Forum Thread
by member
The ModDB Bar (Forums : General Banter : The ModDB Bar) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 225
Whizzard
Whizzard Accepted membrane
Dec 25 2012, 7:03am Anchor

There's a reason some forums limit quote pyramids maximum to three quotes. That said, I haven't seen a real quote pyramid for what, 5 years?:rolleyes:

--

leilei wrote:i hear theres this concept called money you get free stuff if you give the stores this 'money', you can get almost anything you want with money!
Dec 25 2012, 10:43am Anchor

Can any buddy help me out guys i want to know how to mod GTA VICE CITY and i am not getting it wht do i do any suggestions ??? ;(

Arcones
Arcones I don't even know...
Dec 25 2012, 5:51pm Anchor
Whizzard wrote:There's a reason some forums limit quote pyramids maximum to three quotes. That said, I haven't seen a real quote pyramid for what, 5 years?:rolleyes:

Actually that's why I decided to spectate :P

Too many quotes inside of quotes inside of quotes... Doesn't help my already hurting head *holds head*

Dec 25 2012, 6:39pm Anchor

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Dec 26 2012, 8:59am Anchor
x3nu wrote:

Reqieumthefallen wrote:
x3nu wrote:

:P

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Dec 26 2012, 12:27pm Anchor

You quoted yourself due to impatience and thus ruined what could have been an amusing forum moment.

You just saved people from more quotation torment.

Die and go to Heaven already.

--

----------------------------------------------
86. Stick it in yo butt.
Whizzard
Jan 3 2013, 8:40am Anchor

I posted this because I found how much it resembles this thread.

--

leilei wrote:i hear theres this concept called money you get free stuff if you give the stores this 'money', you can get almost anything you want with money!
Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Jan 3 2013, 7:02pm Anchor

Y'know what would've been cool? A renegade mod for Battlefield 2 and by "A Renegade mod for Battlefield 2" I just mean a complete re-modelling, re-texturing & special Tiberium'esk maps but the core-gameplay left untouched.

So really a Tiberian Dawn mod, then for Battleifled 2142 a Tiberian Sun mod!

Edited by: Lucífer

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
Whizzard
Jan 15 2013, 3:24pm Anchor

I have 2 generations old PC (aka, tech has evolved 2 generations since I bought it) and when i bought it, it was pretty mediocre with it's components. Nevertheless, back then most games ran well on it. Lately though, i noticed most of latest games slowing down considerably where I had to start making big compromises (no antializing, low resolutions, lower shadow and lightning detail...).
So I finally decided that after 3 years, it's finally time to upgrade. Much to my dismay I found that the only thing I could upgrade without switching out my motherboard was graphics card which was really low end Radeon HD 5550. I planned to get me Radeon HD 7850 which is really good high end budget card but then i found that I also would have to get better power supply.

In the end, I went a step lower and bought Radeon HD 7770 which would work with my current power supply and saved about half of what i would have had to pay for 7850 with new power supply.

I stuffed it into my PC, booted up and tried the few of latest games that didn't run so great (read: rather poorly) before and much to my surprise, everything runs great while absolutely maxed out. To think that 2 generations newer mid end graphics card would change the performance so much. Was money well spent, I say.

I got to upgrade my old gaming platform for a tiny bit of cash, while them console owners have to spend about 5 times more soon if they don't want to be stuck on aging platform that no one bothers to develope games for anymore.

BTW, I have noticed that while modding community is still thriving, there hasn't been a new game with extensive modding possibilities in a while now with the exception of Skyrim BUT no one is building anything new on that engine, just simple addons like armors, weapons and naked bodies with bigger and bigger breasts... so Skyrim doesn't really count when it comes to ModDB standard, imho. It's still the same old game engines that are being used and with that I have noticed the trend of indie games going up while modding goes down. I have to say it's directly connected, especially because those who are able to create great mods also find that they could actually earn money if they made indie games instead of mods.

I wouldn't be surprised if IndieDB is one day bigger than ModDB

Edited by: Whizzard

--

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Jan 15 2013, 5:11pm Anchor

You should always be surprised.

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
Smallchange
Smallchange GDI, 101st Airborn Division, Firehawk Pilot
Jan 18 2013, 12:01pm Anchor
Lucífer wrote:You quoted yourself due to impatience and thus ruined what could have been an amusing forum moment.

What, don't want him in hell? :|

--

Mod DB - Game Mod Manager
Mod DB - Game Mapper

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Jan 18 2013, 12:22pm Anchor
Smallchange wrote:
Lucífer wrote:You quoted yourself due to impatience and thus ruined what could have been an amusing forum moment.

"You just saved people from more quotation torment."

So yes.

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
Smallchange
Jan 18 2013, 3:55pm Anchor
Lucífer wrote:
Smallchange wrote:

"You just saved people from more quotation torment."

