Forum Thread
Red Tide: Half-Life 2 Modification (Forums : Development Banter : Red Tide: Half-Life 2 Modification) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 23 2003 Anchor

Red Tide is a multiplayer mod in development for Half-Life 2 that puts the United States and China head to head for survival. Red Tide is set 10 years in the future, therefore will consist mainly of present day weapons with additional futuristic weapons. The development of advanced satellite weaponry allows the Chinese stop a technological war and overhelm United States shores in southern California. The Chinese invade US soil quickly and create what is refered to as a modern day D-Day as they land at several beaches in lower California. Along with realistically rendered Western US cities, Red Tide will feature suicides and a Morale System. The Morale System is in developmental stages and will include a point counter to determine individual morale along with team morale. You play more or less effeciently depending on your morale along with the team morale. Some might be turned off by the realism of the Morale System, so it will be a server setting and one could join a Moraleless server if one were so inclined. We at Red Tide understand the thin line between Realism and Gameplay and will sacrifice some realism to make it fun.

We have a small team currently, though we're still looking for people with skills (we need modelers right now). If you or anyone like you is interested visit the site and drop us an email. I'd appreciate any feedback either about the mod/mod ideas and hope to find some talented people to join the team.

The site is: Mywebpages.comcast.net
Our Email is: redtidemod@comcast.net
Our ModDB Page is: Moddb.com

Thanks.

- Edited By ZoSo On Sat 23rd, Aug 2003 @ 11:24:17am

Neo-Reloaded
Neo-Reloaded I think i'm BaCk! :) i'm 18 now :P 28/03 (H)
Aug 23 2003 Anchor

seems like a good mod, but you should wait till hl2's sdk is released...

--

**wearing a christmas hat since xmas 2004 :)** ThAt'S ThE sPiRiT! ;)
thx 4 teh avatar cheap!:D
Back regularly! 8) i'm an adult in my country now! i'm 18!:O ... anyway...
I'm Back :) ... or am I? O_o

new e-mail addy, check profile :)

Tomato-Killer
Tomato-Killer thats what yo mama said
Aug 23 2003 Anchor

AHH!! U SHUD HAVE EVERYTHING READY BY THEN!!! GET PLANNING!!! AHH!!!

--

User Posted Image

Aug 25 2003 Anchor

Well, we'd like to get as much done as we can before we need the SDK to move forward.

*An update to our help needed situation*

I recieved word from a guy that would like to help us skin weapon models. We have one weapon modeler right now but we could use at least one more and if anyone is interested please email us at redtidemod@comcast.net

- Edited By ZoSo On Mon 25th, Aug 2003 @ 12:41:16am
- Edited By ZoSo On Mon 25th, Aug 2003 @ 12:41:48am

Quackzilla
Quackzilla Eagle Scout
Aug 31 2003 Anchor

a "red tide" is a giant saltwater algae bloom
turns the water reddish brown and destroys the ecosystem, like an oil spill

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.