Themes
Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 267
SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Oct 25 2012, 7:44am Anchor

Hey Tkaza,

did u sculpt these rocks, or is it done with some kind of modifiersin 3DsMax?

Interesting monster in animation. I guess a lot could happen. Could form bigger guys or change its shape.

--

User Posted Image

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Oct 26 2012, 2:28pm Anchor

Super busy with college! First months started and here's my first "own" 3D model. We had to measure real tea cups and then build it in SolidWorks (CAD).

College Stuff - 3D Cup

Still new to the program and all the render options were standards, but it's still motivating to see a photorealistic result without being a real pro :D

Oct 27 2012, 2:15pm Anchor

@iQew Nice cup indeed! You could however change the color of the cup so that people could better see dem nice speculars on the cup..

As for me - randomly made this today, doesnt feel quite finished though, dont know what, so you are most welcome to criticize it all you want.. :)
The image : Media.moddb.com

Edited by: Flash112

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Oct 28 2012, 2:17pm Anchor
SinKing wrote:Hey Tkaza,

did u sculpt these rocks, or is it done with some kind of modifiersin 3DsMax?

Interesting monster in animation. I guess a lot could happen. Could form bigger guys or change its shape.

Its a script called rock generator, it makes high poly rocks using ffd, noise and lots of smoothing, then simply bake these to low poly meshes, wola

Oct 28 2012, 10:57pm Anchor

I'm working on my new game, its a space RTS game that I'm going to release on iPhone, Android, PC and Mac. I would apprechiate it if you guys followed it and gave me some feedback :) thanks

Indiedb.com

Oct 30 2012, 7:50am Anchor

Hey everyone, this is my first post into the forums even though I've been around for a while.
I'm working on a randomly generated 2d platformer for mobile. It is about a Gentlepug Explorer called Dr. Bones, who pretty much tries to loot as much treasure as he can before he gets hit by a trap, enemy or whatever it is thats in his way.
Here is an early screenshot, I will put some new ones up on the game profile later, as it has change quite a bit now -

if you like the look of it then I'd love you input on more of the game, so head over to our forum! 

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Oct 30 2012, 9:40am Anchor

Made a low poly gun with a low res, low detail texture... maybe it could be higher res..

User Posted Image

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Oct 30 2012, 10:18am Anchor
iQew wrote:Super busy with college! First months started and here's my first "own" 3D model. We had to measure real tea cups and then build it in SolidWorks (CAD).

It's nice you made a super accurate cup, but modeling in CAD is fail, if you wanna do anthing game-related. Is this an engineering study, or why on earth did you chose CAD? I'm even better off using XSI, at least it compares to Maya and Max.

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

Oct 31 2012, 12:50am Anchor

Finished some items for Team Fortress 2, going to submit them to workshop, though just looking for any feedback, for tweaks or something. I don't know if they would get accepted, they Rocket Man was originally a skin until submissions were being taken. Nothing too lose, so much other weird stuff in the game. Will release separately eventually for Gmod anyway and as skins after a month or two.

The Rocket Man is a strong reference to someone both in appearance and its name. There is a colour set for the blu team which is silver frame with blue len's.
Maybe the xray specs would be better on the spy?

Edited by: arieas

Oct 31 2012, 12:57am Anchor
arieas wrote:The Rocket Man is a strong reference to someone both in appearance and its name.

Elton John?

Nov 1 2012, 2:40am Anchor

Environmental design for Triptych. A LOT of it. UGH.

I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 1 2012, 10:16pm Anchor

Nice environments there. Must have taken a long time.

--

I made Lance.

User Posted Image

--

Nov 2 2012, 8:52am Anchor

Hey Guys, 
Siege of Inaolia came out with its newest version today and I thought I'd share it here.
Indiedb.com

Nov 2 2012, 5:06pm Anchor

@J_C_A The textures seem a bit too low res, but other than that its a nice model..
----
I am participationg in the "Animation Sequence Project" (create a 10 sec animation starting out from a cube) And here is an early WIP shot from the animation :Pasteall.org
The animation is made in Blender

Edited by: Flash112

--

Think It. Sketch It. Create It. Repeat. 
User Posted Image

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Nov 2 2012, 7:57pm Anchor
C-zom wrote:Environmental design for Triptych. A LOT of it. UGH.

