Forum Thread
by member
What is everyone working on? #2 (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : What is everyone working on? #2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 265
Nacho
Nacho With Cheese
Mar 22 2007, 10:21pm Anchor

Working on my first map in Hammer. My prison toilets don't seem to show up in game out of hate.

This beeing my first map ever I'm taking way to long. Everytime I add something I take like 10 minutes to admire it. Got to stop that.

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Mar 22 2007, 10:38pm Anchor

^Make sure your using prop_dynamic_override just to make sure its not the prop_static being a pain nacho.

Im working on a few v models and skins i cant show you though :P

--

TKAzA
DBolical Community Manager
Get Noticed Get Headlined

Copyright, IndieDB, SlideDB or ModDB issues PM me.
www.moddb.com www.indiedb.com www.slidedb.com
Do you like 3D Art? We do too!

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Mar 23 2007, 7:58am Anchor

I'm working on waking up today.. and it's already 2pm... woke up some hour ago, had wonderful dreams and yeyeye :D
Going to work some more with my website and then maybe some other website too. Something's stupid in my screenshots section. The tables go weird sized if the left table has 2 lines of text and the right table has 1 line of text...

Edited by: J_C_A

--

Quote:How about I give you the phonecall and you give me my finger!
Mar 23 2007, 2:09pm Anchor

Im working on maps and textures . (lots and lots of textures)

Game-artist.net <---- contains some of the textures ive made so far.

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Mar 23 2007, 2:54pm Anchor

I like the shapes of the textures :) The 4 bottom one are good looking.

--

tacoo
tacoo cupcake man
Mar 23 2007, 3:16pm Anchor

Noone gonna comment my picture? :(
Well, well. The other picture is done now, and I thought I'd post it here :)
It's a concept/ random picture I made of the person you play in Subject 311. Ofcource this is before he gets mad and starts ripping people apart:

User Posted Image

If you see any flaws or something that look strange or faulty, please tell me. I'm working on improving my work :)

Edited by (in order): tacoo, tacoo, tacoo, tacoo

--

|>>>"critisism"<<<|
|>>>"cookies"<<<|>>>"portfolio"<<<|
|>>>"311"<<<|
--------------------------------------------

DrZais
DrZais A Wing And A Prayer
Mar 23 2007, 3:40pm Anchor

I'm working on sobering up, such are the joys of friday lunchtimes at work...

--

ACHTUNG SCHWINEHUND!
User Posted Image
Forums =-= Profile
tacoo
tacoo cupcake man
Mar 23 2007, 3:51pm Anchor

i tell's :rolleyes:

--

|>>>"critisism"<<<|
|>>>"311"<<<|

AcidBarrel
AcidBarrel -- Torment --
Mar 23 2007, 4:18pm Anchor

Nice work Tacoo. I could possibly use someone like you for some concept ;)

Right now i'm working on some minor tweaks for Doom Lucions Undoing. Then from there... Well i'll see.

Edited by: AcidBarrel

--

Grenades... are your friends.

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Mar 23 2007, 5:11pm Anchor

I'm working on absolutely nothing at the moment... or working on thinking what should I be working on :P That concept shot looks cool :) he looks already pretty mad XD

So now he's just carrying people around and when he's collected enough, he'll start ripping them apart?

Well.. flaws.. I think his right arm is starting a bit weird from the torso, and maybe the the torso is a bit short, but the torso section shortness.. I think people are different looking and definitely not anatomically correct :P I think you could fix the arm part with some shading stuff in the what's-the-thing-under-the-shoulder... and maybe his shoulders could be a little more up. I have bigger shoulder muscles than him I think... if I want my shoulders go that way, I have to "work" hard to get them there and keep them there...

Edited by (in order): J_C_A, J_C_A, J_C_A

--

::idiot::
::idiot:: village ^
Mar 23 2007, 6:14pm Anchor

Awesomeness. Hate the facial hair, but that's opinion. Cool that you put in depth of field too. Yeah, everything looks good.

