Forum Thread
Super Mario 3 (Forums : General Banter : Super Mario 3) Locked
Thread Options
xSqUiDx
xSqUiDx Frank made me do it
Mar 21 2005 Anchor

This is probably old news to you lot but i thought it was pretty cool :D - a guy finishing Super Mario 3 in 11 minutes.

Ausgamers.com

--

User Posted Image

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Mar 21 2005 Anchor

Its fake too, or did I just spoil it for you? :P

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Mar 21 2005 Anchor

probably old?

hell.. i think i saw that when i was still on 56k..

Mar 21 2005 Anchor

Yeah. It appears the guy took footage of him playing the game over and over and over, and cut it into the span of 11 minutes to make it look like he was actually playing it straight through like that.

Hate to break it to you, but it was revealed the video was fake like a year or two ago. :P

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

xSqUiDx
xSqUiDx Frank made me do it
Mar 21 2005 Anchor

oooooooo that bastard.. he has no respect from me now.. thanky :)

--

User Posted Image

ForK
ForK NEED MORE COW BELL!
Mar 21 2005 Anchor

ImTheDarkcyde wrote: probably old?

hell.. i think i saw that when i was still on 56k..

28.8 for me ..I remember the download .. sooo long .. =p

--

i like biscuits

Mar 21 2005 This post has been deleted.
embers.
embers. I'm a lumberjack....
Mar 21 2005 Anchor

Karuto wrote: Yeah. It appears the guy took footage of him playing the game over and over and over, and cut it into the span of 11 minutes to make it look like he was actually playing it straight through like that.

Hate to break it to you, but it was revealed the video was fake like a year or two ago. :P

how wrong you are,its an emulated game, the guy coded in the exact times for the ai to jump and such and just used the ingame hacks of the three whistles. thats how he lands on the head of basically every monster in the game

Mar 21 2005 Anchor

I'm not exactly wrong. Technically, he did take footage of him playing the game and cut it into the span of 11 minutes, and it is fake. So, I got it mostly right.

Not to mention, that's how it was put in the EGM I had, so I wasn't aware of what steps he took. It's fake no matter how you look at it.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Mar 21 2005 Anchor

No actually embers. it was black magic... :|

--

TheDebonairNomad
TheDebonairNomad Selectively Ignorant.
Mar 21 2005 Anchor

The Demons from hell possessed the rom.

Edited by: TheDebonairNomad

--

I'm the Bringer of Death, Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or Give me a Sandwich I'm hungry.

embers.
Mar 21 2005 Anchor

Karuto wrote: I'm not exactly wrong. Technically, he did take footage of him playing the game and cut it into the span of 11 minutes, and it is fake. So, I got it mostly right.

Not to mention, that's how it was put in the EGM I had, so I wasn't aware of what steps he took. It's fake no matter how you look at it.

how did he take footage? he made a bot thats all. dont u know the super mario 3 hacks where u run through the back of the level?

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Mar 21 2005 Anchor

yes, but in the video he doesnt do that

dEaThMaStEr
dEaThMaStEr modDB Pile of Twigs
Mar 21 2005 Anchor

i heard he just played through it on a slower emulation speed then played it back at normal speed.

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Mar 21 2005 Anchor

i heard if you spin around 3 times at midnight and look into a broken mirror you see INtense!

embers.
Mar 22 2005 Anchor

ImTheDarkcyde wrote: yes, but in the video he doesnt do that

ITS A BOT! he did one for megaman as well. he has a website but it went down after the mario video came out

TheRambo
TheRambo Hello.
Mar 22 2005 Anchor

and if u afterwards spin twice into the other direction u will see me... uuuh scary ;-)

Edited by: TheRambo

--

OMG it's teh Raaaaammmbooo!!!

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Mar 22 2005 Anchor

embers, i was refering to the wall thing ;-)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.