Forum Thread
Someone thinks he can argue that Episodes 1-3 are better than 4-6 (Forums : Cosmos : Someone thinks he can argue that Episodes 1-3 are better than 4-6) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
TheUnabridgedGamer
TheUnabridgedGamer It's been a long time...
Feb 12 2012 Anchor

Movies.yahoo.com

I gotta be honest, it sounds like the guy lost a bet and had to write this, because he seems to struggle to come up with a valid reason. He dodges the entire fact that, outside of some nice action sequences, most of the prequels were just not that good. I'm not going to reiterate close to 13 years worth of fan raging, but I gotta say that just... I really can't decide if this guy is serious. Is he?

Feb 13 2012 Anchor

Youtube.com
Play this while you're reading, it helps.

I think you have your answer ;) yeah its obviously shit stiring for the sake of shit stiring..

TROLOLOooooo..

Edited by: formerlyknownasMrCP

CallistoNTG
CallistoNTG More passion than good sense.
Feb 13 2012 Anchor

As we all know, more CGI equals better live action film. Transformers 2 is naturally better than Citizen Kane. Star Wars Ep 6 improved dramatically with the addition of the blue elephant dance.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Feb 13 2012 Anchor

I can't wait to see those 1d characters that were previously rendered in 2d now rendered in 3d!

501stcaptainrex
501stcaptainrex FOC expert mapper and ultraconservative freak
Feb 13 2012 Anchor

Then we should kill you. . .

--

Life is like a video game; there's players and npcs.

ambershee
Feb 13 2012 Anchor

Sighnapse wrote: I prefer 1-3

wat

Arcones
Arcones I don't even know...
Feb 13 2012 Anchor

I personally prefer the original 3. I die laughing every time I watch Episode 2: Attack of the Clones (i.e. cheesy lines and such), although I have to give props for the good battle scenes near the end.

But that about sums it up for me.

Edited by: Arcones

Feb 13 2012 Anchor

This is appropriate.
User Posted Image

501stcaptainrex
Feb 13 2012 Anchor

LOL

--

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Feb 13 2012 Anchor

I don't mind the prequels. I wouldn't say they were all better, but I have fond memories of when TPM was coming out (I'd probably even favour it over A New Hope). 1996-2004 seemed like a great time for Star Wars in general.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Feb 13 2012 Anchor

Cryrid wrote: I don't mind the prequels. I wouldn't say they were all better, but I have fond memories of when TPM was coming out (I'd probably even favour it over A New Hope). 1996-2004 seemed like a great time for Star Wars in general.

I kind of still don't mind The Phantom Menace as much as most, but Episode 2 and 3 are just jokes. If you count Republic Commando stuff, KotOR stuff (which actually was almost supposed to a be a prequel game to Episode 2, btw), and stuff like the comics at the time, then yes, the time from 1996-2004 was better than some. However, also keep in mind that Republic Commando's sequel was cancelled, Battlefront 2 was forced out early, The Force Unleashed was proposed (and would inevitably caused Battlefront 3 to go into development hell), KotOR 2 would be later shafted out early as well and...

Yeah, everything that was good was kind of luck, imo. After the lackluster Revan and HK-47 bits in TOR, I'm about done with star wars.

I feel it should be also stated that Yahoo has also claimed the Six-axis controller is one of the worst controllers to date (based entirely upon its motion controls, apparently. Even though, I dunno, Heavenly Sword, inFamous, Flower, and several other games have used them without any issues. Heck, I'd find Flower boring if it weren't for the motion controls...). So yeah... Yahoo really just keeps proving it doesn't know a lick about what it's talking about.

Feb 13 2012 Anchor

I don't mind 1 or 2, but I can't stand 3. Just god awful. Some scenes came together alright and the effects were descent, but the plot was terrible. Lucas must have been on some serious sh!t to not see how bad it was.

Anyway, this guy hasn't much going for him. He's trying to justify his claim by saying the prequels have much more depth than the originals. I can see where that is coming from, but ultimately the execution makes them fall short of the originals.

Edited by: x3nu

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Feb 14 2012 Anchor

then yes, the time from 1996-2004 was better than some. However, also keep in mind that Republic Commando's sequel was cancelled, Battlefront 2 was forced out early, The Force Unleashed was proposed (and would inevitably caused Battlefront 3 to go into development hell), KotOR 2 would be later shafted out early as well and...

