The ModDB Bar (Forums : General Banter : The ModDB Bar) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221
Sticky I'm pretty awesome.
Jul 13 2014, 12:13am Anchor
Lucífer wrote:
Sticky wrote:
Lucífer wrote:Everyone keeps trying to slam their mod onto the latest games

Just ask Duke Nukem forever.

Ask Duke Nukem forever? Shiiit, nigga owes me 5 bucks.

You even have 12 bucks left over. Hit up McBeetus and get yourself a Big Mac meal.

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Jul 13 2014, 10:12pm Anchor

Escapistmagazine.com

The funniest word they use is the word 'fans'.

What fans?

Which people out there thought it was a good game?
Which people out there thought it was a game?

Sinners.

Edited by: Lucífer

--

----------------------------------------------
86. Stick it in yo butt.
Jul 14 2014, 3:09am Anchor
Lucífer wrote:Escapistmagazine.com

What fans?

Sinners.

What does that make you then I wonder, a fan of EA fans?

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Jul 14 2014, 12:30pm Anchor
Garyn Dakari wrote:
Lucífer wrote:Escapistmagazine.com

What fans?

Sinners.

What does that make you then I wonder, a fan of EA fans?

Oh come now Garyn, I'm not a nice guy, there are no favourites, everyone gets treated equally.

And they say I'm the bad guy.

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
monism
monism ERROR!
Jul 14 2014, 1:29pm Anchor

I hold the same philosophy with people I meet they are all equally terrible until proven otherwise

--

modders don't break rules, they bend them. Unless they've done something wrong.

Jul 14 2014, 10:03pm Anchor

EA has been voted "Worst Company in America" a few times now, and they just don't seem to get the fucking message. Stop fucking over your fans, dickwits. The bottom line isn't worth anything when nobody buys your shit. The only game I'm getting from EA this year is Madden 15, and that's because 1) I didn't pay any money for it, and 2) I want an NFL game on PS4. After I get that game, fuck it, let me know when the next 2K NFL game comes out, because that's gonna be it. Will I still be playing Madden 15 in 2024? Probably, unless the PS5 comes out before then.

monism
monism ERROR!
Jul 15 2014, 3:16am Anchor

That is why the don't care because they make a but tonne of money, off people still by one or two a year of titles like fifa and madden.
it's a pretty good business really.

--

Jul 15 2014, 10:53pm Anchor

I should also say that I got Mass Effect 2 and 3, but I got that shit pre-owned.

Jul 15 2014, 11:51pm Anchor

Frankly I've been more annoyed with Ubisoft lately than EA. Regardless of the quality of their games, UPlay is complete and total crap. I forgot about any complaints I had about Origin after using UPlay.

Basically the story is, cause I know you're all fascinated with my technical woes, I downloaded Far Cry 3 on Steam. Then I tried opening it. It didn't open the game, it opened an installer for Uplay. Okay, whatever, in just a few minutes UPlay is done and asking me to create an account. I put my info in, it gives me an error after a couple minutes saying that the server's unavailable. I try three more times, same message. Then I go to the Uplay website and try to create an account there instead - it works first try, and I can login on the Uplay program now.

Okay, cool, I'm logged in, and Far Cry 3 is in my library. But there's no option to play it, just a button to install it... except I already installed it via Steam... So then I exit and restart the program in an attempt to "Flick it in the head" and make it remember that I already installed the damn game. Before it can reopen, it checks for and decides it needs an update. An update which it then downloads at 5-80kb/s. Steam and the rest of the internet are all working fine, but for some reason Uplay's downloading at a speed ranging between 5 and 80 kb/s. So I do something else for a while, letting that run in the background. Ten minutes later, it's finally done, and the game's ready to start. Uplay gives me an error message, saying that it "Failed to synchronize achievements." Good thing I don't care about achievements, 'cause I can't get any in this game.

But whatever, I'm in-game now. I got 10 hours into the game without incident, but then next time I tried to load a save, it just ran the loading screen forever. Or at least for three minutes or so, the normal load time was about ten seconds, and after a few minutes I just gave up and Ctrl+alt+delete'd and closed the game. I tried restarting a few times, same problem every time. Next I did some googling, apparently a lot of people have had this problem, and apparently it's Uplay screwing with the game somehow. The solution? Either play the game without Uplay(I.e, pirate it), or put Uplay in offline mode. I elect to do the latter, only to find out that, unlike Origin and Steam, you can't just switch to offline mode in Uplay. The only way to do it is to actually disconnect your computer from the internet while Uplay's loading, then it'll give you an offline mode option. Thank goodness, so I do that, and the game loads just fine.

