Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 263
Sep 20 2012, 2:28pm Anchor

I've been working on a physics based puzzle game for iOS for months now.  The game is called "OddBall" and it's played throughout a warehouse style setting.  You are tasked with testing the OddBalls by navigating them through a series of obstacle rooms. There are 3 Oddball types, each with its own physical properties that aid and hinder your attempts at avoiding hazzards.  You need to strategize how to best use their abilities, collect Energy Charges, activate powerups and ultimately score each of the 3 OddBalls in every level.

It's a fully 3D game (set in a 2.5D style).  There are fans, moving platforms, buttons, magnets and more.  Here is my recent #screenshotsaturday image:

Check out Velvetycouchgames.com for my devblog!  :)

Sep 21 2012, 8:40am Anchor

I'm working on this 2D space shooter for about 2 years now.

Right now I'm working on between level cut-scenes to tie the levels together a little bit better.

Here is the link: Indiedb.com

Cheers!

Sep 21 2012, 10:49am Anchor
Lightang3l wrote:I'm working on this 2D space shooter for about 2 years now.

Right now I'm working on between level cut-scenes to tie the levels together a little bit better.

Here is the link: Indiedb.com

Cheers!

Very Interesting! I'm tracking this! Reminds me of my childhood!

Sep 23 2012, 7:41am Anchor

Maybe its a bit offtopic, but I found a video on youtube what I would like to see in every source mod(and in every game/mod). 
Youtube.com

Edited by: thekolokolone

--

tryin to put some shit together, wanna create a style.

Sep 23 2012, 5:08pm Anchor

A small Flixel game. It's almost finished, I'm writing music and thinking about title and final screen.

Edited by: ax23w4

ArtisanCodesmith
ArtisanCodesmith Developer
Sep 24 2012, 10:52am Anchor

ARKANIUS :: An Indie 2D Retro-Styled Fantasy MMORPG.

VIEW THE THREAD HERE:
indiedb.com/forum/thread/my-project-arkanius

VIEW THE INDIEDB/MODDB SITE HERE:
indiedb.com/games/arkanius

VIEW THE WEBSITE HERE:
arkanius.com

--

Arkanius - An Indie 2D Retro-Styled Fantasy MMORPG

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE INDIEDB ARKANIUS PAGE (It won't take you long!)

JigsawPieces
JigsawPieces Shut up, that's why.
Sep 24 2012, 1:32pm Anchor

I learned how to animate today in Blender. My first animation was of a walk cycle for a character I modeled and rigged:

Here's an earlier version of the animation in Blender showing the rig:

Edited by: JigsawPieces

Sep 24 2012, 4:37pm Anchor

DYNOSTIC Space Lander Simulator We are about to release a minigame we've been working on. It's a very simple game, nothing big like some of the post here. And a few more games but that's for later :)

Edited by: thelastinuit

Sep 28 2012, 1:29pm Anchor

Working on our same project for two years now. Online team of independant workers.

Kickstarter.com here is the kickstarter we've just launch yesterday and the website over there www.recyxgame.com

Edited by: patofnickof

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Sep 28 2012, 8:57pm Anchor

JigsawPieces: It looks sort of jittery, but other than that, it looks like walking. Reminds me of what sometimes happens to me when I walk... uhh..

--

I made a cannon model...

User Posted Image

And a chakram..

User Posted Image

And a bow...

User Posted Image

Edited by: J_C_A

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
Radcliff
Radcliff void CUser::Radcliff()
Oct 2 2012, 3:23pm Anchor

A Ka-Bar for a project I'm working on... the model is not mine, the texture is.  The model belongs to Elliot Lucak, another guy working on the same project.

User Posted Image

Mouldtooth
Mouldtooth Dude
Oct 2 2012, 7:26pm Anchor

Water tower close-up

Water tower

Just "finished" a water tower model. Could use some more tweaking, as always, but it time to move on to new adventures. This one is up for grabs if you guys and gals have some cool mod it would fit in. just pm me if that's the case

JigsawPieces
JigsawPieces Shut up, that's why.
Oct 3 2012, 12:42pm Anchor
J_C_A wrote:JigsawPieces: It looks sort of jittery, but other than that, it looks like walking. Reminds me of what sometimes happens to me when I walk... uhh..

Yeah, I think it's due to extra keyframes where perhaps there shouldn't be any... maybe :D I'll worry about that later (like homework, health insurance and tax returns!). I managed to get the animation playing in the UDK:

Ultimately I want to make a short, 3D sidescroller with the UDK. I've really just started using it. I don't know how to make my player character... the player character. I'll figure it out. I did some screwing around today learning very basic things like the interface, CSG, lighting, etc. The image below isn't totally random; I plan on having the player (and much of the environment) silhouetted against the horizon in the game, so I set up some lighting to check it out:

Probably would've made more sense to set up a sun. Or two suns. Hell, it's my game, I'll have however many suns I want! Whatever.

