Forum Thread
Resident Evil 4 owns my soul (56k Beware) (Forums : Console Gaming : Resident Evil 4 owns my soul (56k Beware)) Locked
Thread Options
Cory_the_Gargoyle
Cory_the_Gargoyle Gangsta Gargoyle
Jan 16 2005 Anchor

Wow, I havent played a console game this good in a while, its just wow, if you have a Cube this is a must own title, if you dont, then get a cube for this game!!! I myself wasnt a big fan of the previous resident evil games due to their control system, but thankfully in 4, it takes a over the shoulder camera angle, that slightly zooms in for shooting, making combat much more efficient

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
it really really hurts when this happens
User Posted Image
I often retreat to the weapon select screen for much needed planning time on how the hell Im gonna survive this situation
User Posted Image
the new camera shooting angle is one of the much needed improvements to the series
User Posted Image
fans of resident evil 2 might recognize this lady
User Posted Image
hoping to do what a sailor never could, Leon takes on the mighty Moby Dick
User Posted Image
stay in a building to long, and the enemy surrounds you before breaking in to rush you
User Posted Image
these things are a pain, a big big big pain
User Posted Image
Oh how I love rockets

UDS
UDS
Jan 16 2005 Anchor

Agreed, it does look awesome, shame it isnt out for the PS2 :P

HangPhyr
HangPhyr Failed science project
Jan 16 2005 Anchor

..or PC. I'm usually not a big fan of console games, but this one looks and sounds pretty good.

--

User Posted Image

chis
chis Old man.
Jan 16 2005 Anchor

my friend should likes this, he is a mad res evil fan :D

--

Nothing.

deathmedic3rd
deathmedic3rd Metal Head
Jan 17 2005 Anchor

mm i'll get this when i can :)

--

running a hot rodded mac mini

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Jan 17 2005 Anchor

comes out at end of 2005 for Play Station 2

i dont see how, if PS2 framechugs on crap like killzone, how's it going to run something this beautiful?

no, this is what the gamecube is meant to be. the tiny powerhouse that triumphs over all

(ps die ps2 fanbois)

Jan 17 2005 Anchor

PS2 won't be on the same caliber as GameCube's, but that doesn't mean it won't sell better.

RE4 does look like a great game. It's a shame it has that RE name tagged on it, because there are still going to be plenty of people who will be turned off just because that series has been sort of chugging downhill for a while.

But hey, this looks to be the game that's going to turn everything around for that franchise :)

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Jan 17 2005 Anchor

I might get this game :O

--

>:|

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Jan 17 2005 Anchor

It's been getting rave reviews everywhere :D

--

User Posted Image

UDS
UDS
Jan 18 2005 Anchor

hahahahahhah Gamecube rules the world? :lol:

Cory_the_Gargoyle
Jan 19 2005 Anchor

UDS wrote: hahahahahhah Gamecube rules the world? :lol:

far from it, but it is a solid addition to my Gamecube, nay my whole game collection!

Jan 19 2005 Anchor

I don't like it how they aren't zombies anymore :confused:

its more like angry villagers with pitchforks and torches.

chis
chis Old man.
Jan 20 2005 Anchor

haha, yeah, they don't look very scareh :(

--

Nothing.

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Jan 20 2005 Anchor

If anyone remembers me on IRC after playing matches of Silent Hill 3 and Doom 3, you realise that the only reason I won't buy this is because it'll make me shit my pants, and I'll spend all my game money on dry cleaning. :(

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Jan 20 2005 Anchor

chis wrote: haha, yeah, they don't look very scareh :(

You're kidding me, right? I had a really tought time when that chainsaw guy came out of nowhere and slammed that damn thing down on my shoulder. I actually watched my shoulder be torn to shreds because of it, not to mention it takes 5-10 shots just to get one of those guys on the ground. Things can get pretty scary when they look almost alive. Even the bosses can get a little freaky, especially with that water boss that kept crashing up out of nowhere and making me jump every couple of seconds.

Trust me, the pictures don't do it justice. This is definitely one wild ride of a game, although I've only played the demo :)

--

declinsion
declinsion Wall Scibbler
Jan 20 2005 Anchor

Anyone else notice how that huge thing looks exactly like a Cave Troll from LOTR?

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Jan 20 2005 Anchor

Errrm,. no, it looks completely different. I gets to play this when my (older) brother is done :D

Jan 20 2005 Anchor

This is the troll from LOTR:

User Posted Image

There is a distinct difference, mostly the facial features. There's not a whole lot you can do with the look of a troll :)

Edited by: Karuto

--

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Jan 20 2005 Anchor

Have you guys ever seen the Warhammer trolls? Waaaaay different. O_o but yeah, this looks nothing like the LOTR trolls.

Cory_the_Gargoyle
Jan 23 2005 Anchor

Carni wrote: I don't like it how they aren't zombies anymore :confused:

its more like angry villagers with pitchforks and torches.

Just wait, they turn into zombie monster things later in the game

Jan 23 2005 Anchor

Carni wrote: I don't like it how they aren't zombies anymore :confused:

look at the pics. those are deff. zombies....

Aimforthehead
Aimforthehead Aimforthehead
Jan 23 2005 Anchor

I am a bit dissapointed by the story, it was good but** they needed zombies. Thats what the best part of resident evil is.

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Jan 23 2005 Anchor

resident evil = lame
RE4 is not a resident evil game, its too good to be attatched to that name at all.

although, cmon, if it takes more than one shot to the head to kill these guys, they are definatly possesed, thus, zombies in a different sense.

i bought this game 2 days ago, i was quite startled to shoot a hole though the door to spy out, only to see a man with a bag on his head rushing at me with a chainsaw.

what pleases me most is that all the villegers look emo, so they're more fun to shoot

Jan 23 2005 Anchor

I don't have time to play right now but i'll 100% buy this game in July.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.