Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Underdog Game thread (Forums : PC Gaming : Underdog Game thread) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mars_3K
Mars_3K modaholic
Jul 22 2005, 2:02pm Anchor

www.earth2160.com

I played e2150 to death. It was a revolutionary RTS in its day, but failed to attract as much attention as it deserved.

The game is being developed by a Russian company and has already hit the shelves in Germany. I believe a larger release is due in September.

Sticky
Sticky I'm pretty awesome.
Nov 13 2005, 6:38pm Anchor

Unlocked for the sake of all that is good in the world.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Nov 13 2005, 6:57pm Anchor

Hoorah.

Noone Lives Forever. That's the ultimate underdog in my opinion - heck NOLF 2 had stunning graphics for it's time (they're still average by todays standards, 5 years on...), awesome gameplay, and a feckin' good plot, and average multiplayer. It's still one of my favourite games, and yet it bombed on the market. How sucky is that?

Nov 13 2005, 8:07pm Anchor

Above most of the rest, Indigo Prophecy has got to be one of the best underdog games of all time, as well as perhaps one of the most unknown. It's a fantastic game that everyone needs to try at least once and enjoy it. Amazing story and voice acting, as well as a keen new concept that should reinvigorate the adventure genre.

At least give it a rental. You may not regret it.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Nov 14 2005, 9:11am Anchor

fahrenheit\indigo prophecy sucked. (imo)

check out shadowgrounds, i havent seen much hype about it.

--

Photobucket

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Nov 14 2005, 5:22pm Anchor

iono, i loved indigo prophecy

first game i actually sat down to beat in a while

Nov 14 2005, 5:24pm Anchor
Sticky wrote:Unlocked for the sake of all that is good in the world.

Thanks, Sticky :D

Edited by: Chunky

Nov 15 2005, 8:58am Anchor

i have a tendency to play games i dont like. it was probably only because i was bored that i played that game.
its pretty much a reaction game with cutscenes.

--

Photobucket

Nov 19 2005, 11:05am Anchor

Full Spectrum Warrior by Pandemic. It started out as an US army trianing tool and they made it a PC and Xbox game. Its one of the few RTS games were you can can command each soilder. It also had fully destructable envirorments that had amazing detail. The 2nd one 10 hammers is also coming out this spring and will have player vs player on-line plus coop and tanks. Its a really great game. And you can probaly get it for $10 used..

Edited by (in order): SuperRad, SuperRad

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Nov 19 2005, 3:00pm Anchor
SuperRad wrote:Full Spectrum Warrior by Pandemic. It started out as an US army trianing tool and they made it a PC and Xbox game. Its one of the few RTS games were you can can command each soilder. It also had fully destructable envirorments that had amazing detail. The 2nd one 10 hammers is also coming out this spring and will have player vs player on-line plus coop and tanks. Its a really great game. And you can probaly get it for $10 used..

I liked it, but it was very, very linear. I thought it was more of a puzzle game than a sim, as there was usually only one way to get through each section.

--

User Posted Image

Nov 19 2005, 3:03pm Anchor

redline legal street racing, much better and older than nfsmw.

--

Photobucket

Mauritz
Mauritz Elvis Presley reincarnation!
Nov 19 2005, 3:21pm Anchor

I think Jurassic Park - Operation Genesis was pretty fun, but that's probably just me.

Krycha
Krycha ♥♥♥
Nov 19 2005, 5:33pm Anchor

That french game Bet On Soldier sounded like fun, it got a couple of nice reviews here in Polish press, though noone ever heard about it anywhere else O_o. The screenshots look very good and the concept might be a bit refreshing, I'll try getting it asap.

--

Mod DB 1337 Polsky Man™ /// still here, lurking!
User Posted Image |User Posted Image

Nov 19 2005, 6:12pm Anchor
Krycha wrote:That french game Bet On Soldier sounded like fun, it got a couple of nice reviews here in Polish press, though noone ever heard about it anywhere else O_o. The screenshots look very good and the concept might be a bit refreshing, I'll try getting it asap.

The reviews for that game either say its great or horrid. But if you get it you should tell us what you think because I dont want to download the demo...

Nov 20 2005, 10:32am Anchor

it isnt much good, was a while since ive played bos, its mediocre, but some of the guys have weird magnetic shields like "magnetic shield IV immune to everything"
what the hell are u supposed to do about that?
anyways, if your borde u could give it a try.


and for a racing genre underdog, check out tread marks.

--

Photobucket

Nov 20 2005, 11:18am Anchor
Urgel wrote:and for a racing genre underdog, check out tread marks.

Trackmania: Sunrise ftw

Nov 20 2005, 12:04pm Anchor
SuperRad wrote:
Urgel wrote:and for a racing genre underdog, check out tread marks.

Trackmania: Sunrise ftw


I totally forgot to mention that :O

Trackmania: Sunrise is actually a great game :D

Nov 20 2005, 12:24pm Anchor

Yea its a really great game with the most responsive and tight controls for a racing PC game ever. It even has a map editor :D

Nov 23 2005, 2:16pm Anchor

Anyone ever hear of "Flesh Feast"? It's free abandonware, and it has lots of zombie killing. It might have gotten crap reviews, but I'm going to try it sometime.

Download it here: The-underdogs.org

Nov 23 2005, 2:25pm Anchor
Chunky.The.Tree wrote:Anyone ever hear of "Flesh Feast"? It's free abandonware, and it has lots of zombie killing. It might have gotten crap reviews, but I'm going to try it sometime.

Download it here: The-underdogs.org


Im gonna try that sounds good :)

Krycha
Krycha ♥♥♥
Nov 24 2005, 10:49am Anchor

Wow, I didn't know it was ever released. I have a game magazine cover CD with the demo of it :P they said it sucked though .. (if we talk about the same game)

--

Mod DB 1337 Polsky Man™ /// still here, lurking!
User Posted Image |User Posted Image

Nov 24 2005, 10:53am Anchor

Well it requires DOS, but Windows XP can emulate DOS now, right?

Krycha
Krycha ♥♥♥
Nov 24 2005, 11:24am Anchor

if it doesn't work, try dosbox

--

Mod DB 1337 Polsky Man™ /// still here, lurking!
User Posted Image |User Posted Image

bulliz
bulliz Not so good: coder/mapper/modeler/concept artist
Nov 28 2005, 3:33pm Anchor

Bio Menace a true classic.

--

Mintrubbing.org - teh romanian way

Dec 3 2005, 10:51am Anchor

I played Flesh Feast, and it wasn't that bad :)

The only thing I don't like is the camera view (bird's-eye-view)

Try it out sometime...

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.