--
I made another poster to get more familiar with Inkscape :)
Dont Sleep!

Edited by: Flash112

--

User Posted Image

Arcones
Arcones I don't even know...
Nov 27 2012, 10:52am Anchor

Gosh, that's beautiful Logithx.

I made this sometime in the past week and I'm quite pleased with the result:
Winter Haze

Nov 27 2012, 2:30pm Anchor

Woa, three incredible posts in a row! I love the sparkling grid, but what's it for?

Arcones
Arcones I don't even know...
Nov 27 2012, 2:45pm Anchor
zackaria99 wrote:Woa, three incredible posts in a row! I love the sparkling grid, but what's it for?

More to work on technique, personal enjoyment and to get back into making backgrounds.

Nov 27 2012, 3:32pm Anchor

Been working on lots of sprite art for my team's first game, Schoolyard Snodown.
User Posted Image

Most recent promotional image:
User Posted Image

Nov 27 2012, 7:44pm Anchor

@Flash112
Love the lighting! Are those props modeled from scratch?

--

Yea, everything (models, textures etc.) is made from scratch.

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 27 2012, 8:24pm Anchor

Flash112: I like this poster more.

Also I've done some heart stuffs too...

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

--

Nov 28 2012, 7:33am Anchor

Currently working on a mirror logic puzzler called ReversE 

Game Levels - work in progress

There is a playable demo for Windows currently up and I will get one uploaded for Mac very shortly.

I am using the project to gain more knowledge within Unity for the next planned project and also to add to my portfolio. Really enjoying developing this one! Also I am composing an OST for it using FLstudio so expanding my musical horizons a bit! Soundcloud

Logithx wrote:City 17 Trainstation environment W.I.P

Very nice environment, reminds me of Counter strike for some reason!

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 28 2012, 10:29pm Anchor

That ReversE seems interesting, kind of like some minigolf/pool/pinball.

--

Well, I made another health item. Made some more spinning animation to it, so they spin around two axises. This was supposed to be just the large normal health item, so the other two may be just temporary.

User Posted Image

--

Nov 29 2012, 7:38am Anchor
J_C_A wrote:That ReversE seems interesting, kind of like some minigolf/pool/pinball.

--

Well, I made another health item. Made some more spinning animation to it, so they spin around two axises. This was supposed to be just the large normal health item, so the other two may be just temporary.

User Posted Image

Thanks man! I think there are mini inspirations of pinball/pool and possibly from Kula world in there! Slightly inspired by marble blast too! I love your screenshot its very Quake! Do you have a page up for the project its associated with at all?

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 29 2012, 11:34am Anchor

Thanks! I have a mod profile, but I'm thinking it'll become a game (maybe with a different name), so that I can sell it someday. Don't know if anyone would buy it, but I have to try, as I don't have any other job... and can't really work with/around people...

Edited by: J_C_A

--

Nov 29 2012, 12:04pm Anchor
J_C_A wrote:Thanks! I have a mod profile, but I'm thinking it'll become a game (maybe with a different name), so that I can sell it someday. Don't know if anyone would buy it, but I have to try, as I don't have any other job... and can't really work with/around people...

That is very nice! :O just checked it out on ModDB (and followed!) Looks great didn't realise it was for doom at first until I went to the ModDB page! the models/sprites and textures look very pretty! You could always use what your creating as a springboard to make your own FPS with a different lore and back-story. You would have the base of it with the assets you're creating now and it could easily be transferred into Unity3D or something similar! It looks like you have put a tons of effort,time and detail into everything! will be watching with interest! Will be a good excuse to get back on Doom! :D

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.