Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
[Royalty] Dynamic Realities looking for Members! (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : [Royalty] Dynamic Realities looking for Members!) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 16 2012, 10:35am Anchor

We now use our Blog to address all things we need. Currently we have a few titles open.

  • If you want to know more about Dynamic Realities you can go here.
  • If you want to look at available positions you can go here.
  • If you want to look at the current team you can go here.
  • If you want to know more about our current project you can go here.

Cheers!

We are still looking for 3D artists or a single 3D artist.

Optionally if you are an Animator/Rigger we need that too!

Edited by: Vipar

Nov 16 2012, 12:25pm Anchor

Can you check your links? Only the first one seems to work. Cheers

Nov 16 2012, 2:41pm Anchor
petethelion wrote:Can you check your links? Only the first one seems to work. Cheers

Thanks! It worked the first time I put them in. Odd. They should work now!

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Nov 16 2012, 5:37pm Anchor

any images of your current work?

Nov 16 2012, 7:37pm Anchor
TKAzA wrote:any images of your current work?

If you looked in our Open Positions section you would find that we are missing a 2D and 3D artist to make this possible. I wish I could say "Yes we do indeed!" but that is not the case as we have been very unlucky with artists lately. They get in and then disappear very shortly after because they didn't have time.

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Nov 16 2012, 7:52pm Anchor

you dont need artists to start showing alpha builds, demo levels, gameplay ideas, level layouts, also be good to mention clearly what engine your using.

Nov 16 2012, 8:09pm Anchor
TKAzA wrote:you dont need artists to start showing alpha builds, demo levels, gameplay ideas, level layouts, also be good to mention clearly what engine your using.

For the game concept we currently have going, we can't use the stock assets that come with the UDK (Which is what we are using), to express what kind of game we want. We need concept art to get props, at least decent alpha environments and characters modeled by a 3D modeler. So it is very much needed.

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Nov 16 2012, 9:00pm Anchor

sorry but art assets only immerse the player, mechanics can be worked out with just primitives, you dont think AAA companies make all the artwork first then program the engine around that?
the only thing art is good for here is getting people interested in your game, not everyone wants to read a wall of text, they need to be visually stimulated to gain their interest, food for thought.

Nov 16 2012, 9:07pm Anchor
TKAzA wrote:sorry but art assets only immerse the player, mechanics can be worked out with just primitives, you dont think AAA companies make all the artwork first then program the engine around that?
the only thing art is good for here is getting people interested in your game, not everyone wants to read a wall of text, they need to be visually stimulated to gain their interest, food for thought.

You are telling me this like I am not aware :)
I know these things. But a few things to note:

  1. We do not make the Engine. It's already made for us.
  2. This is Indie Game Development. Not AAA. There is a difference in thought-process here. At least most have any way. You start from scratch and build up.
  3. If you are not interested, you don't have to apply ^^ 

While I appreciate your tips, you are putting them in a very arrogant manner, which I am not too happy with. Let me give you an example of what I've experienced a long time ago, when I started doing this:

The concepts and mechanics are laid out. I try to attract programmers and others who can help lay the technical parts down, before the art and models kicks in. But you know what? The Technicians didn't want to join, because there was no art to show. Now I am trying to get art and you tell me I should just go for the technical aspect first since I don't need art to create an appealing game concept. I would agree with you, in an ideal world. But we are not in an ideal world. 

Edited by: Vipar

Nov 17 2012, 8:43pm Anchor

You come across as a bit arrogant yourself. Let me ask this, what is your role in the team 'Vipar'?

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Nov 18 2012, 5:39am Anchor

I was far from being arrogant, the process of seeking artists only sustains public intrest, real coders understand the design process starts with them, if your not having luck getting a coder, your recruitment / sales pitch may need some work, ive tryed the development process your using and it doesnt work.

Nov 18 2012, 7:26am Anchor
plinkie wrote:You come across as a bit arrogant yourself. Let me ask this, what is your role in the team 'Vipar'?

Well, sorry if I came across like that. A lot of people are just very quick to judge if you don't follow their specific way of making a game. This came across as exactly that.
CEO, Director (Art, Music, Gameplay, Story and Levels), PR, Assisstant Story Writer and later on I'll try to tackle UnrealScript again. Failed last time, but I was not as experienced in programming back then.

TKAzA wrote:I was far from being arrogant, the process of seeking artists only sustains public intrest, real coders understand the design process starts with them, if your not having luck getting a coder, your recruitment / sales pitch may need some work, ive tryed the development process your using and it doesnt work.

"Real Coders". What defines a real coder in your world? :P
I often like to structure my GUI before I make the code behind it when I program. Am I a Real Coder or not? (I study Java. I am on my 3rd semester in Computer Science).
A lot of those I've been looking for didn't want to join, because they didn't see any art which would signify some kind of progress. They've said:

"I like the idea and concept of it. Seems interesting and have a lot of potential. But at this point in time it doesn't seem like you've progressed very far. Maybe I'll be interested when you have some art assets to show".

Whether you like it or not, we love pictures of progression. I am also trying  to make this game in steps, so that we don't get man power for tasks we don't currently need to approach. I was in a group not too long ago that tried to get everyone at the same time, for the entire game. This was a problem because people were just hanging around not getting any assignments whatsoever.

Also you might be happy to know, that we now have a 2D artist :)

We are currently looking for a 3D animator.

Edited by: Vipar

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.