Edited by: JigsawPieces

Oct 3 2012, 2:13pm Anchor
JigsawPieces wrote:Probably would've made more sense to set up a sun. Or two suns. Hell, it's my game, I'll have however many suns I want! Whatever.

Best.Line.Ever.

Oct 3 2012, 7:26pm Anchor

This painting is killing meeee!

Oct 4 2012, 3:32am Anchor
b5cully wrote:This painting is killing meeee!

Oooh...I like that! The painting, mind you, not that's it's killing you. M-hm.

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Oct 4 2012, 7:23am Anchor

JigsawPieces: It could be some messed up/bad rotation controllers too. I don't know how those are in Blender, but I had some similar issue some years ago in 3dsmax. An example: I rotate a bone 90 degrees in one axis and have a few frames between the two keyframes, and in the middle frames I see the bone rotates some 45 degrees on another axis. Then for some time I tried to force these bad rotations away by having more keyframes between the actual keyframes, until I found the rotation controllers and changed them to Linear, which fixed the problem for me.

b5cully: Nice dragon! Perhaps the neck is a bit too thick.

--

And I made another weapon... I suppose he can swing it single handedly :ninja:

User Posted Image

And another.. A hammer..

User Posted Image

Should probably UV map and texture the weapons next. I think I have enough of them now.

Edited by: J_C_A

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
ninjadave
ninjadave Aka Dave
Oct 8 2012, 5:02pm Anchor

Its still missing something.

The idea was for it to be textureless, but looking at it, some simple ones might do a lot of good to break apart that boringness on the ground.

Made some quick props and put them into a scene. Came out creepier than expected:

Edited by: ninjadave

--

----
"Assaultman67 proudly rates a 7 out of 10 for Dave's interesting level."

Mouldtooth
Mouldtooth Dude
Oct 9 2012, 3:03am Anchor

Ninjadave: if you are going for texturelesss (why?), then you might need to add some more geometry to make the scene interesting. It looks to blocky to be convincing. I think the wooden floor in your lower screenshot would work much better for a textureless floor. Try to add som piping, cables and stuff to your scene and it might be more intresting even as a textureless room. Maybe play with some interesing shadows and stuff, which help to break up the repetition.

Edited by: Mouldtooth

Oct 10 2012, 6:55pm Anchor

I'm working on making one of "the worst movies ever made" into a retro-style arcade game. Here's a screenshot from the current game demo for Plan 9 From Outer Space (below). You can also check out the demo for yourself online at the QuixoteSoft website. I'd love to know what you think. Thanks!

Plan 9 From Outer Space: Updated Screenshots

Oct 11 2012, 7:01am Anchor
Velvety wrote:I've been working on a physics based puzzle game for iOS for months now.  The game is called "OddBall" and it's played throughout a warehouse style setting.  You are tasked with testing the OddBalls by navigating them through a series of obstacle rooms. There are 3 Oddball types, each with its own physical properties that aid and hinder your attempts at avoiding hazzards.  You need to strategize how to best use their abilities, collect Energy Charges, activate powerups and ultimately score each of the 3 OddBalls in every level.

It's a fully 3D game (set in a 2.5D style).  There are fans, moving platforms, buttons, magnets and more.  Here is my recent #screenshotsaturday image:

Check out Velvetycouchgames.com for my devblog!  :)

Fancy seeing you here :)

Looking good man :D

Oct 22 2012, 11:36am Anchor

I am eagerly awaiting Thursday so we can release Hairy Tales on iOS and OSX, plus making a few fixes and tweaks that will go into the next version (as well as the desktop release on Desura). Here's the trailer:

I'd very much like to read your thoughts on it - what impression do you get from it? What do you think the gameplay is like? (It's a mix of genres, so it's been sometimes difficult to get the correct idea across)

Thanks!

(Edit: Found out today we'll be able to do a simultaneous iOS and OSX release!)

Edited by: Arges

Oct 23 2012, 3:26am Anchor

Just released my very first smudge of a game prototype: Battle Corp. Indiedb.com and am wondering if I should continue working on it or just move on to another game.

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Oct 23 2012, 5:25pm Anchor

Was going to be for a game but the guy pulled out working with me :S so I didn't fix the texture bake errors.

Rockman

Tk-3d.com

Edit:

I scrapped the spin animation for a free look system.
Just need to add focus clicking so your not locked to a specific part of the model.

Tk-3d.com

Edited by: TKAzA

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

Oct 24 2012, 10:15am Anchor

New screenshots for Towel Tim! It will be released really soon on iOs and Android!

Indiedb.com

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.