So basically Uplay, an unnecessarily program mandatory to even start the game, prevents the game from working, and deactivating it lets the game run without issue. What the hell, Ubisoft.

Bleh, so anyway, the game worked fine as long as I had my internet turned off, except that every time I pushed escape to access the menu, it displayed a "Connecting to Uplay servers...." message for five seconds or so before giving an error that it couldn't connect. Which was annoying, but I could live with it.

Apart from that, the game was pretty damn good! And that's why Ubisoft annoys me. I generally like their games but everything outside of their games is just bullshit. With EA, yeah they're full of crap too, but I can easily ignore them because aside from Mass Effect, they don't own any IPs I care about. Also at least Origin is "functional," even if it's not "good."

Oh hey look, a rant.

And 'cause hopefully everyone just TL;DR'd that, here's a picture of some snow:

Jul 16 2014, 12:27am Anchor

I believe Ubisoft said it's abandoning Uplay in all further titles. It was integrated into Watch_Dogs but that's because the game was mostly finished when they made the decision.

Jul 16 2014, 3:12am Anchor

Oh thank God(Sorry Lucifer).

To make an analogy to superhero movies though, if Valve and Steam are like Marvel, generally doing a good job and not pissing off fans, and EA/Origin is DC, desperately trying and mostly-failing to mimic their competition's success, then Ubisoft with Uplay is Sony with Spiderman, the little guy clamoring to play with the big boys when really it should just sit down and ignore them, and do what it does best.

Aaaaand that's about all I have to say about that. Yay that they won't be using it anymore though, if they mean it. Though I do wonder, since they used to have this terrible DRM service in games like one of the Splinter Cell's, and Prince of Persia 5, and after they promised to stop using that, they started using Uplay... guess we'll see later.

Jul 22 2014, 1:04am Anchor

Yay, Last of Us Remastered comes out in like a week.

...It's also a fucking FIFTY GIGABYTE INSTALL. HOLY HELL.

Jul 22 2014, 4:28am Anchor

Cool.

I plan on getting the PS3 version soonish. Since I recently got a PS3 and probably won't have a PS4 for years, if ever.

monism
monism ERROR!
Jul 22 2014, 1:22pm Anchor

Nah still to busy playing battle front II for any of that next gen nonsense

--

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Jul 22 2014, 1:27pm Anchor

If anything, Ubisoft and Uplay are more like the Fox Network, just hooking onto little bits of everything and reeling in whatever tugs whenever it tugs.

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
monism
monism ERROR!
Jul 22 2014, 5:18pm Anchor

I don't remember Ubisoft cancelling and bringing back Futurama other and other

--

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Jul 22 2014, 5:43pm Anchor
monism wrote:I don't remember Ubisoft cancelling and bringing back Futurama other and other

Assassins Creed.

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
monism
monism ERROR!
Jul 22 2014, 6:08pm Anchor

Didn't even no they did that learnin me something new today

--

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Jul 22 2014, 6:31pm Anchor
monism wrote:Didn't even no they did that learnin me something new today

Did you never ponder why they feature the Americans fighting for independence. 

French, America, United Kingdom... Bloody good war! :devil:

Edited by: Lucífer

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
monism
monism ERROR!
Jul 22 2014, 6:35pm Anchor
Lucífer wrote:French, America, United Kingdom... Bloody good war! :devil:

Nah the Hundred year war before that was a bloody good war. shaped the world how it is now.

--

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Jul 22 2014, 9:00pm Anchor
monism wrote:

Nah the Hundred year war before that was a bloody good war. shaped the world how it is now.

Be gone with your quivvel, slave.

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
Jul 22 2014, 10:35pm Anchor
Lucífer wrote:
monism wrote:

Be gone with your quivvel, slave.

See you at the Battle of White Mountain! :D

monism
monism ERROR!
Jul 23 2014, 2:49am Anchor

Why was the catholic league a large military power never got that.

--

Jul 23 2014, 6:48pm Anchor
monism wrote:Why was the catholic league a large military power never got that.

Because Jesus is all about militarism and forcing conversion.

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Jul 23 2014, 9:50pm Anchor
Sticky wrote:
monism wrote:Why was the catholic league a large military power never got that.

Because Jesus is all about militarism and forcing conversion.

And befriending leppas, so you guys don't live for too long.

The faster people die under religion, the easier it is for people to become susceptible to taking part in religious practice.

Hitler was religious, in his own like-minded way.

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.