So yes.

xD

--

Mod DB - Game Mapper

Ambient_Malice
Ambient_Malice Ultraconservative Hippie Freak
Jan 21 2013, 7:07pm Anchor
Whizzard wrote:I have 2 generations old PC (aka, tech has evolved 2 generations since I bought it) and when i bought it, it was pretty mediocre with it's components. Nevertheless, back then most games ran well on it. Lately though, i noticed most of latest games slowing down considerably where I had to start making big compromises (no antializing, low resolutions, lower shadow and lightning detail...).
So I finally decided that after 3 years, it's finally time to upgrade. Much to my dismay I found that the only thing I could upgrade without switching out my motherboard was graphics card which was really low end Radeon HD 5550. I planned to get me Radeon HD 7850 which is really good high end budget card but then i found that I also would have to get better power supply.

In the end, I went a step lower and bought Radeon HD 7770 which would work with my current power supply and saved about half of what i would have had to pay for 7850 with new power supply.

I stuffed it into my PC, booted up and tried the few of latest games that didn't run so great (read: rather poorly) before and much to my surprise, everything runs great while absolutely maxed out. To think that 2 generations newer mid end graphics card would change the performance so much. Was money well spent, I say.

I got to upgrade my old gaming platform for a tiny bit of cash, while them console owners have to spend about 5 times more soon if they don't want to be stuck on aging platform that no one bothers to develope games for anymore.

BTW, I have noticed that while modding community is still thriving, there hasn't been a new game with extensive modding possibilities in a while now with the exception of Skyrim BUT no one is building anything new on that engine, just simple addons like armors, weapons and naked bodies with bigger and bigger breasts... so Skyrim doesn't really count when it comes to ModDB standard, imho. It's still the same old game engines that are being used and with that I have noticed the trend of indie games going up while modding goes down. I have to say it's directly connected, especially because those who are able to create great mods also find that they could actually earn money if they made indie games instead of mods.

I wouldn't be surprised if IndieDB is one day bigger than ModDB

Last time I checked, there were some massive Skyrim mods in development, beyond obvious stuff like porting Morrowind into Skyrim. Big projects take time, and Skyrim/Fallout modders tend not to associate with us common folk. :b They hang out on Nexus.

--

Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?
-Peter Hitchens

Jan 22 2013, 1:51am Anchor

Im trying to download paradox mod for red alert 3 and the first time I clicked to install mod, I made the mistake of setting firefox as the program to open something about a link? I musta not been paying attention? I guess I was suppose to set desura as link download opener?When it first went to download. It opened my firefox and keep opening more tabs constantly, anything I did to stop it, just kept opening more and more firefox's! Lol I know I messed up but how do I switch get it to stop happening. I already restored my comp twice and uninstalled/installed desura to try again and it kept doing it. I just got Red Alert 3 and I love what Desura does but I cant get the paradox to work. Or should I go somewhere else to download it? Also if there is a better mod for Ra3? Its the only pc game I play now and looking for the best mods. If there is something better than paradox mod? Thanks in advance.

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Feb 3 2013, 12:35pm Anchor

Voice Practice- Moddb.com
Because fun.

Edited by: Lucífer

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
Mar 8 2013, 12:40pm Anchor

Some serious shit is going for Natural Selection 2 developers, 1,341 keys from shady key resellers were deactivated as a result Moddb.com

Sticky I'm pretty awesome.
Mar 9 2013, 2:11pm Anchor

LOOK AT ALL THE ACTIVITY HERE. ERMAHGERD

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Mar 9 2013, 2:18pm Anchor
Sticky wrote:LOOK AT ALL THE ACTIVITY HERE. ERMAHGERD

Me <3 you long time.

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
Mar 9 2013, 5:10pm Anchor

And now, for something completely different and somewhat interesting:
Escapistmagazine.com
Mnn.com

Sticky I'm pretty awesome.
Mar 9 2013, 7:50pm Anchor

Well ain't that just the dickens.

Apr 22 2013, 2:58pm Anchor

I hope the SPAM Game has not reached you guyz yet. If he or she gets out of concordance with useful information I might have to give wiki Talk page a try.

Lucífer
Lucífer Legna
Apr 23 2013, 11:19am Anchor

The bar has been very quiet recently.

--

86. Stick it in yo butt.
Whizzard
Apr 23 2013, 2:55pm Anchor

Yeah, what is this bullshit!?

I've seen the bar reach 300 posts three times in my time here, it used to fill up in months! Now it's been here for 3 years and 8 months and we are only halfway there! What a disgrace! :P

I guess people need something to slap their tongues at.

Well then, grab your beers and lay your eyeballs on this!

Man, what a ridiculous way to play Team Fortress 2. Would fit in an arcade though... or in the gym, even better! Fit in a month!

By the way, what do you think of Oculus Rift? Would you get it? Right now the developer version costs $300 but I've heard good things about it. First offical release should be this year with a bit different design and reduced size.

Edited by: Whizzard

--

Smallchange
Apr 23 2013, 3:43pm Anchor

Dat... that video... that's so wrong...

Also, haven't heard much of Oculus Rift, going to have to look it up :P

--

Mod DB - Game Mapper

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.