I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com
I.imgur.com

Nice mood in some of those! The scenes are a bit dull without any dynamic or whatever extra light in them . I like the one with the chinese lantern. Not sure if it's grain or fog, but I like the touch. There could be more light variation, but I guess that's yet to come. It's looking cool and void and deadly already. Good work!

Question though: Is this Unreal Engine 2.5 or something of the kind?

Edited by: SinKing

--

User Posted Image

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 3 2012, 9:57pm Anchor

Ok, thought I'll see what happens if I use 512x512 with my next weapon... maybe it's a bit dirty?

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

Edited by: J_C_A

--

JigsawPieces
JigsawPieces Shut up, that's why.
Nov 6 2012, 6:53am Anchor

Setting up a little test environment in the UDK to do some 3D side-scrollin' in. To give an idea of scale, I imagine the player character between 1/8 to 1/16 the height of the back wall.

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Nov 6 2012, 5:02pm Anchor

We had a pretty big update with new screenshots and lots of art for Mindworld:

Transition Level - (in-game)

Transition Level - (in-game)

The Chase - Concept Art

The Chase - Concept Art

As for me personally, I've just finished another homework. First exercise with Adobe Illustrator this time. I might add some water drops to it later. Task was to create a vector graphic from a photo:
Pepper Vector Graphic
The colors are a little off, especially on the greens, not sure why. The image looks different when I open it offline and/or in any program.

Best wishes

Edited by: iQew

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 6 2012, 7:31pm Anchor

Maybe a lighter shade of violet would be better, something like in that text logo in the images. I was just looking at some semi-similar photos today here: Silentuk.com

Hmm.. I thought vector graphics were like simple lines and stuff...

--

I tried a low color look on my Imp model. It has 8 colors and 256x256 texture. Simply made it from the previous texture. Any thoughts, if I should do this kind of style or not, are welcome. It would certainly be simpler/easier/faster to do the textures this way...

User Posted Image

--

iQew
iQew Concept Art
Nov 9 2012, 10:23am Anchor
J_C_A wrote:Maybe a lighter shade of violet would be better, something like in that text logo in the images. I was just looking at some semi-similar photos today here: Silentuk.com

Hmm.. I thought vector graphics were like simple lines and stuff...

Not sure what you mean with the first part, the colors are chosen by their psychological meaning.

Well, there are a lot of artists out there, who focus on photo realism in vector art.

Best wishes
Kjell

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 9 2012, 10:45am Anchor

I mean that it could be less saturated and brighter, maybe some more blue, or maybe the other lights should be more blue, like in those concept art pics.

--

I've made some animation to the Imps... maybe kinda rushed animations, and also testing how the models vs sprites look. I guess it's sort of a gameplay demonstration too.

The Impmost Dens - Mod DB

--

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Nov 9 2012, 3:02pm Anchor

Never had been fond of artists overdoing the "color has meaning" stuff. The pinacle of all this had been the fucking annoying gold/blue filter of DX:HR. I prefer realistic lighting and interesting characters/story than than artist going overboard with color-meaning while the game sucks in the really interesting parts. An exception are of course games where crazy lighting is part of the story/world. These are though only a handful.

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Nov 9 2012, 3:09pm Anchor

I think Doom64 had interesting colored lighting, completely unrealistic, but great. Don't know how much meaning the colors had in it, other than locked doors usually had colored lighting based on the color of the key that opens the door, but that's just common sense not to color a blue locked door with red lighting.

--

argonzeit
argonzeit Argon
Nov 14 2012, 8:35pm Anchor

I made these quite a bit ago. I just wanted some input on the weapons.

They both look better on a black background, but the png has transparent backgrounds ha. 
I do know that the mag release(Where the front hand grips onto the gun) needs some adjustments.  

--

"Where there's hatred, saw justice.Where there's Injury, pardon.Where there's doubt, hope.And may a swift and certain death befail anyone who stands in my way.Ain't much of a prayer, but it sounds good.That's why i know this wont be over until Revas breathes her last breath." -Richard B. Riddick

Nov 15 2012, 10:30pm Anchor

Working on a promotional image for the game I've been working on for the past year, Cafe Murder. All I have now is this sketch, next I'll perfect the drawing and then "ink" it in Flash.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.