I was going to say the same thing as jimi though, about the right shoulder. It seems much lower than the other one. Was that purposeful, cause I know that some people have shoulder's with a visible height difference. My brother had to get surgery for that. Other than that, his feet seem like huge. Like he's wearing 8 pairs of socks. His whole leg actually, they seem a bit bulgy. Well maybe not, idk.

--

User Posted Image

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Mar 23 2007, 7:45pm Anchor

Well.. I made a trident... :D

User Posted Image

--

tacoo
tacoo cupcake man
Mar 23 2007, 7:48pm Anchor

Okay, I fixed the shoulder. About the torso being short, actually I counted (using the comic 8-heads method) and it turns out nothing is wrong. Though you haev to remember that the flak-jacket is relativly small in this case.
Thanks for your comments, and nice spear you made there Jimi!
I'm going to bed now. Night!

Edited by: tacoo

--

|>>>"critisism"<<<|
|>>>"311"<<<|

razorb
razorb Indie Dev
Mar 23 2007, 9:27pm Anchor

hey tacoo about ur pic.. few crits here n there.. 1st being the guy who is being held seems like he had no shoulders.. and his arms are coming from his nipples.... secondly try and stray away from the old burn n dodge ;( oh and defualt very recognisable brushes like that grass one u used... apart from that its pretty good dude :) keep it up!

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Mar 23 2007, 10:04pm Anchor

@Jimi: Poseidon would envy you for such a trident :D

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

tacoo
tacoo cupcake man
Mar 24 2007, 5:39am Anchor

I can't wait till I get a drawing tablet. Things will go alot faster, meaning I can use time to fix small bugs.
He is actually wearing a bulky suit. His shoulder is located inside the top of the arm.
Also, I only used burn 'n dodge on the shiny areas (the bulky suit for example) otherwise I used a black and white brush (som brown to).
And about the grass. Do you have any better suggestion about making grass, because I agree, it doesn't look to good, but I'm not used to making surroundings.

--

|>>>"critisism"<<<|
|>>>"311"<<<|

J_C_A
J_C_A FBI Man
Mar 24 2007, 9:00am Anchor

Poseidon is lucky... my trident is only virtual :D I'm going to improve it a bit. I think it's a bit fat from where you hold it and I think I will make the "spear" part not round, maybe flat like those side blades. And I just got a groovy idea for those in the side. You press some button and they'll erect into their full length... and without pressing it, they're just small... hmm...

--

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Mar 24 2007, 9:34am Anchor

Sounds nice. You can also make a low poly poseidon to accompany your trident... :P

--

User Posted Image
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine Game Engine

User Posted Image by Salohcin

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Mar 24 2007, 12:14pm Anchor

Texture Practice
I think a lighter skin is needed they look to much like rocks.
User Posted Image

Edited by: TKAzA

--

TKAzA

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Mar 24 2007, 12:21pm Anchor

Well, that and they are too stiff, sandbags would be weighted down at the ends... As is one of the reasons for looking like rocks is their stiffness, but if you're just working on texture, then yeah go lighter.

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Mar 24 2007, 12:27pm Anchor

Models set now to work in reactor as soft bodies, this is a more of a skin test.

Edited by: TKAzA

--

TKAzA

AcidBarrel
AcidBarrel -- Torment --
Mar 24 2007, 12:49pm Anchor

Ahhh, looking sexy Aaron! really sexy!

--

Grenades... are your friends.

::idiot::
::idiot:: village ^
Mar 24 2007, 4:15pm Anchor
Jimi wrote:Poseidon is lucky... my trident is only virtual :D I'm going to improve it a bit. I think it's a bit fat from where you hold it and I think I will make the "spear" part not round, maybe flat like those side blades. And I just got a groovy idea for those in the side. You press some button and they'll erect into their full length... and without pressing it, they're just small... hmm...

sounds more like something else posidoes possesses.

--

User Posted Image

zombieOnion
zombieOnion Non-Player Character
Mar 25 2007, 1:48pm Anchor

semi-secret project WIPs:
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Edited by: zombieOnion

--

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Mar 25 2007, 1:54pm Anchor

is it for that cave coop thingy? ^^

--

°w°

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.