It's the era of the Special Edition theatrical releases with a new line of toys, and game wise it saw the likes of Rouge Squadrons/Battle for Naboo, Shadows of the Empire, Podracing, and the awesome Dark Forces series. Even when it came to ones like Masters of Teräs Käsi, it just seemed like good times. I could never really get into the later Star Wars games : /

ambershee
Feb 14 2012 Anchor

^ This. Star Wars died after the 90s. The last game I really played was Jedi Academy.

Edited by: ambershee

Feb 14 2012 Anchor

To me the Force that the first three films had
was replaced by Jarjar Binks in the last three.

CallistoNTG
Feb 14 2012 Anchor

The whole debacle over Blu Ray Star Wars 4-6 reminds me of the 'Collector's Extended Cut' version of Avatar. Fifteen minutes of new footage, but alterations to existing footage.

Sometimes 'fixes' are good. Blade Runner: Final Cut is much, much better than any other version. 1997 versions of Star Wars 4-5 were good. Star Wars 6 1997 version was bloated with CGI additions. Avatar's visual purity went to shit with the new intro and scenes of the CE cut.

Directors: stop trying to 'improve' your films.

Nooooooooo!

501stcaptainrex
Feb 14 2012 Anchor

NOOO! Its dave fillonis fault SWBF3 never made it! He brain washed Lucas into making all these crappy clone wars games instead of SWBF3!!!! DAMN YOU FILLONI!!!!!!!!!

--

TheUnabridgedGamer
Feb 14 2012 Anchor

Patrick_Kosick wrote: NOOO! Its dave fillonis fault SWBF3 never made it! He brain washed Lucas into making all these crappy clone wars games instead of SWBF3!!!! DAMN YOU FILLONI!!!!!!!!!

Dave Fiolini (not fillonis) hasn't been a positive force in star wars, that's not going to be denied. That doesn't mean he's what brought down Star Wars: Battlefront 3. Fiolini just doesn't understand how to write a story meant for people above age 5 and of the same IQ as a hamster. Fiolini -is- however why Karen Travis never got to finish the Republic Commando novels, and why canon is being turned on its head. But we're getting off topic here....

Feb 23 2012 Anchor

I'm not a major filmbrain, nor am I -that- into the star-wars lore etc, but I do prefer the original trilogy. I shall do what any other sleepy bloke would do and reference to James Rofle's movie review from 09'. He pretty much states everything that has been brought up already, but it's nice with visual examples:

Part 1: Cinemassacre.com

Part 2: Cinemassacre.com

Mar 23 2012 Anchor

4 through 6 are the best. hands down.

THANK YOU for bringing in dead pool :D

CallistoNTG
Mar 24 2012 Anchor

*Awkward silence*
I did some thinking, and I now think the prequels are better.
*Runs for cover*

BTW, the text entry box isn't working.

TheUnabridgedGamer
Mar 24 2012 Anchor

Ambient_Malice wrote: *Awkward silence*
I did some thinking, and I now think the prequels are better.
*Runs for cover*

BTW, the text entry box isn't working.

Attempt to readjust the side. Then you can type. I kept forgetting to report the bug.

Mar 24 2012 Anchor

934gamerguy wrote: THANK YOU for bringing in dead pool :D

You are very welcome my good sir.

Apr 10 2012 Anchor

From all the six movies I like episode 5 the most, followed by episode 1. I liked ep 5 as a child already and ep 1 has an unique setting imo. I think that it was rather peaceful then. No huge war and no huge empire. Ep 2 was average imo. Nothing special, but nothing unforgivably bad too. Episode 3 however. Well I think that the biggest issue was time. IMO it should have been splitted into two movies. The fall of the Republic, the rise of the Empire, the death of the Jedi and the end of a soooooo long friendship between Obi Wan and Anakin. Sorry, but there is no way to tell that in 2 hours in a good way.
The only thing the first three episodes did better were the fights in my opinion. However, this is no excuse for worse movies in general.

--

User Posted Image

Apr 15 2012 Anchor

OMFG THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK IS GONNA BE IN CINEMAS SOON, SO FUCKEN PUMPED! IM GONNA GET OUT ALL MY OLD HAN SOLO ACTION FIGURES AND MY TALKING YODA DOLL!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.