Forum Thread
by member
Someone thinks he can argue that Episodes 1-3 are better than 4-6 (Forums : Cosmos : Someone thinks he can argue that Episodes 1-3 are better than 4-6) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Apr 10 2012, 10:57am Anchor

From all the six movies I like episode 5 the most, followed by episode 1. I liked ep 5 as a child already and ep 1 has an unique setting imo. I think that it was rather peaceful then. No huge war and no huge empire. Ep 2 was average imo. Nothing special, but nothing unforgivably bad too. Episode 3 however. Well I think that the biggest issue was time. IMO it should have been splitted into two movies. The fall of the Republic, the rise of the Empire, the death of the Jedi and the end of a soooooo long friendship between Obi Wan and Anakin. Sorry, but there is no way to tell that in 2 hours in a good way.
The only thing the first three episodes did better were the fights in my opinion. However, this is no excuse for worse movies in general.

--

User Posted Image

Apr 15 2012, 9:38am Anchor

OMFG THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK IS GONNA BE IN CINEMAS SOON, SO FUCKEN PUMPED! IM GONNA GET OUT ALL MY OLD HAN SOLO ACTION FIGURES AND MY TALKING YODA DOLL!

TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Apr 15 2012, 11:21am Anchor
Charlie.Sheen wrote:OMFG THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK IS GONNA BE IN CINEMAS SOON, SO FUCKEN PUMPED! IM GONNA GET OUT ALL MY OLD HAN SOLO ACTION FIGURES AND MY TALKING YODA DOLL!

Charlie Sheen...

You have annoyed me for the last time! *force choke*

Apr 16 2012, 6:30am Anchor

I mean, Darth Vader man, you remember that time in the Bahamas when me, you and Mick Jagger were smoking joints? I mean, you fucking told me yourself it was just special effects! You can't force choke anyone, dude. Game over.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Apr 16 2012, 12:38pm Anchor
Charlie.Sheen wrote:I mean, Darth Vader man, you remember that time in the Bahamas when me, you and Mick Jagger were smoking joints? I mean, you fucking told me yourself it was just special effects! You can't force choke anyone, dude. Game over.

That was James Earl Jones you fool.

Apr 17 2012, 9:26am Anchor

I mean like man, I can see you from a mile away with my U.S. Government Radar Abilities man. I mean, Adonis D.N.A. man, but if you wanna be really anally retentive, then you mean it was David Prowse.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Apr 17 2012, 9:49am Anchor
Charlie.Sheen wrote:I mean like man, I can see you from a mile away with my U.S. Government Radar Abilities man. I mean, Adonis D.N.A. man, but if you wanna be really anally retentive, then you mean it was David Prowse.

...*gestures to Simon the Killer Ewok (this actually exists: Starwars.wikia.com )*

Simon: TAHIDEE! *begins firing his blaster/stick*

Apr 17 2012, 11:54am Anchor

Cool story bro, your mums in the next one. *wink wink*

Youtube.com

TheUnabridgedGamer
Apr 17 2012, 12:13pm Anchor
Apr 20 2012, 11:07am Anchor

I mean like, this man's a troll dude, and he can't really conjure up apparitions of poetry with his fingertips. Because the only real fallacy I can really comprehend is man, dude, winning.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Apr 20 2012, 12:21pm Anchor

Browse.deviantart.com┬žion=&q="Winning"+demotivational#/d3atvu8

May 5 2012, 4:57am Anchor

I just want to kiss you and weep tears of joy, yes, know the ways of the Force, Yoda does. Great warrior, are you, FallentheRequiem.

TheUnabridgedGamer
May 5 2012, 9:05am Anchor
May 16 2012, 8:24am Anchor

episode 1-3 is normally the first 5 minutes of a superhero-movie where its shown why the antagonist is the antagonist. lucas stretches this over ... 800 hours^^ > crap.

episode 4-6 is a knight-rescues-the-kindom-fairy-tale (wich is good because its driving forward, not downward as episode 1-3 does), AND... the main difference... 4-6 have HAN SOLO!
lets face it, even the old movies would be the same crap without the buddy-sidekick, may it han&luke or c3po&r2d2 (hey, there are 2 of them! cool :) ). every not-that-good-developed story (wich are SW 1-6 to be honest) needs a cool sidekick to get it back up again, the "backdoor-hero", the one who gets into trouble all the time but saves the day in final. > FUN to see.
thats totally lost in 1-3 (no, jarjar is not a cool sidekick, and obi-wan is not a sidekick at all^^), and thats because its crap.

not 1-3 nor 4-6 are really GOOD movies, but 4-6 is fun to see because its fast-paced and... han solo^^. 1-3 tries to be serious, but that doesnt even work for 6yo kids.

i watched the originals with some kids in friends family who knew 1-3, and 4-6 is the favorite for ALL of them now. says it all. its not the fx. :)

my2cents

Edited by: maho

TheUnabridgedGamer
May 16 2012, 9:59am Anchor

[Deleted -- Wrong Thread]

Edited by: TheUnabridgedGamer

Ambient_Malice
Ambient_Malice Ultraconservative Hippie Freak
May 23 2012, 11:35pm Anchor

What the hell? This thread is broken. It's listing "Guest" as last poster. Maybe me posting will fix it?

--

Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?
-Peter Hitchens

TheUnabridgedGamer
May 24 2012, 10:40am Anchor
Ambient_Malice wrote:What the hell? This thread is broken. It's listing "Guest" as last poster. Maybe me posting will fix it?

It did. I believe it's because of that spammer guy.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.